Social Perfect Days

I Am Legion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As I sit recovering from the Flu after having Covid a few weeks ago, it got me thinking of better days. In this thread can you remember a day that was just perfect? Totally great day filled with your favorite things?

Mine was last year. My kids are older now (17 and 20) and when they decided to go up to Lake George for the week with us and their cousins we were ecstatic. The perfect day was we rented a big Pontoon boat. My family, my folks, my in Laws, and my bro in law and his 3 older kids. We went cliff jumping, tubing, fishing. Then moored in Sandy Bay. About 5ft deep with a sandy bottom around a ton of other boats. Music playing, swimming, drinking, eating, snorkeling, sunning...85 and sunny, water. Made Frozen Drinks with our ninja, and made friends with other boats. Stayed until 9pm when the fireworks started. Drove back following other boats back to our resort on the lake. Back at the resort thee was a big Firepit and our neighbors did a Korean BBQ and we ordered pizzas. Then we all went for a midnight swim, the lake only lit by the moon. Truly a great family day, perfect in my eyes.
76990B2B-22B8-4C18-9EC3-8C9860C442E7.jpeg 76990B2B-22B8-4C18-9EC3-8C9860C442E7.jpeg A8DC1CFB-9ED7-4247-A12D-CA9547258FDD.jpeg FAF74A61-1B75-41E7-80F6-CBD3D5CEB4CC.jpeg

In April or May 2009, I went fishing with my dog, Robbie, for a couple of days in our favourite spot. We arrived early in the morning, set everything up, and even caught a couple of nice tench. It started to get dark around 830, Robbie came sit with me by the tent, and as we looked out over the lake, we saw a bunch of swallows over the lake (there's a Dutch saying, that one swallow doesn't make Summer), and as we were watching them, we saw one break from the pack, and he started making this intricate pattern over the lake, then break off, fly towards us, and just skim over our heads, make a right turn, go back to the pack, break off into his own pattern, and fly over our heads. He did this at least 20 times in a row, while we both sat there, absolutely mesmerized.
That was my most Perfect Day, being there with my best buddy ever, seeing how nature was signalling Summer was here. The next morning when we woke up, everything was covered in a layer of frost, and the swallows had left.

I miss Robbie. This picture is from that day.
225018_10150102498881024_4824491_n.jpg

Damn onions...

A trip to Vegas with my friends in 2018. It was a bachelor party so everyone had to come and it quickly escalated into a very big group of us, like 12. For me, a quintessential part of any vacation is sitting down in a nice restaurant and having a good meal. Most of my friends don’t think this way and would be perfectly happy eating fucking McDonald's the entire time. I somehow talk everyone into going to a good steakhouse on our last night and that was just it, man, that was the moment.

Sitting around a big table with my closest friends, most of who I had known since we were in elementary school. We spent so many nights just playing video games in my basement or throwing a football around. Now in our early 30’s, wearing suits in a fancy place in Las Vegas. It was such a journey of where we had all been and who we were now. We were there like two hours just enjoying good food and good company. We then gambled the night away and ended our friend’s bachelorhood of course with a trip to a strip club. Didn't get much better than that.

Being a natural optimist most days above ground are perfect to me unless there's been a balls up or I end up in A&E because one or the kids has done something. Me and the wife even usually laugh at the days that were bad.

But take me back to that day in New Zealand on a wine tour with my wife, ending in a Scotland Vs England rugby match in the pub, anyday

Last edited:
In April or May 2009, I went fishing with my dog, Robbie, for a couple of days in our favourite spot. We arrived early in the morning, set everything up, and even caught a couple of nice tench. It started to get dark around 830, Robbie came sit with me by the tent, and as we looked out over the lake, we saw a bunch of swallows over the lake (there's a Dutch saying, that one swallow doesn't make Summer), and as we were watching them, we saw one break from the pack, and he started making this intricate pattern over the lake, then break off, fly towards us, and just skim over our heads, make a right turn, go back to the pack, break off into his own pattern, and fly over our heads. He did this at least 20 times in a row, while we both sat there, absolutely mesmerized.
That was my most Perfect Day, being there with my best buddy ever, seeing how nature was signalling Summer was here. The next morning when we woke up, everything was covered in a layer of frost, and the swallows had left.

