Physical attributes are more important than technique

Having an extra 6 inches of height and more than 100 pounds of leverage on another human being is superior to having added technique... riveting analysis TS.

Man I hate that saying. It's something that coaches in the rural Midwest have printed on t-shirts and give to their scrawny white players to convince them that they can all go to the NFL if they just do everything the coach says. You end up with a bunch of delusional athletes, which just ends up being sad. It's lazy coaching.

I played sports with 3 people who eventually went pro. You could tell that they were better than everyone else by 6th grade. And if they didn't do anything but smoke weed and play video games, they still were better than everyone else.

There are people in the NFL right now who didn't even play football until 10th grade or later.
Yes and no.

there are always exceptions to the rules.
Some athletes have so much fucking talent in the “formula for success” that yea they can get away with a lot and still make it.

these athletes are rare even at the elite level.

For the “regular elite guy” (bit of an oxymoron) for every kid that does make it there are 10 other kids that were equally talented but didn’t have the work ethic or mental fortitude to succeed.

This is evident in talent scouting across a broad range of sports.

they a draw massive amounts of kids into these programs and the kids that rise to the top are the ones that apply their work ethic correctly with a handful of exceptions with kids that are prodigy level talented.

But even this ultra talented athletes sometimes have flash in the pan careers as well.

the saying is supposed to capture a broad and general principle of truth not extend to an all encompassing rule without exception.

No dipshit, my point is that DJ or khabib have better wrestling and grappling then lets say Ngannou and they would still get smashed just because of strength alone, not technique. Both DJ and khabib are far more technical but the strength differance is too much, what exactly is so hard for you to understand junior.

Yeah I actually totally understand what you’re saying. And very explicitly stated this. We’re not even arguing at this point.

But don’t worry, bruv. You’ll never even know.

<Gordonhat>

Yeah I actually totally understand what you’re saying. And very explicitly stated this. We’re not even arguing at this point.

But don’t worry, bruv. You’ll never even know.

<Gordonhat>
Physical attrubutes are not technique, there is nothing technical about being 6ft4 250lbs of muscle. Its genetic and completely out of your hands, either you get lucky or you dont.

Physical attrubutes are not technique, there is nothing technical about being 6ft4 250lbs of muscle. Its genetic and completely out of your hands, either you get lucky or you dont.

Could you apply a chiaroscuro technique in a painting if you had no limbs or orifices to articulate a paint brush?

Could you throw a switch kick if you had no legs?

Could you walk up a flight of stairs if you had no proprioceptive feedback in your nervous system?

Could you win a fight if you were a 6’ 4” 250# oblong of nerveless muscle tissue? With no ability to direct your movements?

Think about it, bro.

<seedat>

Could you apply a chiaroscuro technique in a painting if you had no limbs or orifices to articulate a paint brush?

Could you throw a switch kick if you had no legs?

Could you walk up a flight of stairs if you had no proprioceptive feedback in your nervous system?

Could you win a fight if you were a 6’ 4” 250# oblong of nerveless muscle tissue? With no ability to direct your movements?

Think about it, bro.

<seedat>
There is nothing to think about, you're just talking nonsense at this point, i was correct, even a basic level HW would fuck up the best lightweight, simply because his genetics are superior and he was born to be bigger and stronger.

There is nothing to think about, you're just talking nonsense at this point, i was correct, even a basic level HW would fuck up the best lightweight, simply because his genetics are superior and he was born to be bigger and stronger.

If ur rite then y r u so mad?

<seedat>

Actually no.

we have already seen this play out.

An entry level HW gets beaten more often then not by the very best LW and WWs.

top 10 HW sure I agree but at some point the skill level tips over and entry level HW get beat by smaller guys with a lot more skill.

As the old saying goes "all things equal, the stronger more athletic person will win" ... But is this really true, lets be real here, Brock Lesnar's grappling technique is not even close to Khabib Nurmagomedov but im almost certain that he could just hold khabib down and smash him with raw strength and steroids.
Same goes for boxing, Anthony Joshua's boxing skill is nowhere near a Manny Pacquiao or Alvarez but im pretty sure he could ko both of theme in the same night. If the bigger physically superior person doesnt know how to fight at all then yeah sure the smaller fighter can beat him up, but even a basic level HW could fuck up an elite lightweight... Discuss
Except you named bigger guys with skill and physicality. The more appropriate action would be that Khabib could go to your local crossfit gym and toss 260lb guys all over.

Actually no.

we have already seen this play out.

An entry level HW gets beaten more often then not by the very best LW and WWs.

top 10 HW sure I agree but at some point the skill level tips over and entry level HW get beat by smaller guys with a lot more skill.
Where have we seen this before? Im gonna need some example, all i have seen is bigger stronger fighters ragdolling smaller weaker fighters.

Except you named bigger guys with skill and physicality. The more appropriate action would be that Khabib could go to your local crossfit gym and toss 260lb guys all over.
He could probably ko theme... But toss theme around... No. Too much of a strength differance.

TS is a big unathletic guy that got beaten up by a skilled athletic manlet.............. Now seeking help from Sherdogger's........

TS needs better cardio and jits............

You need to start slow at HW, otherwise that manlets going to weather the storm and son you, again............ Next time, make friends with the manlet, he might help you with your skill and cardio issues.......

Try not to get angry TS, it doesn't help when posting problems

TS is a big unathletic guy that got beaten up by a skilled athletic manlet.............. Now seeking help from Sherdogger's........

TS needs better cardio and jits............

You need to start slow at HW, otherwise that manlets going to weather the storm and son you, again............ Next time, make friends with the manlet, he might help you with your skill and cardio issues.......

Try not to get angry TS, it doesn't help when posting problems
Im not a big guy at all, im 5ft10 178lbs, im very athletic but i also understand the importance of size and strength.
Guy in the middle. looking good.jpg

Where have we seen this before? Im gonna need some example, all i have seen is bigger stronger fighters ragdolling smaller weaker fighters.

Yuki Kondo is a prime example.

5,11 170 lbs contender level skills at WW for his time but never a world beater

he has a very good record against fringe top 10 HW and LHW.

2-1 against Semmy Schilt 287lbs (was once top 10 but only for a bit.

beat Pete Williams 6’3 237 lbs and top 10 HW.

Beat Mario Sperry fringe top 10 hw in his time 6’1 220 lbs

Wins over LHW contendrs Guy Mezger, Frank Shsmrock and Funaki.

each of these guys is far superior physically and not really “fringe” some were legit contenders.

Royce Gracie is also good example.

Ken Shamrock Patrick Smith and Dan severan were all physical specimens.

there are other good examples but don’t want to right a Thesis.

i don’t disagree in principle with your stance but fringe HWs are not good enough to beat elite WWs consistently.

If physical attributes was all that was important mariusz pudzianowski would have been the world champ at HW.

What do you consider a basic level HW? You mean like a regional circuit club fighter? Nope, not a chance.

I think people should realize that LWs and WWs in MMA are not small people. A top tier LW in MMA walks at 175, if not 180 before dieting down and fight camp. A skilled 180 pounder can beat up a run of the mill HW. We had seen this many times before in Japan, and lighter fighters now are much more skilled than the guys the Japanese were sending.

You're basically saying Khabib would lose to a random 240 fat pub fighter, that's pretty crazy. If you go into an MMA gym with any half way decent fighters you're going to see that's way off.

Back