Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

Man! That shed has come a long way! :)

Would any carbon fiber parts be feasible for your setup?

Reactions: PEB

Tons of raw cabon on it in 3D printed parts but I am working on console parts out of carbon fiber sheets potentially. Need to have better weather outside because Epoxy is lethal to breath lol. But carbon fiber look sheets is available for cheap money. The console would have switches an a remote control for adjustment of the actuators.

On a side note I just bought a Creality K1 base printer for 600 bucks. It's capable of printing with filament that requires nearly 300 degree C. Such as the Nylon infused carbon fiber filament. It has coreXY setup with upto 600mm print speed an 21,000 mm max speed. My Bambu Lab Carbon AMS printers cost me 1,500 each now.

I was looking at diamond or carbon fiber .25 3 by 3 foot sheets and the prices for carbon it maybe better to buy it thin sheets and put underlayment under it. The costs go sky high over 350 per sheet. The diamond plate is not much better by I know what I am heading into with that having worked with it in the past.

What kind of monitor are you rockin?

This is on sale at Amazon today. Don't know if you're interested or not but I thought you might want to take a look.

71W7F1dV+qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: USB handbrake, 64-bit USB handbrake Suitable for Racing Games, and Logitech G27 G29 Simulation Performance handbrake 11.8 inches + with Clip (PC System only) : Video Games

Last edited:
What kind of monitor are you rockin?

This is on sale at Amazon today. Don't know if you're interested or not but I thought you might want to take a look.

71W7F1dV+qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com: USB handbrake, 64-bit USB handbrake Suitable for Racing Games, and Logitech G27 G29 Simulation Performance handbrake 11.8 inches + with Clip (PC System only) : Video Games

Nice it will soon be mine ordered it. Will post photos of it. Samsung curved 49 inch and HTC Vive XR Elite Augmented reality headset. I have 3 of the Samsung monitors but LG just came out with a 45 inch but it is taller then the Samsung giving you more real estate to work on. It looks huge on the desk even bigger then the Samsung.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ult...UhBjOQ8fuEnUYQ5L5DRoCwEIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

6530356cv38d.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000

Last edited:

Putting a carbon fiber floor into it to close out the middle I am designing supports to hold it in place and 1/2 square tube running on the underside to support it. See how that comes out ordered the sheet for almost 2oo bucks for a 24X 20 sheet.

Putting a carbon fiber floor into it to close out the middle I am designing supports to hold it in place and 1/2 square tube running on the underside to support it. See how that comes out ordered the sheet for almost 2oo bucks for a 24X 20 sheet.

OUCH!!!!

Carbon Fiber sheets I never worked with but my mailman who is avid car racing fan and his brother too commented that it looks empty in the middle somewhat so I will try the carbon fiber if that doesn't look right or a screw it up "I hope not never worked with carbon fiber sheets" or I am out of almost 200 bucks. lol I am going to have to get creative about the way I implement the base. I have a good idea where I am going though hopefully it works. ha ha.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314446829151?var=613029357666

This gives you an idea how the ButtKicker 1500 watt driver shakes the full chassis frame.

Here I am hanging out wth HTC China President Alvin and his brother William the guy in the middle is HTC worldwide operation manager. They where talking about how the event went at Harvard XR to his brother.

full

full

@Strychnine got the carbon fiber going to take a few days to figure out how to cut an shape it.

full

@Strychnine got the carbon fiber going to take a few days to figure out how to cut an shape it.

full

I went to YouTube to look up "how to shape carbon fiber sheets" but I got a buttload of results that made no sense to me. :(

But then again, I'm no fabricator.

I went to YouTube to look up "how to shape carbon fiber sheets" but I got a buttload of results that made no sense to me. :(

But then again, I'm no fabricator.
Looks like I will use both a diamond cut bench saw an a specialized blade for a jigsaw an tons of protection lol. Stuff going to spray everywhere. But any luck I will use as much as I can less waste. It's the first time I worried about waste. Lol expensive stuff an heavier then I expected.

Been busy redesigning the actuator internals to reduce materials an waste. Fingerprints on thr carbon fiber tub need to wipe off.

full

This is amazing race coming to the end so close.
Live

Work on the actuator continues as I resolve fitting issues. Pretty close to finished fitting it together. All carbon fiber nylon, steel an aluminum parts.

full

Back