Social Perfect Days

During Lockdowns we went camping in the middle of nowhere Nevada to see a meteor shower. We were the only ones at the campsite.It was a moonless night and we sat under the most amazing sky for hours watching meteors streak across the sky. Cooked some steaks over the fire which came out amazing. Having been stuck in the house for weeks it was pretty incredible.
Type of day that makes you appreciate shit when you don’t have it.

No harm in that. There was a time when my wife took my kids to visit their grandmother out of state. I had to worko I stayed home. That’s night I decided to go see a movie by myself, seeing that it’s hard to see a regulator movie with kids. Saw Collateral with Tom Cruise. As I was walking out, I saw people walking into “I, Robot”. So I dipped in. Double feature. Then I ate a burger on the way home and watched hockey when I got home. That was a damn good day.

When I was a Private Detective I'd do matinee double features alone often. $5.00 for two movies lol.

I had pizza from 4 different restaurants in one day once.
This guy lives your best day everyday

highres_477251389.jpeg

Had a few.
5-B1961-BD-4-EF7-43-C3-BEA0-3-BB4-F3498-AE1.jpg

Imma go with my 5th birthday.
Everything flowed well that day.

As I get older, end up valuing more peace of mind & sleeping well, & bliss in little things versus full blown epic peak experiences.
Steady altitude >needing high velocity.

Tangent here:
Memory is a weird thing.
Further u get away, or the way your present situation changes… can change/alter the weight or even meaning of that experience/memory.

Last edited:
Everyday i wake up? Seriously you're a traveler, if you live in west you be like damn at least i didnt have to sleep in shit or go to bed hungry last night

I don't need much to have a perfect day.. I live in FL it's always 80, fish are always biting, golf courses always green, grocery stores always have food.

Took my three year old to the park today on her tricycle. Played soccar with cones, then we napped, hiked in the woods, got ice cream, and window shopped in the boutique district. Bought a bath bomb, so we went home and I gave her a bath. Spent like 20 bucks.

Took my three year old to the park today on her tricycle. Played soccar with cones, then we napped, hiked in the woods, got ice cream, and window shopped in the boutique district. Bought a bath bomb, so we went home and I gave her a bath. Spent like 20 bucks.
To watch the joy they have at that age is a gift for sure.

As I sit recovering from the Flu after having Covid a few weeks ago, it got me thinking of better days. In this thread can you remember a day that was just perfect? Totally great day filled with your favorite things?

Mine was last year. My kids are older now (17 and 20) and when they decided to go up to Lake George for the week with us and their cousins we were ecstatic. The perfect day was we rented a big Pontoon boat. My family, my folks, my in Laws, and my bro in law and his 3 older kids. We went cliff jumping, tubing, fishing. Then moored in Sandy Bay. About 5ft deep with a sandy bottom around a ton of other boats. Music playing, swimming, drinking, eating, snorkeling, sunning...85 and sunny, water. Made Frozen Drinks with our ninja, and made friends with other boats. Stayed until 9pm when the fireworks started. Drove back following other boats back to our resort on the lake. Back at the resort thee was a big Firepit and our neighbors did a Korean BBQ and we ordered pizzas. Then we all went for a midnight swim, the lake only lit by the moon. Truly a great family day, perfect in my eyes.
View attachment 901437 View attachment 901437 View attachment 901438 View attachment 901439

Very nice looking place. Happy you had a great time.

About a month ago I started waking up earlier (7AM) to have breakfast and sunbathe in the balcony of my apartment and then go for 1 hour bike ride. Then come back, take a shower and start to work.

Haven't had a bad day since then. Not that I usually have them but damn my mood has improved a lot.

To me a perfect day is a day which I spend completely alone.

No work, no friends, no family. Just me killing my time doing some loner activity, and recharging myself mentally, with nobody pushing my buttons and telling me what to do. I release my bad thoughts and energy and become a more tolerable person until I feel like I want to "escape" again for a bit.
Seems like you need some time alone during the day.

It is harsh when you are a family guy. I don't have kids but I live with my GF. After 3 years she understood that I need at least 1 hour alone each day. We have been happier than ever since then.

I did this thread because it’s interesting to see the differences in what people like. It’s obvious some people are social, some are not. Some people love nature, some love a party. Others find joy in simplicity, the basic human needs, others crave adventure. Sometimes I see pics of ultra rich celebrities renting these 100k a week super yachts in these amazing tropical locations....and I wonder if they truly appreciate it. Whereas I’m on a lake with a $500 pontoon and love it.

About a month ago I started waking up earlier (7AM) to have breakfast and sunbathe in the balcony of my apartment and then go for 1 hour bike ride. Then come back, take a shower and start to work.

Haven't had a bad day since then. Not that I usually have them but damn my mood has improved a lot.
I totally believe you get out what you put in to a day. And mood is everything. If you go into things with a good attitude, even an ok day can be a great one. There are some people that feed on the negative....like they WANT to find things to complain or bitch about. They are already starting in the hole.

I did this thread because it’s interesting to see the differences in what people like. It’s obvious some people are social, some are not. Some people love nature, some love a party. Others find joy in simplicity, the basic human needs, others crave adventure. Sometimes I see pics of ultra rich celebrities renting these 100k a week super yachts in these amazing tropical locations....and I wonder if they truly appreciate it. Whereas I’m on a lake with a $500 pontoon and love it.
When guys like Chris Cornell off themselves or Brad Pitt becomes an alcoholic it'sthat nothing it what it seems.

Sadly most people can't even see it.

Day at the beach with the wife is typically perfect. Crabs Benniewith caviar for breakfast, mimosas, edibles, tequila then hit the beach. Lay out on the beach for a few hours, shop, swim, eat dank boardwalk food then hit up happy hour and go get oysters and fancy seafood. Afterwards cruise around main Street, maybe so go on some rides, play some games, eat more fries. Grab a pizza as we walk back to the hotel room for post coitus grubbing.
Crabs Benedict? That sounds amazing. Not sure about the caviar.

The wife, kids and I make a trip out to banff at least once a year. The last time we went we chilled out, skated and snow shoed. It was really relaxed and we were out for dinner one night and my kids were being nuts so my wife was just tearing into them, but she looked amazing and that image will be in my mind until I die.

Back