petr yan vs. umar nurmagodov

Umars too small. As much as O’Malleys length was a disadvantage against Merab, Umar has the opposite problem of being too small and Merab is going to force him to wall sit for nearly 25 minutes straight. If there is a fence and you’re fighting Merab you’re at a severe disadvantage.

that’s a better fight to make.

fig has done enough for a shot. i know petr said he wanted to fight fig on the last ppv of the year, but frankly that’s not fair to fig (who, btw, i believe would lose).

plus, if yan fights fig, they’re gonna give a shot to umar, fresh from
the russian aluminum recycling center. one ranked win in ufc, and he jumps over everyone else? no thanks. earn it like everyone else dude.

make umar fight petr yan.

disqus
I'd like to see Figgy vs Merab and O'malley vs Umar. We know that won't happen. The UFC doesn't want their poodle to lose 2 in a row. Umar walks through O'Malley and everybody knows it.

I'd like to see Figgy vs Merab and O'malley vs Umar. We know that won't happen. The UFC doesn't want their poodle to lose 2 in a row. Umar walks through O'Malley and everybody knows it.
i think we can cut o’malley now. he served his purpose in getting rid of aljo, but now it’s time for him to become a full time podcaster or whatever it is he does.

Yan is coming off a serious knee surgery and has gone 1-4 in the last 5 fights (arguably some extremely bad luck in there). Personally, I'd have him fight Chitto. it's a good way to get some rnds underneath his belt while being a favourable match-up

It was made pretty clear by all parties that Sandhagen vs. Umar was a TS eliminator and nobody complained about that. There was broad agreement that whoever won that fight deserved the TS considering their levels. Now when Umar wins all of sudden there's a base of support claiming that Figgy deserves the TS. Seems very disingenuous.
idk where you’re getting this “broad agreement” from. clearly a lot of people are not on board, which is to be expected given that they probably found out umar existed because of this fight.

itt ive been accused of being a merab fan, an insult which is very uncalled for. i just think mma is much more interesting when people earn their titles, and don’t get them gifted by acclaim to appease some minority group.

idk where you’re getting this “broad agreement” from. clearly a lot of people are not on board, which is to be expected given that they probably found out umar existed because of this fight.

itt ive been accused of being a merab fan, an insult which is very uncalled for. i just think mma is much more interesting when people earn their titles, and don’t get them gifted by acclaim to appease some minority group.
People who don't know who Umar is probably don't give a shit whether him or Figgy gets the next shot cause they're casuals.

When Sandhagen and Umar fought it was pretty much consensus that their fight was a title eliminator. I don't remember a single poster ever bringing Figgy into the discussion, let's not re-write history. Now that Umar won the goal posts are being changed.

People who don't know who Umar is probably don't give a shit whether him or Figgy gets the next shot cause they're casuals.

When Sandhagen and Umar fought it was pretty much consensus that their fight was a title eliminator. I don't remember a single poster ever bringing Figgy into the discussion, let's not re-write history.
gimme some evidence of “consensus.” no offense, but you and people like yourself are always claiming to be spokespeople for the masses. if everyone agreed about this, there’d be no need for a discussion about it. at the end of the day, ufc will do what it wants to do, but let’s not pretend like oogamar isn’t getting some super preferential treatment because he’s khabibs cousin.

gimme some evidence of “consensus.” no offense, but you and people like yourself are always claiming to be spokespeople for the masses. if everyone agreed about this, there’d be no need for a discussion about it. at the end of the day, ufc will do what it wants to do, but let’s not pretend like oogamar isn’t getting some super preferential treatment because he’s khabibs cousin.
There was no need for a discussion about it until after Umar won, then all of a sudden it became a discussion. Like I said, my proof that Umar-Sandhagen was the consensus title eliminator is that there was no serious discussion about Figgy getting the TS prior to the outcome of Sand V Umar. Where were the threads saying Figgy deserves the shot even if Umar beats Sandhagen? They don’t exist, I don’t even remember so much as an off handed comment about him,…all of a sudden he’s the rightful challenger and Umar doesn’t deserve it and is benefiting from nepotism LOL. We all know what this is about pal.

Umar deserves a title shot after dominating Cory. This fight can happen as Umar's first title defense if he beats Merab and Yan beats Figgy. Would love to see this fight, the two most well rounded guys in the division.

Umar is ranked above Figgy. Beating Sandhagen >> beating Vera. I think Figgy loses to Sandhagen. You're just a Dagi hater trying to delay the inevitable.
I’ve seen these bullshit attempt numerous times, but all have failed lol

There was no need for a discussion about it until after Umar won, then all of a sudden it became a discussion. Like I said, my proof that Umar-Sandhagen was the consensus title eliminator is that there was no serious discussion about Figgy getting the TS prior to the outcome of Sand V Umar. Where were the threads saying Figgy deserves the shot even if Umar beats Sandhagen? They don’t exist, I don’t even remember so much as an off handed comment about him,…all of a sudden he’s the rightful challenger and Umar doesn’t deserve it and is benefiting from nepotism LOL. We all know what this is about pal.
your “proof” is completely illogical. “i can’t find a thread title about fig deserving a title shot, so it must mean umar is the consensus title challenger now.” real genius thought process there. you’ll probably be surprised to find that even before he skipped over the whole division to fight #2, people were making threads like this wondering how the hell umar got ranked: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-is-umar-nurmagomedov-ranked.4260285/

by now, we can pretty well write a handbook for promoting dagestani fighters: (1) beat a bunch of unranked guys, (2) complain that nobody wants to fight you, (3) fight a highly vulnerable ranked opponent, (4) skip the entire division en route to a title shot. it’s literally the same every single time. it’s like there’s some sort of cultural aversion to working up the rankings.

Back