Pays more = work harder/better?

Paying workers alot more to do same job will not get better work . How about paying g worker more that show they want to work and have shown they Excell at their jobs. So instead of 17 bucks for all at McDs . Have average pay like 10 bucks an hour but 25 an hour for those that are on time, consistency show up , and consistently show hard work.
people who work much harder will frequently tell you they dont get shit for working harder

In my opinion, everything is about management at fast food places. McDonalds is almost always a shit show here except it's ok when one of the managers is working. Taco Bell here is ridiculously good on service. If I'm ordering $30+ at the drive thru, I typically get it within 3 minutes and they never fuck up the order. Whoever runs that place really has everyone in line.

Well, I'm not a Boomer, but even when I was 20 Minimum wage (what Mickey D's paid) was $4.25, and rent in a crappy neighborhood was $350.

Using the CPI Inflation calculator, $17/Hr today is more than double what they paid in 1993, taking inflation into account.
Damn they totally used you

HUGS

So 40 hrs a week you made... $620 a month? And paid $350 in rent? That's over 50%, that's not gonna work anywhere.

For comparison $17/hr 40 hrs a week is what, $2400 pre tax? Probably $2000 post?
That's like an $1100 rent. Perfectly reasonable comparison, in fact that is EXACTLY the wage and rent I paid at one point. I'm sure you could find literally thousands of ppl making/paying in that price range in every single American city downtown.

Boomers acting like ppl get rich off $17/hr 😂😂😂😂

FOH it's McDonald's they probably get $100 in savings a month. I love gambling with boomers, it's like playing monopoly with a 3 year old. Zero money sense

the only way I could see higher wages leading to better workers if the pay was higher relative to the other businesses you were in competition with for workers.

That could lead to being more fussy and being able to more effectively get better workers than your competitors. In theory. Just paying higher wages in general though I don't think would have much effect.

Damn they totally used you

HUGS

So 40 hrs a week you made... $620 a month? And paid $350 in rent? That's over 50%, that's not gonna work anywhere.

For comparison $17/hr 40 hrs a week is what, $2400 pre tax? Probably $2000 post?
That's like an $1100 rent. Perfectly reasonable comparison, in fact that is EXACTLY the wage and rent I paid at one point. I'm sure you could find literally thousands of ppl making/paying in that price range in every single American city downtown.

Boomers acting like ppl get rich off $17/hr 😂😂😂😂

FOH it's McDonald's they probably get $100 in savings a month. I love gambling with boomers, it's like playing monopoly with a 3 year old. Zero money sense
We had to have at least 1 roommate, but 2 or 3 was better.

Also, had to find stuff that paid at least $7-$8 (like bill collector or cook). I ended up waiting tables.

I decided to go to taco Bell for the first time in ages a couple weeks ago and it cost my wife and I $30. It's not like we ordered a lot either. This why I rarely go out to eat anywhere anymore.

The prices are getting crazy. I only eat on weekends and I include Friday night in that. I decided to go through my full December statement and saw I spent nearly $600 on eating out.

I've stopped eating out now and the only time I do is if my wife wants to pay for it. I bought a bunch of frozen pizzas, sandwich stuff, and frozen burritos\taquitos for the weekends.

A lot of people itt salty about other people making more money than they feel deserved.

Who cares y’all. Let dickheads and lazy bums alike have enough money to live on and maybe even be comfortable in life.

We all living this existence why make it harder? Be happy for one another.

I'm a retired(for now) public school teacher and whenever we moved up the pay scale or got a raise it didn't make us better instructors or help the students progress.
Because those type of pay increases are usually automatic, so there is no incentive to work harder or improve your skills. I work for the government and get both yearly increases and step increases in my grade automatically no matter if I was a lazy bum or went above and beyond, although performance award/bonuses are a different story.

There's this McDonalds close to my house and they always fuck up my orders. 10 years ago the pay was 7 bucks an hour and there's always shit missing in my order. Now the pay is 17 bucks an hour and they're still fucking up my order. And the food is a lot more expensive. I ordered an egg mcmuffin, burrito and hash browns used to be like 5 bucks. Now its $13.

You would think people would work harder and care more about their job if they get paid more, but no. They're lazy fucks at 5 bucks an hour and they'll be lazy fucks at 50 bucks an hour.
People only work harder if they are somewhat emotionally invested in their job, like a great boss, meaningful work etc. A shit job still stays a shit job even if pay id better.

Also 17$ aren't more compared to the 7 Bucks back then by now.

lol at even eating that crap.

Because those type of pay increases are usually automatic, so there is no incentive to work harder or improve your skills. I work for the government and get both yearly increases and step increases in my grade automatically no matter if I was a lazy bum or went above and beyond, although performance award/bonuses are a different story.
Raises were not automatic by any means. Step increases were frequently frozen as well due to budget constraints.

I worked at the Nissan plant in Smyrna. I road around on a golf cart and worked on the huge presses that make the car parts and the robots who weld the parts together.
Now bums are flipping burgers and making as much as I was because they whine and cry they cant make it on what they are being paid.
Work 2 jobs then bums I did. Before I went to college I was grinding angle rings during the day and making fried chicken at night. Aint no damn fun working in flour when your hands have sores all over them from touching the grinding belt. I didnt complain tho it wouldnt have mattered back then anyway not as many bleeding heart liberals around as now.

A lot of people itt salty about other people making more money than they feel deserved.

Who cares y’all. Let dickheads and lazy bums alike have enough money to live on and maybe even be comfortable in life.

We all living this existence why make it harder? Be happy for one another.
Anyone that's ever bitched about this topic has been woefully out of touch with the economy. It isn't 1990. $17 an hour ain't shit and you're only going to attract people that are desperate, lazy, don't care, or have no other options.

then why do most ceos get divorced and often die of heart attacks, because of all the vacations?

CEO work isn't "hard," it's just time consuming. Don't confuse skilled work with hard work.

Answering emails, creating business strategy, and giving speeches isn't as "hard" as most blue-collar work.

Back