• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pereira/Glover camp/gym seems poor in human capital.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
First of all, it doesnt seem to have any high level wrestling based fighter or coach. Glover is a grappler, his wrestling is ok but was easily controlled by Phil Davis, na actual high level wrestler.

Those KB Glory guys need high level wrestling coaching.

Also it doesnt seem to have many mma fighters in general. We saw yesterday a "Glory champion" losing the standup against a much much shorter opponent because his striking didnt seem fine tuned for the dynamics of mma.

I know the whole friendship stuff and blablabla, but I truly believe that Alex would be much better served in a big professional gym like ATT.

Strange take from a 2009 account...

Glover was just champion so was Alex ...

That proves right there the gym works...

Also from personal experience big commercial ran gyms dont always produce good results .. alot of fighters end up lost in the fray of these super gyms , you simply cant give everyone full attention at those large gyms with many prominent fighters in it ...so at some point someones gunna suffer..or be left behind

Plus Alex/Glover can just bring different fighters into camps to freshen things up , you dont need to change gyms , if done right you should be able to have a home base to work out of and bring in the pieces you need like GSP at TriStar

Plus, Pereira is already old and I don't think he'll stay in the game too long.

It's not like he's gonna reinvent himself now to hold the title for years to come.
So if he's confortable with Glover and is being able to get by, living a good life there in the US, don't think he's too worried about changes.

Strange take from a 2009 account...

Glover was just champion so was Alex ...

That proves right there the gym works...

Also from personal experience big commercial ran gyms dont always produce good results .. alot of fighters end up lost in the fray of these super gyms , you simply cant give everyone full attention at those large gyms with many prominent fighters in it ...so at some point someones gunna suffer..or be left behind

Plus Alex/Glover can just bring different fighters into camps to freshen things up , you dont need to change gyms , if done right you should be able to have a home base to work out of and bring in the pieces you need like GSP at TriStar
And they decide to bring a Glory guy who got dominated on DWCS

It seems to me like Alex just moves around training all the time. He's always somewhere with some fighter training.

I too was shocked Glover got out wrestled by a guy who's been wrestling since elementary school

Reactions: HHJ
Combat Zone 81 was in Manchester, NH last weekend. Glover was there coaching 2 low record amateur fighters. I think now that he's retired, he has time to focus on students and not his fighting career. Def an active gym.

Alex trains at two gyms. There is Glover's MMA gym and this other BJJ gym in New Jersey. 205 isn't really a wrestling heavy division.

First of all, it doesnt seem to have any high level wrestling based fighter or coach. Glover is a grappler, his wrestling is ok but was easily controlled by Phil Davis, na actual high level wrestler.

Those KB Glory guys need high level wrestling coaching.

Also it doesnt seem to have many mma fighters in general. We saw yesterday a "Glory champion" losing the standup against a much much shorter opponent because his striking didnt seem fine tuned for the dynamics of mma.

I know the whole friendship stuff and blablabla, but I truly believe that Alex would be much better served in a big professional gym like ATT.

I agree with you 100%.

Alex Pereira does not need "grappling training" ... he needs ANTI-TAKEDOWN / ANTI-WRESTLING training.

Glover is no expert at these nuances.

All training should be for Alex to stay on his feet.

If Alex is on his feet, he is beating / KOing anyone he faces.

Back