• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Phil Baroni arrested for murdering his girlfriend in Mexico (Facing 30-50 yr)

It seems you've taken a lot of chair shots yourself.
I never said they don't hurt.
I said that those shots are less damaging than 50+ full length pro combat fights and 1000s of combat sparring sessions.
Getting hit in the hardest part of the head one time by someone who is not trying to turn your lights off is laughable to compare to someone throwing rapid punches to your dome that get successively less defended for every one landing and putting you further out.
So you understood nothing of what many people attempted to correct you on. That's about right.

That was a hilarious fight Baroni kept clinching trying for TD's

The gif we all need?

3.gif

damn he use to chill with war machine.....not surprising
I never understood this. He was funny/witty as hell on mmaroasted the last few years. That concocted shit with Bonnar was great. But he was friends with War Machine. Not good.

There are some men that beat the piss out of women and I see zero reasons to think Phil Baroni couldn't be one of them. A hothead, drug addicted, CTE-ridden, MMA fighting juice monkey, that stood behind War Machine after he nearly beat a woman to death - is not exactly far fetched.

Wes Sims said on the UG it's not the first time Baroni has done this. Don't know if that's true.

Based on Phil's right hand and the description of the body it looks like he beat the shit out of her, likely punching her as hard as he could repeatedly. I'm talking like 20-50 punches to bust up his hand like that AND kill her.

I liked the NYBA back in the day for his showmanship and fighting style, but facts are facts.

Same as War Machine when morons on here said there was some good reason for what he did or that he didn't beat her that badly. For some reason there's always people that downplay assault or even murder.

Phil's fucked. He's nearly 50, brain damaged, drug addicted, broke and he's looking at 20+ years in a Mexican jail (if not life).

I can't see any decent defense based on the available facts aside from a "crime of passion" which might land him a murder 2 or manslaughter (doubtful) conviction, at best.

My memories of Phil are as follows.
Smashes Dave Menne, then jumps on the cage, and starts flexing screaming "I'M DA BEST! I'M DA BEST EVA!!!!!" I thought his muscles were going to explode.
A clear juicehead, who also seemed like a rather shitty human being, based on his past interactions. I don't wish anybody harm, but I'm not surprised in the slightest here.

Baroni turns into a panic wrestler literally the second the match begins.

its even funnier because you cant wrestle in bare knuckle! i remember seeing this a few years ago and was completely bewildered at Baroni's performance. then again he is fighting Chris Leben - i would definitely look for any way out if i were him.

Fucking scumbags didn't even pay Leben for the fight.

Shady behavior fron Bas as well..smh

heard about this. has there been any update on his status of payment? the video is over 3 years old.

That was abysmal

reminded me of Bigfoot v Datsik

If aliens ever visit us we should hand them an iPad with this video on it. It’s all they need to know

That was one weird ass ko, I guess that's what happens when you are that big and can take a shot. He just was kinda froze there.

Sherbro it doesn't matter how good of a fighter you are when you get jumped by 7 people.

You’ve seen too many movies and not the good prison docs lol unless he has something to offer, or essentially steps on the wrong toes he’ll be fine. Literally no one is going to go after a guy like baroni for what he did, unless he makes a spectacle of himself or draws unwanted attention on other grounds.

Hero’s don’t reside in the system like the delusional people in this thread seem to believe and the stories you hear of them existing are far over exaggerated.

Back