PFL 10: Playoffs 3, Sat. Oct 20, 7 PM Prelims/9 PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

This million dollar tournament has brought out the beast in Cooper.

WHOOAAA!!!

Didn't expect that!

Caught during a scramble. Ferrierra didn't see it comming and got slept

Mario saved him from death but let him get some advanced CTE...

Ray Cooper a star in my eyes. Let's take that million dollars then go to the UFC.

Cooper vs Magomedkerimov will be pretty amazing.

Cooper vs Magomedkarimov in the finals.

I hope Cooper finishes him, he's definitely the breakout prospect of the PFL so far.

Ok let's see if I can explain that last bit of nonsense for everyone not watching live:

At 4:58 of Round 2, Louis Taylor landed an illegal knee to John Howard's head while Howard was grounded.
Howard could not continue, but since the fight had gone past its midpoint (2:30 of R2) it did not end as a DQ and instead as a technical decision.
For whatever reason, the math still does not add up, the fight was scored a Technical Draw, presumably unanimous but not clear.
Since playoffs have to have a winner, the fighter who won the first round advanced, which meant Taylor is in the middleweight finals after throwing an illegal strike to stop his opponent.

Wow all the training for Shields must've really brought out Cooper's killer instinct in scrambles, the guys relentless with any amount of space.

Amazing power... some brutal ground and pound on display by Cooper.

Back