I miss Robbie. This picture is from that day.
225018_10150102498881024_4824491_n.jpg

Damn onions...
Family doesn’t need to be the human kind. I bet he appreciated just as much.

Family doesn’t need to be the human kind. I bet he appreciated just as much.
He always loved it when we went fishing there. If he saw that I'd brought the food bag upstairs the night before, he'd go nuts. He'd just roam around there all day everyday, looking for hares to hunt. He was the Best Boy.

To me a perfect day is a day which I spend completely alone.

No work, no friends, no family. Just me killing my time doing some loner activity, and recharging myself mentally, with nobody pushing my buttons and telling me what to do. I release my bad thoughts and energy and become a more tolerable person until I feel like I want to "escape" again for a bit.

Last edited:
As I sit recovering from the Flu after having Covid a few weeks ago, it got me thinking of better days. In this thread can you remember a day that was just perfect? Totally great day filled with your favorite things?

Mine was last year. My kids are older now (17 and 20) and when they decided to go up to Lake George for the week with us and their cousins we were ecstatic. The perfect day was we rented a big Pontoon boat. My family, my folks, my in Laws, and my bro in law and his 3 older kids. We went cliff jumping, tubing, fishing. Then moored in Sandy Bay. About 5ft deep with a sandy bottom around a ton of other boats. Music playing, swimming, drinking, eating, snorkeling, sunning...85 and sunny, water. Made Frozen Drinks with our ninja, and made friends with other boats. Stayed until 9pm when the fireworks started. Drove back following other boats back to our resort on the lake. Back at the resort thee was a big Firepit and our neighbors did a Korean BBQ and we ordered pizzas. Then we all went for a midnight swim, the lake only lit by the moon. Truly a great family day, perfect in my eyes.
View attachment 901437 View attachment 901437 View attachment 901438 View attachment 901439

Beautiful lake. I live pretty close to it....my neighbor keeps his boat there all season.

A trip to Vegas with my friends in 2018. It was a bachelor party so everyone had to come and it quickly escalated into a very big group of us, like 12. For me, a quintessential part of any vacation is sitting down in a nice restaurant and having a good meal. Most of my friends don’t think this way and would be perfectly happy eating fucking McDonald's the entire time. I somehow talk everyone into going to a good steakhouse on our last night and that was just it, man, that was the moment.

Sitting around a big table with my closest friends, most of who I had known since we were in elementary school. We spent so many nights just playing video games in my basement or throwing a football around. Now in our early 30’s, wearing suits in a fancy place in Las Vegas. It was such a journey of where we had all been and who we were now. We were there like two hours just enjoying good food and good company. We then gambled the night away and ended our friend’s bachelorhood of course with a trip to a strip club. Didn't get much better than that.
My cousin had a crazy bachelor party. He played minor league baseball in Arizona so his teammates put on the Bachelor party. I had just turned 18 and had never been to a strip club. They rented a party bus and we went to a bunch of different strip clubs. We ended up back at the hotel where they had two strippers come to the room. They did the lesbian thing in front of all of us and then one of the strippers went into the bedroom with all of the guys except me. I was sitting on the couch with the other stripper. She started crying telling me she didn't know what she's doing, she's got a kid at home and just started doing this recently. Then she called a cab to come pick her up.

My cousin had a crazy bachelor party. He played minor league baseball in Arizona so his teammates put on the Bachelor party. I had just turned 18 and had never been to a strip club. They rented a party bus and we went to a bunch of different strip clubs. We ended up back at the hotel where they had two strippers come to the room. They did the lesbian thing in front of all of us and then one of the strippers went into the bedroom with all of the guys except me. I was sitting on the couch with the other stripper. She started crying telling me she didn't know what she's doing, she's got a kid at home and just started doing this recently. Then she called a cab to come pick her up.
Yikes. Strip clubs are a bit of double edge sword. They can be fun and also kinda sad at the same time and you usually have a deep sense of regret about 30 minutes after leaving.

