• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Phil Baroni arrested for murdering his girlfriend in Mexico (Facing 30-50 yr)

Are you really trying to suggest 200 fake chair shots is worse than 35 pro MMA bouts with real strikes, plus two decades of hard sparring at a gym like Hammer House?

YES.

Do you think those are sound effects added?

Do you think they use special chairs that don't hurt?

So yeah, knowing the effects of CTE in combat sports I absolutely would take 35 MMA fights & Hard Sparring than 200 steel chair shots to the dome.

That's pretty awful. Multiple sources. His story very flimsy

Are you really trying to suggest 200 fake chair shots is worse than 35 pro MMA bouts with real strikes, plus two decades of hard sparring at a gym like Hammer House?
YES! Duh.

You can have fights where you hardly get hit,and matches week after week taking chair shots without putting your hands up to block,how do you fake the sound it makes when it clangs off your skull?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nexhBEh6mBQ

Im sorry,but this is much worse for the brain. Also a highlight why these slap contests are the dumbest shit in the world.

Damn damn damn.

I was hoping it wasn't true.

I'd been following his adventures in Mexico the last few years and it seemed like he'd had a couple of periods of going off the rails but I never expected this...

Sad and tragic. Not too surprising, though. A troubled man with substance abuse issues, short fuse and trained to physically harm people?

<{hughesimpress}>

Yeah definitely not the right side of the stat he wants to be part of. Did he even turn himself in? Looks like he called for help and now is expecting to get a lesser charge and not straight up murder.
He turned himself in

Sorry, Bud, but yes, 100% inevitable that an mma fighter would end up killing his partner, I just wish it wasn’t Phil, and it weren’t now.

Unless you believe that mma fighting is the one profession that precludes one from committing murder.

Some will also argue that the nature of the training and the inevitable CTE connected with the sport may increase that likelihood over baseline homicidal impulse, but I don’t think the statistics bear that out. None the less, this will be used by the enemies of fightsports as a cautionary tale, I all but guarantee it.

When the hand wringing begins it would be better if those people did not have these examples to parade
100% inevitable a fighter would end up killing his partner? Way to go out on a limb after the fact bud.

YES.

Do you think those are sound effects added?

Do you think they use special chairs that don't hurt?

So yeah, knowing the effects of CTE in combat sports I absolutely would take 35 MMA fights & Hard Sparring than 200 steel chair shots to the dome.

YES! Duh.

You can have fights where you hardly get hit,and matches week after week taking chair shots without putting your hands up to block,how do you fake the sound it makes when it clangs off your skull?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nexhBEh6mBQ

Im sorry,but this is much worse for the brain. Also a highlight why these slap contests are the dumbest shit in the world.

and those are just chair shots, that's not counting all the other shit that happens like being slammed, falling off ladders, botched moves, high impact leaps off the top ropes etc.,

i really think a lot of sherdog underestimates the kind of brutal shit the average pro wrestler goes through over 3/4ths of the year. there's a reason so many pro wrestlers are physically shot at the end of their careers while most MMA guys are normal.

and those are just chair shots, that's not counting all the other shit that happens like being slammed, falling off ladders, botched moves, high impact leaps off the top ropes etc.,

i really think a lot of sherdog underestimates the kind of brutal shit the average pro wrestler goes through over 3/4ths of the year. there's a reason so many pro wrestlers are physically shot at the end of their careers while most MMA guys are normal.
Also why they are constantly taking pain killers. Thats how the majority of them die early.

I work in a prison. Honestly, that’s an opinion a 13 year old might have about prison politics. You watch too many movies.

I doubt Baroni has the resources, money, or connections to get steroids into Mexican prison in order to keep his physique. He’s going to be useless off of juice. Also, no amount of “respect”as you call it, will do anything against 2+ shanks.
…you claim to work in a prison, yet you think someone like phil baroni needs to watch his cornhole? sounds like the one who watches too much tv is you.

