Pelosi throwing shade at AOC

@Anung Un Rama

She's not throwing shade at AOC or herself, although she is describing both of their districts. She's saying that she and AOC are Democrats from safely blue districts and that AOC/the left wing of the party needs to tone down their expectations for candidates/members in purple districts.
I don't see it that way. She was answering a direct question regarding comments she made recently about AOC and simply added some self-deprecating humor to come off like she wasn't dismissing AOC's accomplishment, while again dismissing AOC's accomplishment.

Also, she's wrong. Supporting universal healthcare or opposing war profiteering isn't going to keep a Democrat from being elected.
Agreed.

I think Biden will do better with a lot of women: particularly women over 35 who were previously Clinton supporters and bought into the malicious "Bernie Bros" misogyny attack on Sanders during the primary.
'Twould be most ironic

Also, she's wrong. Supporting universal healthcare or opposing war profiteering isn't going to keep a Democrat from being elected.
Pushing for open borders, reparations, and the AOC's insane green deal will though.

I don't see it that way. She was answering a direct question regarding comments she made recently about AOC and simply added some self-deprecating humor to come off like she wasn't dismissing AOC's accomplishment, while again dismissing AOC's accomplishment.

Meh, maybe you're right. I didn't listen to it except for once very quickly.

'Twould be most ironic

It would be understandable too. While I don't agree with Pelosi about pulling too far left and expecting too drastic change out of purple members, I do agree that persons such as myself sometimes tend to expect more than is realistic out of the electorate in terms of engagement and responsiveness to reasoning.

Pushing for open borders, reparations, and the AOC's insane green deal will though.

AOC hasn't called for open borders or reparations. At most, she said we need an agenda of reparations....which we do, and which we have had to varying effect since the New Deal.

Crushed? Lol I'm not going that far due to personal preferences, but I do understand why you feel that way given current events and history.

I know this post was to Ktp, but these two points I think are pointing to some heavy bias bro.

Obama's talk did not intend to "marginalize progressive ideas" during that. If anything, it was to highlight the fact that progressives should be taking a different approach that would/will likely be more effective, will stating their ideas do have merit. The narrative is being transformed into "if you are moderate you aren't supportive of progressives", which I find disingenuous. Honestly it is a bit worrying that over time Obama is being cast as this anti-progressive corporate only individual recently.

Did you make these posts when multiple progressives made it their business to battle and protest Pelosi unprovoked? Show me the posts where you condemned it and stated they should work together in more productive ways. If not, then you are cherry picking what is acceptable and what isn't, which is counter-productive, at best.

I have more, but those two points again, show heavy bias.
Its not a bias, its objective. In that speech, Obama criticized progressives for not working with corporatists, he didn't criticize the establishment for not working with progressives. He criticized primarying sitting Democrats (something he actually did himself), further aligning himself with the corporatists against the progressives (which if you have followed Obama the last 10 years should be of no surprise).

Not only that, but Obama is advocating compromising before getting to the negotiating table, again trying to undercut progressive agendas in favor of establishment agendas.
That rational is why we never got a public option. That rational is why we cemented the Bush era tax cuts.

No bias.

See, this is just a pathetic misrepresentation of my views. For the record, my top two candidates right now are Pete Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren. It's just a lot easier for you to call me an "establishment Democrat" or a "corporatist Democrat".

Let me know when you can actually address the views being expressed instead of acting like a child.

Nice dodge.
BTW, Pete's policies are establishment policies.

Nice dodge.
BTW, Pete's policies are establishment policies.
It's not a dodge. I'm asking something simple from you - represent my views accurately.

And that's bullshit. He's plenty liberal but he's not in your circle (yet). I think if he progresses onward you'll change your mind about him. Is Warren progressive enough for you? I noticed you didn't mention her. Again, more slimy shit from you.

AOC hasn't called for open borders
Well, she's called for the abolishment of ICE. She actually voted against re-opening the government because the budget included funding for ICE. And she certainly likes to spout pro-illegal immigration rhetoric: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said immigrants attempting to enter the U.S. illegally are "more American than any person who seeks to keep them out ever will be."

At most, she said we need an agenda of reparations....which we do, and which we have had to varying effect since the New Deal.
You're right, she hasn't. But its become a topic with the presidential nominees and I think its going to hurt Democrats.

Well, she's called for the abolishment of ICE. She actually voted against re-opening the government because the budget included funding for ICE. And she certainly likes to spout pro-illegal immigration rhetoric: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said immigrants attempting to enter the U.S. illegally are "more American than any person who seeks to keep them out ever will be."

Getting rid of internal deportation gestapo is different than say, getting rid of border patrol or entry administration.

For instance, I would definitely vote to get rid of ICE. They're an enormous waste of money. We're paying millions of dollars and trampling on civil liberties just to impoverish our economy that already needs more people and workers.

You're right, she hasn't. But its become a topic with the presidential nominees and I think its going to hurt Democrats.

Meh, I think it was mostly a media creation tbh. They regularly ask it of candidates when the topic shifts to race. Then, when one gives a lukewarmly affirmative answer (like Liz Warren), they run with it and blow it out of proportion. It could be a problem in the primaries (such as being used against certain candidates to make them seem bigoted, etc.) but I would bet on it.

It's not a dodge. I'm asking something simple from you - represent my views accurately.

And that's bullshit. He's plenty liberal but he's not in your circle (yet). I think if he progresses onward you'll change your mind about him. Is Warren progressive enough for you? I noticed you didn't mention her. Again, more slimy shit from you.