Yikes. Strip clubs are a bit of double edge sword. They can be fun and also kinda sad at the same time and you usually have a deep sense of regret about 30 minutes after leaving.
The real crazy ones are the underground asian ones out here. I was at one where you have to be allowed into the parking lot, they open a gate for you. And to get in you have to buy a bottle of liquor for 3 people. So if there's 6 of you then you have to buy two bottles. The bouncer told me where to go to find the restroom and while walking down the hallway a door swung open and there was this big room like a bingo hall but it was all tables of guys gambling, I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to see that.

To me a perfect day is a day which I spend completely alone.

No work, no friends, no family. Just me killing my time doing some loner activity, and recharging myself mentally, with nobody pushing my buttons and telling me what to do. I release my bad thoughts and energy and become a more torelable person until I feel like I want to "escape" again for a bit.
No harm in that. There was a time when my wife took my kids to visit their grandmother out of state. I had to worko I stayed home. That’s night I decided to go see a movie by myself, seeing that it’s hard to see a regulator movie with kids. Saw Collateral with Tom Cruise. As I was walking out, I saw people walking into “I, Robot”. So I dipped in. Double feature. Then I ate a burger on the way home and watched hockey when I got home. That was a damn good day.

When I get downtime I really try to just relax these days.. so usually when I’m on vacation I’ll get a few days like this. Wake up after sleeping in, make breakfast, take my coffee in the front room.. chill there for an hour or so. Walk around the neighborhood a little later on.. then as evening hits take one of my rides out for a cruise, read a little before going to bed..

Nothing complicated. Just straight chillin

It was a day that I woke up and had to thank God. I can't put my finger on it but that day felt kind of odd.

My canine was not barking. The sky was clear and my mother cooked a pork-free meal.
I ate the food, but a moderate amount, then I received a call from a girl that I was infatuated with. I set a time to meet her later on and left hoping I'd be safe that day.

So I got into my fancy car with the hydraulic system and made sure I obeyed the rules of the road. There were no threats in my side-mirror.

But I digress...

I met up with the girl and she wanted to have intercourse for a very long time. I went to the park with my friends to shoot some hoops. A week or so back, I was doing AMAZING on the court, I'd say similar to a prime Michael Jordan. I went home to shower no one tried to shoot me and the police officers pretty much left me alone even though I was driving a bit recklessly.

I went to my friend's house and we watched television for a bit. Then I gambled and just kept winning. It was a very enjoyable day.

I left my friend's house with my money and picked up this woman in which I've wanted to fornicated with since we were high school seniors. We drank some alcohol, smoked, then watched my favorite team win the basketball game. I won't go into too much detail, but then we had sex...

I dropped her off home really late and then got a delicious burger. Surprisingly there weren't any police out in pursuit of violent crimes. I saw a flattering message on a blimp in the sky. Even though I was really intoxicated, I did not vomit. While I was midway to my house, people were still trying to contact me. I did not have to use my firearm that day.

I gotta say it was a good day!

During Lockdowns we went camping in the middle of nowhere Nevada to see a meteor shower. We were the only ones at the campsite.It was a moonless night and we sat under the most amazing sky for hours watching meteors streak across the sky. Cooked some steaks over the fire which came out amazing. Having been stuck in the house for weeks it was pretty incredible.

Day at the beach with the wife is typically perfect. Crabs Benniewith caviar for breakfast, mimosas, edibles, tequila then hit the beach. Lay out on the beach for a few hours, shop, swim, eat dank boardwalk food then hit up happy hour and go get oysters and fancy seafood. Afterwards cruise around main Street, maybe so go on some rides, play some games, eat more fries. Grab a pizza as we walk back to the hotel room for post coitus grubbing.

Back