People overrate Khamzat resume

I think you're missing the point.

Jiri Doesn't have 1/10th the hype that khamzat has, people talk about khamzat being one fight from a title fight. why is everyone so hyped on khazmat, but not jiri?

Because Khamzat fought three opponents and took less than 10 strikes, fought three times in a small period of time... <mma3>

I mean we'll see what happens when he supposedly comes back in August. I'm hyped to see how well he does at WW. Dude is an entertaining fighter, but his connections with Kadyrov make me feel for the dude. He was probably forced to not retire by Kadyrov.

Well, when I read some compliments about Khamzat on this forum I have feeling he is the most impressive guy in UFC at the moment.

Imagine how boring it would be to only look at fighter records to influence your opinion. Maybe you’re inexperienced, but Chimaev looks like one of the best prospects ever.

Khamzat beat 2 UFC bums in short period of time, then KO Gerald. All his opponents have been unranked till now.

Jiri came in UFC knocked out #6 Volkan Oezdemir in first fight and in second fight he sent #2 Reyes into login menu with elbow

I feel some people overestimate Khamzat on this forum too much.
He is nowhere near Jiri at the moment.
Khamzat is Muslim, Jiri is not.
The Islam community have become huge in MMA since Khabib became champ and it has become a market the UFC has been trying to open up since his retirement. Khamzat is the perfect fighter for that.
Jiri still has fuck load of hype behind him though, his style is bound to capture the attention of the American audience. Dude is a genuine mad man.

Honestly I'm hyped for both to see what happens in their careers. Jiri vs Rakic, Glover or Jan are all intriguing.
If Khamzat proves he's a top 10/top 5 fighter and proceeds to fight Usman for the belt that will do crazy fucking numbers.

Khamzat beat 2 UFC bums in short period of time, then KO Gerald. All his opponents have been unranked till now.

Jiri came in UFC knocked out #6 Volkan Oezdemir in first fight and in second fight he sent #2 Reyes into login menu with elbow

I feel some people overestimate Khamzat on this forum too much.
He is nowhere near Jiri at the moment.
Strange thread considering I don't see many people hyping Khamzat's resumé. Almost everyone speaks to how he hasn't beaten a top fighter yet. The hype comes from observing his skillset, not his resumé.

Because Khamzat fought three opponents and took less than 10 strikes, fought three times in a small period of time... <mma3>
What's your point? It's about the level of competition, jiri is having good fights knocking out top guys

Gerald should have beaten Kevin Holland lets say he's number 10 at MW and got KOed in one punch Khamzat beat a sambo champion who other than Khamzat is undefeated. underrated.

Back