People overrate Khamzat resume

Jiri has said in the past that Khamzat is nothing crazy special, while Khamzat has said he's gotten the better of some 205ers... To be fair Jiri is an absolute monster himself so he's probably just saying the absolute truth in his mind, however i feel like u gotta hype up your training partners more.

Jiri is the LHW GOAT

Khamzat will be double champ

'Overrated' my ass

When it comes Khamzat they are rating his skillset and potential. His skillset is easy to see in his fights, yes he needs a ranked fighter to properly gauge how his skillset plays out vs higher ranked opponents. But for the skills he has displayed so far it's understandable the hype he's getting.
It's a weird thing that MMA fans do. All about records and opponents... dumb way to look at things. Could you imagine scouts for other sports downplaying top prospects because they're not performing vs the top level?

It's apples and oranges. Khamzat is a prospect with a ton of potential who may or may not pan out while Jiri is a proven commodity. He has only 9 fights to Jiri's 31.

Obviously Jiri has had more time to learn and work his way up to the top guys. At 9 fights, Jiri was fighting similar competition as Khamzat.

Haha guys, you understood it wrong. I just feel Khamzat is too overrated, Jiri doesn´t get that much attention and he is much better.
Kazmat doesn’t need to fight ranked guys he's so far ahead of these ufc bums he already retired. 5 weight champion goat.

Haha guys, you understood it wrong. I just feel Khamzat is too overrated, Jiri doesn´t get that much attention and he is much better.

He gets tons of attention. Stop inserting Jiri into fantasy matchups with smaller fighters. He's completely irrelevant to the careers of Chandler or Khamzat.

I think you're missing the point.

Jiri Doesn't have 1/10th the hype that khamzat has, people talk about khamzat being one fight from a title fight. why is everyone so hyped on khazmat, but not jiri?

the ufc fans haven’t been told what to parrot.

khamzat is fun. But has beaten nobody. Khamzat wouldn’t deserve a jiri fight if they were in the same weight class.

khamzat somehow got leon edwards. Pushing Maia into the fight and now Nick Diaz.

khamzat couldn’t hold those guys jock straps let alone deserving to fight guys of that caliber.

Some people do overrate his resume but denying the potential he's displayed by his performances is silly. He's a hot prospect and will be until he is or isn't outclassed. So far he's the one outclassing the competition he's been given

He’s in that sweet spot where he is overrated by some, and underrated by others. Then there are people in the middle who are excited by his potential.

i mean anyone with sense is fully aware Khamzat hasn't been truly tested

Khamzat beat 2 UFC bums in short period of time, then KO Gerald. All his opponents have been unranked till now.

Jiri came in UFC knocked out #6 Volkan Oezdemir in first fight and in second fight he sent #2 Reyes into login menu with elbow

I feel some people overestimate Khamzat on this forum too much.
He is nowhere near Jiri at the moment.

Bruh...

This is Sherdog
tenor.gif

Khamzat is only 26, only started MMA just a few years ago, and has great wrestling with bombs in his hands. He's the best prospect in a long time, and has charisma.

People also remember Jiri getting knocked out cold by a washed up King Mo

DismalBestHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
It's a weird thing that MMA fans do. All about records and opponents... dumb way to look at things. Could you imagine scouts for other sports downplaying top prospects because they're not performing vs the top level?
Yes I agree with that statement. I think it deals more with people not understanding the skills they see and need something to measure their skillset by beating a ranked fighter. That way they focus on the win vs a ranked number instead of being able to focus on the skills before that fact. Scouts don't need to see the players playing vs the best to recognize skills, they can spot the skills and potential beforehand.

Smoking rocks

Khamzat has a far higher ceiling than Jiri, and is probably a lot better right now despite being 2 years younger.

What resume?
Chimaev needs to fight and the obsessed fans need to be patient

Khamzat’s popularity is in large part due to his personality and how it appeals to Muslim fans. Kinda like how Nate Diaz is popular despite being nothing special
I dislike the Diaz bros but Nate has wins over the likes of Cerrone and Conor
Nate deserves the popularity, but he needs to fight regularly as well, same with Chimaev

Jiri > Khamzat

Jiri show how to handle business, in and out of the octagon. Khamzat is the opposite.

Jonni Walker > Khamzat

Back