People sleeping on Gus

I like Gus but he has zero chance against DC. DC is just a better MMA fighter. Gus is a good top 5-7 in recent roster while DC is an extraordinary top fighter from all time roster.
Not same ballpark.

Wanna account bet that?

I like Gus but he has zero chance against DC. DC is just a better MMA fighter. Gus is a good top 5-7 in recent roster while DC is an extraordinary top fighter from all time roster.
Not same ballpark.

That can't be right

If Gus were smart he'd lose this fight so the UFC then elevates him to Conor level company protection

I think if he can keep up his tdd and range he can definitely win

They are, ts. Alex can definitely win this fight. Will be a good one, very excited.

Gus won't be able to hand Cormier's chain wrestling. Unlike Jones, Cormier links shot after shot together and will force the wrestling match on you.

That, and Gus uses his range terribly. He'll continuously put himself in boxing range of Cormier.

I don't doubt he'll make it competitive, but I see Cormier grinding out a UD here.

I am rightfully doubtful of his chances to win; I am sure Gus doesn't care in the slightest. He is the one who is fighting so it's up to him to prove everyone wrong.

There's def. people underrating Gus. I think the fight will be competitive through the first 3. There's alot of things working against him though. Coming off of the Rumble KO, his confidence shaken, the injuries(last cancelling the Glover match earlier in the year), among other things.

For him to win he's going to have to stay determined through grueling clinch work and taking some big shots. DC is giving up size but closes the distance faster than Jones, Rumble, Hamill, etc. DC's boxing is also among the top of the division even though he went full wrestle mode after being rattled last time out.

It's going to take alot of consistent body work with Gus' usual body jab, knees to the body, and teeps to the body(w/o his corner yelling it out...). Cormier's vulnerability to that has been established(not that any fighter is immune). There's a decent chance he wins a competitive decision or even a late T/KO.

Nevertheless I have DC by round 4 RNC. This really could have been a better fight under other circumstances with Gus rebounding first but as it stands I think it's bad timing.

I will lose my fucking shit in the most positive way possible if Gustafsson pulls this off.... sadly I am 100% not expecting it

We all know how stellar Rumble's defensive wrestling is, and we saw how much that hindered Cormier...

I like Gus but I think DC will completely dominate him for 5 rounds.

Back