Pereira is 37 years old, I predict Rountree will knock him out

justmark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just like he did to Gokhan Saki, which was one the best kickboxers ever too. At 37 and with a long kickboxing career behind, I feel rountree will be too fast for Alex. This is a bad match-up for Pereira, especially at his age. At the end of the day, Izzy might actually have the last laugh.

Anything is possible in the fight game.

Rountree has big power and a decent arsenal.

But he also got flatlined by Johnny Walker, so he better not take one on the chin from Poatan or he's going sleepy time.

Pereira is 37 but he's still by far the better striker than Rountree. Rountree ain't young either. I think Roundtree is going to have to try to bully Pereira and make it a dirty boxing sort of match to have any chance.

34 is not 37. At LHW 34 is prime. Also, not only is Rountree younger, but he doesn't have a long kickboxing career behind.
34-37 is one of the worst age gaps in mma statistically. ( i remember reading this in the build up to masvidal vs colby)

34-37 is one of the worst age gaps in mma statistically. ( i remember reading this in the build up to masvidal vs colby)
This is true. If you look at pretty much every combat sport, it is around 35-36 that fighters start getting out of prime at higher weight classes. There are some exceptions, but that's the norm. At lower weight classes, it happens a bit sooner though.

Back