Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

Finally had a chance to cut an fit the carbon fiber sheet for flooring. A real thick sheet of carbon fiber.

full

My next store neighbor stopped by an tried the fit of the simulator.

full

Just thought I would share a photo of my work shop that took me almost 5 months to build I designed it and built the thing with two of my friends. Including installing the heat pump and building the computers. Still have work left to do to the shed.

full

Continuing to make changes as I need more tool space and doing some changes. New toolbox and fixing things up. My 65 inch 4K 120 hz monitor tilted out while I do some game testing. I am also making space to start development of my XR_Sim_Center. Computing, power electronics, drivers, AC filtering, and digital status information.
full

This is a video from within my HTC Vive Elite XR headset camera. You can record your rides from within the headset.

I am shaking a lot due to the buttkicker shaking my platform I have yet to use the actuators. This is just from the 1500w enclosed voice coil shaking the frame lol.

I am installing most of the computing, driver electronics an wiring within the box. Waiting for somethings I ordered.

full

Latest update of my simulator design and will contain computing, Dolby Atmos amp, with Buttkicker 1,500 Watt amp, drivers, power control. Almost done waiting for somethings to come in as I been making changes to the original design.

full

This girl would kick my ass lol.

My neighbor driving my simulator with my 5k resolution VR headset. He is 81 years old without issues for over 10 mins. My buttkicker working really well. Currently still working on the actuators so no motion yet. Still working on finalizing the design of my cabinet. I don't need the headphones the speakers are blasting away.

full

Last edited:
This is a great look at the HP Reverb G2 display quality.

This is the cabinet that houses servo drive electronics, power conditioning, computing and sound currently.

full

I am just short about a million bucks lol.

I'm about 70 percent of the way finished connecting everything for power on the simulator cabinet. Driver on the top not wired future expansion.

full

I got power to the thing and running two of the five drivers as I continue making a CAD model of my Simulator Control Case or SCC.

full

full

Have the cabinet fully powered up finally with all the drivers running need to fix up the wire layout then attach the control unit.

full

My first motion with my simulator already had someone on it but they are not fans of the camera so I am showing without anyone on it. Still have a ways to go debugging and making adjustments but progress. The clicking sound is me pushing the buttons.

Here is the latest photo of my simulator cabinet with the glass door finally mounted and all the driver, controller wiring done in the front. Still have work to do in the back but the gaming motion is working now.

full

Back