Why are some of you so fascinated with prison sex? It's kind of weird.

Can you mods make posting this sort of fetish a cardable offense? Or make a different color card for this.

Reminder - Brock Lesnar only could take two years of full-time pro-wrestling in the WWE before getting so burned out he completely quit the business... to eventually compete in MMA... and eventually return to WWE with a much more relaxed schedule and for significantly higher pay.

But those first two years were intense.

Reminder - Brock Lesnar only could take two years of full-time pro-wrestling in the WWE before getting so burned out he completely quit the business... to eventually compete in MMA... and eventually return to WWE with a much more relaxed schedule and for significantly higher pay.

But those first two years were intense.

Yeah but in his case it was because he was pushed to the moon based on his size and ability.

Pro Wrestling used to be a something harder to get into,and even if you looked like Brock,you still had to wait 5 or 6 yrs to go anywhere and by then you were conditioned from going on the road,to the grind of it,and you pretty much only made it that far cos you LOVED doing it. Pro Wrestling in the 70s 80s and 90s to a degree was usually done by outcasts of society who didnt fit in or wanted to do normal jobs. You take a guy like Brock straight from the olympics and make him a champ in under 2 yrs in the business,of course he is gonna think he shouldnt have to work this hard like everyone else has to,and got sick of it. Same thing happened to Goldberg too.

He left under contract,and thus couldnt wrestle ANYWHERE else,so like a savage he went to MMA,and increased his value,so now he could go back to WWE under his terms. Thats to be commended.

Yeah but in his case it was because he was pushed to the moon based on his size and ability.

Pro Wrestling used to be a something harder to get into,and even if you looked like Brock,you still had to wait 5 or 6 yrs to go anywhere and by then you were conditioned from going on the road,to the grind of it,and you pretty much only made it that far cos you LOVED doing it. Pro Wrestling in the 70s 80s and 90s to a degree was usually done by outcasts of society who didnt fit in or wanted to do normal jobs. You take a guy like Brock straight from the olympics and make him a champ in under 2 yrs in the business,of course he is gonna think he shouldnt have to work this hard like everyone else has to,and got sick of it. Same thing happened to Goldberg too.

He left under contract,and thus couldnt wrestle ANYWHERE else,so like a savage he went to MMA,and increased his value,so now he could go back to WWE under his terms. Thats to be commended.

Yup, and Lesnar & Goldberg were the rare physical specimens that jumped the line and got very popular very quickly.

And they also had the worst match in Wrestlemania history. <Lmaoo>

Really makes you appreciate old school wrestlers like Mark Callaway, AKA Undertaker, that did it full-time for 20+ years, through injuries and having 15+ surgeries over the decades.

Yup, and Lesnar & Goldberg were the rare physical specimens that jumped the line and got very popular very quickly.

And they also had the worst match in Wrestlemania history. <Lmaoo>

Really makes you appreciate old school wrestlers like Mark Callaway, AKA Undertaker, that did it full-time for 20+ years, through injuries and having 15+ surgeries over the decades.
I also appreciate Brock for different reasons,and im sure there would be many who wish they had pro wrestling by the balls like Brock does.

There is definitley a difference though. Taker fuckin LOVES the pro wrestling business,which is why he struggled (and probably still does) to leave it. Im a huge fan and his older matches were hard to watch.

Lmao you don't know what you are talking about. Do you think they are going to square in front of him and challenge him to a duel? You only need 2-3 guys that go against him from the back and he's done.
i don’t know what it is about this thread that makes people romanticize the dangers of prison. nobody has argued that phil baroni has magic powers that prevent him from getting jumped or shanked. but these people who think he’s going to be the jailhouse bitch are just delusional. he’s going to be higher on the pecking order simply by virtue of being a fighter. the other inmates are going to pick on easier targets, and unless phil goes out of his way to piss off the prison gangs who run his institution, they’re going to leave him alone. bank on it.

Back