Phrases that look make you smart

I also hate people that use Latin terms like "veni vidi vici" or "quid pro quo" to try to sound smart. I realize lawyers use these terms a lot, but if you aren't a lawyer stfu

I don't tend to use such terms Per Se. You should STFU with this Ad Hoc bullshit.

entrepreneur. Very common with anyone under 30 looking like they are making big moves. A rappers favorite word.

I remember having a job interview about 10 years ago. I had been teaching for a few years and had just finished a training course.

The interviewer asked me if I had learned anything on the course, I replied with something like:

“Yes, I learned a few things, but mainly I felt like I was just adding skills to my repertoire”

His eyes lit up, I felt like it was at that moment, I had landed the job! I worked there for a year, good times!

Having an extensive vocabulary (and the ability to access it readily) can really make a good impression.

Phrases that make you look smart invariably makes you look pretentious as well.

Invariably.

For real though, I think the smartest people are the ones that can use the simplest of words to express complex ideas that many people can relate and understand.

Naturally

Def worth watching buds, I bought it on DVD when I was young and watched it not that long ago, maybe a year or so. Still very enjoyable despite being 18 years old and something I’ve seen like 10 times. Based on a real person to.
Frank Abagnale. He did a talk at google. It’s on YouTube. Really good stuff.

Rogan always has to describe a jacked fighter like Usman as being “physically strong”. We can clearly see that Joe.

the american govt hired him too to do work for them just after he was caught.

id actually like to listen to that talk. will search it up today. cheers for the heads up.

I don't mind some of these terms, the only ones that bother me are the stupid business speak ones that are overused like "bandwidth" "ping" and "value add"

I also hate people that use Latin terms like "veni vidi vici" or "quid pro quo" to try to sound smart. I realize lawyers use these terms a lot, but if you aren't a lawyer stfu
Well, quid pro quo is just a lot more convenient to say than “an instance of mutual reciprocation.” So I understand why people use it.

Using ostensibly in place of supposably will take you places lol.

the term "per se"

big words like "parenthetically" and "disingenuous" are just "pretentious" enough to score IQ points.

copious use of Strawman and Red Herring, especially in the WR, always signify vaunted intelligence.

the term "per se"

big words like "parenthetically" and "disingenuous" are just "pretentious" enough to score IQ points.

copious use of Strawman and Red Herring, especially in the WR, always signify vaunted intelligence.
You forgot "good/bad Faith"

As salesman "tipicamente" (typically) was spammed before any bullshit fact i was going to try sell as an absolute Truth of the universe we live in
Like i'm not going to say "100%" or "ever" but c'mon we both know it's essentially a sure thing

This absolute Truth could have been debunked by simple questions like ask me to proof it with actual data supporting it
Like even just a 50+1%

But point is being dead serious saying It, to the point that such question will have been comparable to a duel glove slap so they stfu with their debunking shit

hey buds, just listened to that google talk. damn that was impressive, he is such a good speaker and was really engaging.

i liked his no holds barred approach to that and he was very candid about what happened and with his life. cheers for putting me onto that!

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

'Cash me ousside, how bout dah'

thats my go to line to sound smart.

Back