Dude, I don't know why you would even pretend I'm misrepresenting your views. You have always defended the establishment Democrat position.
if not 100% fo the time, very close.

And I think its telling that you support a guy like Buttigieg as your #1 even though he's come out of nowhere and is very thin on policy info.

And its slimy that I didn't mention Warren? Grow up! -heh

Not a big fan of Warren this season. I was right up until she didn't endorse Bernie, even though her public profile more aligned with him that Clinton. Her DNA test was a huge mistake, and I don't think she's viable for the general. Would like to see her in a cabinet position in a Sanders administration.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who worked as an organizer for Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 2016 presidential campaign, said she’s not hot on former Vice President Joe Biden running for the White House but acknowledged she would back whoever the Democrats nominate.

“That does not particularly animate me right now,” the New York Democrat told Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast on Sunday, referring to a Biden bid.

“I can understand why people would be excited by that, this idea that we can go back to the good old days with [former President] Obama, with Obama’s vice president,” she said.

“There’s an emotional element to that, but I don’t want to go back. I want to go forward.”

Told that Biden, who has not formally announced a White House effort, is topping Democrat polls, she said, “I will support whoever the Democratic nominee is.”

@kpt018: "Grow up!"

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who worked as an organizer for Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 2016 presidential campaign, said she’s not hot on former Vice President Joe Biden running for the White House but acknowledged she would back whoever the Democrats nominate.

“That does not particularly animate me right now,” the New York Democrat told Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast on Sunday, referring to a Biden bid.

“I can understand why people would be excited by that, this idea that we can go back to the good old days with [former President] Obama, with Obama’s vice president,” she said.

“There’s an emotional element to that, but I don’t want to go back. I want to go forward.”

Told that Biden, who has not formally announced a White House effort, is topping Democrat polls, she said, “I will support whoever the Democratic nominee is.”

@kpt018: "Grow up!"

Man, if AOC was a man, she'd/he'd be a lock as a future presidential front runner. Pretty crazy that right-wingers insist that she's only popular with Democrats because she's a woman, when in fact it's that she's only unpopular with right-wingers because she's a woman, hence why they need to write dishonest stories about her every word in desperate attempts to pretend she's dumb.

Dude, I don't know why you would even pretend I'm misrepresenting your views. You have always defended the establishment Democrat position.
if not 100% fo the time, very close.

Like what? It's hilarious to me since folks on the right view me as very liberal.

And I think its telling that you support a guy like Buttigieg as your #1 even though he's come out of nowhere and is very thin on policy info.

I think his intellect, stated principles and presentation is very impressive. And of course it's way too early and I reserve the right to change my mind. Again, that's how I feel now and they haven't really hit the trail yet, done debates, etc.. It's ok to be thin on policy points at this time but as the campaign pushes on he'll have to express them.

And its slimy that I didn't mention Warren? Grow up! -heh

Great response.

Not a big fan of Warren this season. I was right up until she didn't endorse Bernie, even though her public profile more aligned with him that Clinton. Her DNA test was a huge mistake, and I don't think she's viable for the general. Would like to see her in a cabinet position in a Sanders administration.
Agree on the DNA thing (although it doesn't matter to me personally) and maybe she isn't "viable", although I'm skeptical about being able to predict that (it's impossible).

Also, for the record, if Bernie is definitely in my top 3 and I like and admire the guy. I'd happily vote for him over Trump. If he wins I think you guys could be in for disappointment if he can't pass medicare for all. I think the odds to win back the Senate are long and you'll need a big swing to get really progressive policy passed.

And that leads me to why you probably think I'm an establishment guy (which if you knew me in real life it would be silly). It's a legitimate question to ask - do we split the loaf or go for the whole thing and potentially get none? I share most of the policy outcomes that progressives want (affordable healthcare for everyone, strive towards equality of opportunity, protections for our environment, etc.). I know you guys want a revolution but if it comes down to moderate, incremental progress (which will only happen with Democratic control of government) or another 4 years of Trump I choose the former.

Man, if AOC was a man, she'd/he'd be a lock as a future presidential front runner. Pretty crazy that right-wingers insist that she's only popular with Democrats because she's a woman, when in fact it's that she's only unpopular with right-wingers because she's a woman, hence why they need to write dishonest stories about her every word in desperate attempts to pretend she's dumb.
Unless she completely fucks up I think she will be anyway. She has that major "it factor", is brilliant on twitter and has a genuineness about everything she does. And she fights, which is more important to a lot of people than her actual policy views.

And she fights, which is more important to a lot of people than her actual policy views.

Oh fuck, is that why her actual constituents went ape shit over her Amazon actions driving away all those high paying jobs?

<{nope}>

Oh fuck, is that why her actual constituents went ape shit over her Amazon actions driving away all those high paying jobs?

<{nope}>
All of NY publicly begging them to reconsider was a pretty low point. She seems like she should be an easily beatable candidate. Just run someone with similar physical traits thats not a moron and they should be shoe in.

<{nope}>
Yeah, after that she completely vanished, her ratings tanked and she'll probably lose her next election.

Oh just kidding she's more popular than ever.

All of NY publicly begging them to reconsider was a pretty low point. She seems like she should be an easily beatable candidate. Just run someone with similar physical traits thats not a moron and they should be shoe in.

Absolutely. She may be primaried by another Latina woman who is not a bitch.

Then AOC is one and done

Probably why she’s getting off social media. So she shuts up

Back