Penn & Teller - Greatest Illusionists?

Angel does feel like his stuff depends on camera tricks and crap like that a lot, though.

Wanna hear something stupid? Penn & Teller played in my hometown and I didn't go. The drive was 20 minutes max.

I can top that. They played in my hometown and I didn't go. The drive was like 10 minutes, if I hit all the red lights wrong!!!! RAWR. Had no cash. Should have sold some plasma. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWKAbSNvxBk

Sorry, still a noob after all these years, no clue how to embed... Is this your video?

That's cool. Reminds me of something I heard him say in an old interview the other day- "If you knew how stupid and simple 90% of our tricks are..."

Angel does feel like his stuff depends on camera tricks and crap like that a lot, though.

Wanna hear something stupid? Penn & Teller played in my hometown and I didn't go. The drive was 20 minutes max.

So many regrets like that...

I hate Angel's t.v. acts (never seen his stage shows) but he is a legit illusionist.

P&T don't need camera edits and planted stooges to pull off their tricks. CA is a no-talent hack.

Source for this claim ?

I haven't seen them or any other illusionist live so I can't comment on that but their show Bullshit is fucking awesome if you haven't seen it before. They put to rest a lot of retarded shit people think is true.

Meh, impression I get is that the show is geared more toward entertainment value than dealing in facts / truth / whatever. They take very complex matters and find one angle which allows them to call bullshit. Like someone else in here said a chiropractor visit proved helpful for him, and someone else called it out for being anecdotal ... one episode I saw, they "debunked" the claim of fastfood being super unhealthy by showing one damn family who ate fast food often but weren't dying of heart attacks or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_&_Teller:_Bullshit!#Criticism

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with many of their stances -- but sometimes they just aren't being fair, while trying to pass themselves off as standing on a higher ground of reason/logic.

Source for this claim ?

Meh, impression I get is that the show is geared more toward entertainment value than dealing in facts / truth / whatever. They take very complex matters and find one angle which allows them to call bullshit. Like someone else in here said a chiropractor visit proved helpful for him, and someone else called it out for being anecdotal ... one episode I saw, they "debunked" the claim of fastfood being super unhealthy by showing one damn family who ate fast food often but weren't dying of heart attacks or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_&_Teller:_Bullshit!#Criticism

Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with many of their stances -- but sometimes they just aren't being fair, while trying to pass themselves off as standing on a higher ground of reason/logic.

They weren't saying fast food was healthy from what I remember. It was more they were pointing out that condemning fast food was retarded which it is.

They showed that those places offered healthy alternatives but people didn't order them.

The family was supposed to show that fast food can be beneficial for families on the go.

I didn't see the Chiropractor episode. Was it dealing with them for back stuff or were they shutting them down as people that can heal other medical problems?

Also was it just chiropractors or all holistic practices?

the goat

dynamo-large-final.jpg

I knew they did some sort of magic stuff.. Usually all I see is them talking some political stuff or cussing and being angry about this or that

Source for this claim ?

Seriously?
Who doesn't know he uses camera tricks and inside people as spectators? Pick your favorite criss angel routine, or any tv special he's done, the elevator trick, the flying, the buggy off the cliff, walk on water, any trick, go to YouTube and you'll get a billion results on how he relies on the fact you're watching him on tv. YOU could be criss angel with a good editor and some friends. That's how bad his tricks are.

I can top that. They played in my hometown and I didn't go. The drive was like 10 minutes, if I hit all the red lights wrong!!!! RAWR. Had no cash. Should have sold some plasma. :p

I can top that. I used to live in Vegas and I never saw them. The drive was like 5 minutes. I also lived in Vegas when Pride went there and didn't go. So take that!

Why doesn't the little guy talk? I wanna slap him until he talks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back