Social Pelosi tells Trump to postpone SOTU

Stopped reading after that. <LordRoose>

Polls are never accurate, whether they're in favor or not in favor. (See 2016 election for example)
If you actually think polls are never accurate, go ahead and add me to your ignore list.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

You forget that there is a budget battle nearly every year now.

Over roughly 1/3 of the annual budget . . . it's ridiculous.

So you're good with Trump just shutting down the government every time they need to pass a spending bill? You know the dems aren't funding a wall for the next two years.

I really wish we would do away with annual spending bills. If 2/3 of the annual budget is truly untouchable then we should be open for business. Let the politicians arm wrestle over that last third. Holding departments and agencies hostage and expecting us to spend every dime we get and not save any money every year is getting really old.

The most recent poll I've read has it as 53% of voters blaming Trump and 29% blaming democrats, and I think that swung favorably towards Democrats from a poll that was done in December. I dunno, but based on that it's tough to see why she'd be that worried unless she knows that it's started to swing back in the other direction.

That's what I'm saying. Unless Pelosi is worried Trump can use the state of the union to change that around

If you actually think polls are never accurate, go ahead and add me to your ignore list.

You haven't given me a reason to. Keep on being yourself, buddy. <LucyBless>

That's what I'm saying. Unless Pelosi is worried Trump can use the state of the union to change that around
Gotcha. I dunno, I feel like it's more likely that she's just taking a dig at him.

Polls......BAH!

Trump talks enough about opinion polls to care himself. He re shares favorable ones of himself all the time

Predictive polls are much more a crapshoot.

You haven't given me a reason to. Keep on being yourself.
I shouldn't have to. I mean, @luckyshot just referenced 538 correctly predicting each seat that the GOP lost in the midterms. That was obviously based on polling data. But sure, never accurate.

Trump talks enough about opinion polls to care himself. He re shares favorable ones of himself all the time

Predictive polls are much more a crapshoot.

Then if that's the case, then Trump can't be all that pleased with the Polls then. It's been nothing but Negative after Negative after Negative Polls for him.

I'm sure she realizes that by saying that she 100% guarantees that he will go ahead with the speech as planned.

Maybe she just enjoys watching him make a fool of himself on the national stage and is goading him on.

I shouldn't have to. I mean, @luckyshot just referenced 538 correctly predicting each seat that the GOP lost in the midterms. That was obviously based on polling data. But sure, never accurate.

So @luckyshot did his homework. @Cubo de Sangre is still better, btw.

Anyway, my point is what really counts is the actual Voting and the Results.

I don't pay any attention to "Polls" except the ones that happen during Election day.

(again, kudos to lucky for accurately predicting the results but it changes nothing in my eyes of Non-Election Polls)

Last edited:
I'm sure she realizes that by saying that she 100% guarantees that he will go ahead with the speech as planned.

Maybe she just enjoys watching him make a fool of himself on the national stage and is goading him on.

That could also be the case but why bring up a long-winded reason then?

She could've just said "For the sake of the 80,000 workers and the shutdown, please delay the SOTU for the time being" and that would've laid her point out, pure and simple.

Nah. She obviously doesn't want him to go on the air where EVERYONE(not just those watching FoxNews) can see and HEAR what he has to say with no opportunity for those networks to cut him off and prevent any message he's sending to reach the American people.

So you're good with Trump just shutting down the government every time they need to pass a spending bill?
If it's in the name of achieving what he promised to the American people, yes, absolutely.

This is only the first round of negotiations, it would be absurd to think we're going to get everything we want the first time around.

Give it time. Like I said, Rome wasn't built in a day.

You know the dems aren't funding a wall for the next two years.

Then the government stays shut down.
<Fedor23>

She's trolling him. Seemingly successfully, as you can see it's triggered another defensive reaction from his base. Just another headline reminding folks of the scope of the shutdown, the repercussions, and putting faces to the people who are still working under it because of Trump.

He'll most likely react. After she goaded him in the oval office into owning the shutdown it's been clear she's a handful of chess moves ahead of him in this game.

You do realize that 45+ billion dollars a year for a war in another country that doesnt do anything for mainland America is magically OK but 5 billion for part of a wall on our border is not....

Also. Math.

if its 5 Billion for 200 miles of wall.
45+ Billion a year for a war.
5/45 = 9

Do I really need to finish pointing out the flaw in your logic...are you really that derpy?

<CerseiPlotting><GinJuice><GrassoBless>

Lets find out with your reply.

Its only 5 billion start but I guess you missed that part. The wall will be north of 30 billion and probably 100 billion once corrupt gets involved.

In the same way that Trump supporters will turn cognitive somersaults trying to make excuses for this fatty

President Trump is easily the greatest President of the 21st Century.

He's the only President this Century that's made any attempts at peace.

When Humanity finally learns how to travel through the Stars, the humans alive then and for all time will mention what founded their Space Force was one Donald J. Trump. Donald Trump will be remembered for as long as human beings exist in the universe.

You are completely and absolutely on the wrong side of History.

Let that sink in for a moment......

She's trolling him. Seemingly successfully, as you can see it's triggered another defensive reaction from his base. Just another headline reminding folks of the scope of the shutdown, the repercussions, and putting faces to the people who are still working under it because of Trump.

He'll most likely react. After she goaded him in the oval office into owning the shutdown it's been clear she's a handful of chess moves ahead of him in this game.

My thought is that he'll have it at either the Trump Hotel in DC or his golf course in Florida and only invite Republicans. He needs his safe space after all.

Will it?
He won't mention the record high employment rates? Or the record low unemployment rates for blacks and veterans? Or our economy growing faster than anywhere on earth?
What about the US reducing more carbon emissions than any other nation, that anything to talk about?
Being oil independent, good to bring up or no?

What part is fucked exactly?

The union is more then just the economy. The union is the political institutions and climate in the country. It's our foreign policy, trade policy, alliances.... There's a huge amount of problems in all these areas and he is both a symptom and a cause of much of it.

Back