Peña vs. Pennington: Who Takes the Title?

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score

IMG_4621.jpeg

Alright, Sherbums, time to settle this—who do you got in the upcoming title fight between Julianna Peña and Raquel Pennington?

On one side, you’ve got Peña, the former champ who shocked the world when she submitted Amanda Nunes and became the queen of the division. Then there’s Pennington, a true vet who’s been on a killer win streak and finally earned her shot at gold.

Peña’s got that relentless pressure and grappling, but Pennington’s been looking sharper than ever and has the striking to make it a tough night for anyone. So, what’s it gonna be?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only Pena fan in the world but I don't think this is a good stylistic matchup for her.

Pena's path to victory is theoretically on the ground but Raquel is a master of making fights as absolutely miserable as possible and keeping them standing in the clinch.

Pennington by boring decision should be -2000 odds imo.

pena will smash her and make her quit.

the only real question mark for me is how elevation will effect this fight. Pennington has decent enough cardio but no urgency, if pena can hold her typical 5 round pace she wins easy

I'm pretty sure I'm the only Pena fan in the world but I don't think this is a good stylistic matchup for her.

Pena's path to victory is theoretically on the ground but Raquel is a master of making fights as absolutely miserable as possible and keeping them standing in the clinch.

I like her too. her gritty tenacious fighting style is seldom seen in wmma

View attachment 1065664
Pena doesn't have resting bitch face, she has resting smouldering face.

PENA_JULIANNA_L_12-11.png

i

I like Pena even though I get why many don't. In fairness its part because I think she's really hot but I also like aggressive grapplers

I agree with you that this is a bad match up for her. I will be very upset if we have to endure "Rocky" as champ any longer, could you imagine she goes into the history books as a defending champion? Women's champions should be either good at the sport or good looking and Pennington is neither.

Pena doesn't have the power or technical striking to back Pennington. Wrestling wise I think Pena isn't some powerful takedown artist. I believe Pennington's takedown defense might hold. If that is the case then it is going to be a really sloppy grinding type of fight.

Pena takes it. I just can't commit to Pennington because you don't know which personality shows up on fight night.

Pennington is so foot slow but has good hand speed.

Peña has incredibly predictable offense but is tough and willing to make it ugly to gas out opponents.

I see Peña holding her in the clinch a lot and getting tagged up in the middle, all comes down to if she can get takedowns going or not.

Gun to my head I lean Peña but with no confidence (like playing Russian Roulette with 3 bullets in the chamber).

Who cares??

...rhetorical question

P.S. Shevchenko double champ 2025🙄

Last edited:
Kayla v Norma ai think is best fight to make in wmma bw. The 2 wo en fighti g tonight lose easy to either right now imo

They're both extremely mediocre in terms of technical skills, but Peña is way tougher than Pennington.

Back