People who don't like the lower weight classes are not real mma fans

If you didn't appreciate Garbrandt vs Cruz then you are not a real mma fan. That fight was a masterclass. A real mma fight.

100% of heavyweights would wish to have even half the skill displayed in that fight.
I'd love to see a 5 round HW fight go to UD with nearly as much action and excitement.

If you didn't appreciate Garbrandt vs Cruz then you are not a real mma fan. That fight was a masterclass. A real mma fight.

100% of heavyweights would wish to have even half the skill displayed in that fight.

F*ck off. Who are you to say what makes a true MMA fan. People can like and dislike whatever they want. So sick of you f*cks giving your opinions as facts. That being said I enjoyed the fight more than most HW fights.

Who cares about what others like or dislike? Just enjoy what you enjoy and worry less about whose a "real" fan or not!

that is also subjective depending on how much you weight each skill.

IE, many people favor knock out power over hopping around and "using movement" for 25 minutes.

Yes, being quick is a skill....but so is having big power. And at the end of the day any HW whoops any BW's ass. So to me that means that size/weight/reach are all more valuable than "using movement"
Good luck trying to convince people that Black Beast is more skilled than TJ Dillashaw.

Aren't you tired of making shit threads?
aren't you tired of being a casual?

I don't think you, or anyone else is qualified to tell others who is and is not a "real MMA fan".

The beauty of freedom of choice. We don't all have to be the same.

Watch and enjoy the fights YOU like and stop trying to tell others what they should be doing.
I've been an mma fan for over 20 years. I'm qualified.

thats subjective, just like picking which fighters you like
Throwing a well timed counter hook at a blazing speed with the proper technique while your opponent is coming at you with equal blazing speed is not subjective.

It was boring.
Welcome to MMA casual. Hopefully one day you will graduate to being a real mma fan.

F*ck off. Who are you to say what makes a true MMA fan. People can like and dislike whatever they want. So sick of you f*cks giving your opinions as facts.

They're not real?

What are they, holograms?
They're casuals.

There's is a difference between being a "fan" and a "conisseuer." And even conisseurs have their preferences (oftentimes even more so).

Good luck trying to convince people that Black Beast is more skilled than TJ Dillashaw.

what would happen if they fought?

The winner of a 1 on 1 competition doesn't have to do with skill?

There are weight classes because size/power > speed/movement on a large scale (IE large weight discrepancy). The smaller guy is clearly at a disadvantage.

Has any 125'er every won an openweight gran prix?

Yeah but WMMA sucks
I have to say I agree. I love watching skilled fighters, but I'm not interested in watching street fights on YT. There are some girls that are technically good but generally the skill level is MUCH lower.

what would happen if they fought?

The winner of a 1 on 1 competition doesn't have to do with skill?

There are weight classes because size/power > speed/movement
When was the last time someone took a class to learn how to grow?

if you didnt love seeing Amanda land those punches with pistonlike rhythm on Ronda's face you have no joy in your life.

So? I like watching the best fighters go at it, while it was entertaining to see Ronda get KOed, the technical level was very low. Amanda was simple walking forward throwing 1-2s, the skill gap between them and Cody vs Cruz is abysmal. Not only that but most WMMA fights go to distance so we need to watch two very low skilled girls trade blows for 15/25min

if you didnt love seeing Amanda land those punches with pistonlike rhythm on Ronda's face you have no joy in your life.

Would have been impressive, if Ronda didn't show similar movement to a heavy bag.

If you notice, the people who mock these weight classes are generally the worst posters on this site who suck at any topic. In any other setting, their opinions would be totally disregarded.

aren't you tired of being a casual?

Throwing a well timed counter hook at a blazing speed with the proper technique while your opponent is coming at you with equal blazing speed is not subjective.

Welcome to MMA casual. Hopefully one day you will graduate to being a real mma fan.

They're casuals.

I like the lower weight classes, but it's still a shit thread.

Back