Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effective—‘great day for science and humanity’

Weird. We all are told to get them here in Canada. There was nothing really in there that said you shouldn't get them.

The UK has a shortage of flu shots, not everyone will be able to get it. So it makes sense they're spending their energy targeting high risk groups and not others.

The UK has a shortage of flu shots, not everyone will be able to get it. So it makes sense they're spending their energy targeting high risk groups and not others.
not so much a shortage, we've always used it where needed.
https://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/17/health/flu-vaccine-policy/index.html
That's because global health experts say the data aren't there yet to support this kind of blanket vaccination policy, nor is there enough money. In fact, some scientists say the enthusiasm for mass vaccination in the United States may hurt efforts to create a better vaccine.
This year, a year in which the vaccine is supposed to be a good match to the virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates the vaccine is only 62% effective.

The US seem to have worse issues with the flu than most of Europe yet you all take shots. We cope just fine immunising the vulnerable.

Cuomo is concerned with the fact that Bunker Boy is gonna fuck up the distribution.

Is Bunker Boy gonna put Kushner in charge again?

He just said that we see disparities in outcomes because some communities are healthcare deserts - NY has the most deaths by state in the US and the 2nd highest death rate per population in the US and the highest avg for mortality per infection rate by state.

coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state.jpg

Incorrect reporting is a completely different story. I don't think people who die in car wrecks but tested positive are counted though...that seems off.

And there's not much way to know if they're "on their way out". Some people live well into their 90's with a high quayof life. Others don't.

The fallacy in your view imo is thinking "Hey if they died of covid they MUST have been super old or in poor health." Which isn't true. Those things for sure increase the likelihood of dying, but it's far from absolute.

And that's not to mention the people who are gonna have serious long term health issues due to it. There are previously very healthy 30 and 40 somethings having massive lung issues that aren't going away. No, they didn't die but their lives are still a hell of a lot worse.

And... absolutely you have a huge % that's not affected much at all. No doubt. But the complex nature of the physiology of the human body makes it impossible to know who's gonna get hit hard and who isn't. Age and prior health issues tell some of the story for sure, but it's still very incomplete.

I agree with this, but yes anyone who died of any cause what so ever went into the covid category - George Floyd is listed as a covid death by the CDC and Washington counted a couple of suicides in their stats

According to NBC affiliate KGW in Oregon, if you die in a car crash in that state and previously tested positive for COVID-19 that's automatically considered a COVID-19 death.
https://www.ksby.com/news/coronavirus/health-officials-explain-what-determines-a-covid-19-death

Some states have changed it over time -Washington changed the reporting on June 17th
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Do...rtDeathsReCOVID.pdf?ver=2020-06-17-151822-090

Considering Covid came into the East Coast from Europe and not China, I think the point is moot.

How does that moot the point that Dems were undermining everything the pres did with covid?

And btw, the Mount Sinai study said that NY's outbreak was predominately from Europe.

The average life expectancy is 80. Are you arguing we should reduce life expectancy like 3rd world nations?

Avg life expectancy is 78.5, but we don't exactly know what over 75 is so my point (not to sound uncaring or dismissive) is that 1/3 of the deaths are people that had already nearly reached or exceeded life expectancy.

If you deep dive those people you're going to find a lot of people with cancer, emphysema, bad hearts, high bp, angina, etc.

Trump is already saying that of it wasn't for him the vaccine would have never been made.

Awesome news, but can you fucking believe this asshole?
“I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel,” Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla told CNBC’s Meg Tirrell on “Squawk Box.” “I believe this is likely the most significant medical advance in the last 100 years, if you count the impact this will have in public health, global economy.”
<JagsKiddingMe>

And that's not to mention the people who are gonna have serious long term health issues due to it. There are previously very healthy 30 and 40 somethings having massive lung issues that aren't going away. No, they didn't die but their lives are still a hell of a lot worse.

The worst after effect of Covid I've heard about is sudden irreversible hearing loss.

I don't believe it's very common, but just the slight possibility of going completely deaf because you caught a cold scares the shit out me.

I guess it's because I'm aware of how much music and comedy and even being able to speak to people on Skype has helped me through 2020 and isolation, so if that was suddenly taken away from me, I don't know what I'd do (well actually I do, which is why is scares me so).

I don't see the muslims being credit for killing covid19 but all I hear is china brought which they did but the Muslims Deserve the credit. Especially the Ethno Turks

U.S. pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and German biotech firm BioNTech announced Monday their coronavirus vaccine was more than 90% effective in preventing Covid-19 among those without evidence of prior infection, hailing the development as “a great day for science and humanity.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/cov...ercent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

This is great news and all, but it seems a little fishy that this is all happening immediately after the election.

Yeah another oddly timed thing but at the same time it hasn’t been approved yet and who knows how legit it is.

Avg life expectancy is 78.5, but we don't exactly know what over 75 is so my point (not to sound uncaring or dismissive) is that 1/3 of the deaths are people that had already nearly reached or exceeded life expectancy.

If you deep dive those people you're going to find a lot of people with cancer, emphysema, bad hearts, high bp, angina, etc.

I get ya man, it just comes off as cold and heartless so don’t be surprised when you get called out on it. Nevertheless, I wish your family a long healthy life.

All I hear is that we bring terror to the world.. FFS! No we kill terror that is what we have been doing for the world. surprisingly all the horrific terrors of the world was somehow stopped by the muslims saving the world.

We stopped the Viking pillagings in Europe saving the world and European peasants against the mighty vikings.
centuries later we stopped the Mongols against a global disaster.
We stopped mutliple virus outbreaks in the medievel eras
And now we stopped COVID19

Yeah another oddly timed thing but at the same time it hasn’t been approved yet and who knows how legit it is.

Exaly, everyone is thinking the FDA has approved this. It’s just an update on the Pfizer trials.

Trumps vaccine is coming:

LOL! You realize Pfizer didn't take any government money for their research? The rejected help from the White House unlike several of their competitors.

Pense tried to take credit too and the company rejected that shit.

Pfizer using dick pill technology to save mankind.

<JonesLaugh>

Back