phone book tear video

Barut said:
Good job man! Were you able to get any reps on the overhead log press?

Unfortunately, the log was too heavy for me to clean. I was very close with many of my attempts to clean the log, but in the end it proved to be too much. I'm going to not only clean the 180lb log, but also do at least 1-3 presses in the next strongman contest that they have there in April.

DieselWeasel said:
Unfortunately, the log was too heavy for me to clean. I was very close with many of my attempts to clean the log, but in the end it proved to be too much. I'm going to not only clean the 180lb log, but also do at least 1-3 presses in the next strongman contest that they have there in April.

Sounds good. Good luck man.

Nice job Diesel W. You have the log to practice with now, so next time it will be a breeze. Cleaning those has alot to do with technique (obviously). The only point being that having the log to use is a huge step in the right direction. Congrats!

That is cool, I am going to start with like 2 pages and work from there. I a few months I will tear a flex magazine in half.

the frying pan was a piece of shit: 9 bucks at target appearently. It was no doubt one of those non-stick pans that's only non-stick when you use a shitwhack of butter and oil.

Urban, thanks for posting that article. First times a charm. That technique in the article was perfect and I was able to tear it using my original grip. I did not measure it but im guessing it was only and inch thick. Who cares though, it was my first time trying and it's gonna make for a good party trick.

I'm guessing that even with the technique, most wimps I know would not even come close to tearing it. I do think it still requires some grip strength, more than the average guy has.

Urban said:
the frying pan was a piece of shit: 9 bucks at target appearently. It was no doubt one of those non-stick pans that's only non-stick when you use a shitwhack of butter and oil.

Its still hard as fuck, especially to roll it up so tight. It kills the fingers like you wouldn't believe. Clay is a huge guy who is hella strong, its not an easy feat.

Also unfortuately even the weak can tear regular phone books. I have shown two skinny friends and they both can do the 1 inch ones. It is only real hard if you either tear real big ones, or tear them in one pull. Additionally its harder to tear and keep your hands pinched on the end rather than to regrip and pull it apart that way.

Also, be aware of real thick paper. I have torn a pretty good size phone book, must be like 2 1/4 inches or something and I got owned by a 1 inch science cataloge. Real thick papere like that is VERY hard to tear.

Rjkd12, quit showing mere mortals how to tear the phone books. Let them believe it is a superhuman feat of strength.

Yeah, that's why I said it's a great party trick. It's more impressive than bending, but if somebody learns the technique (or somebody else at the party knows it) it can be real tough to save face.

He cheated. he has razor blades attached to his niples so when he bends over at the start, he shreds it up with razor nips. I'm disapointed. Watch the vid again. You will notice the light reflecting.

On a serious note. Is that mainly using the lats and back?

tear one and find out. on the second part of the tear (when he grips the inside of the phonebook) yeah, it's largely back, but initially it's finger and wrist strength. That's right, I said finger strength. Tear a couple of these and tell me your fingers don't hurt.

Hahaha, I tore two last night and another one today. My fingers are definatly feeling it.

sure there is strength involved, but also skill

its just not brute power,
and the skill required doesnt make it phony.

DieselWeasel said:

How did the other events go. Feel free to be a little more descriptive.

I tore a 1.5" phone book today at work. It was my first one and I felt like a stud.

Barut said:
I tore a 1.5" phone book today at work. It was my first one and I felt like a stud.

God, is it really that doable? I've never attempted a tear, it seemed godlike to me, too.

BTW, your sig is stupendous.

Back