Pays more = work harder/better?

There's this McDonalds close to my house and they always fuck up my orders. 10 years ago the pay was 7 bucks an hour and there's always shit missing in my order. Now the pay is 17 bucks an hour and they're still fucking up my order. And the food is a lot more expensive. I ordered an egg mcmuffin, burrito and hash browns used to be like 5 bucks. Now its $13.

You would think people would work harder and care more about their job if they get paid more, but no. They're lazy fucks at 5 bucks an hour and they'll be lazy fucks at 50 bucks an hour.

Keynesian's use this in their macroeconomic unemployment models; it's called an "Efficiency Wage".

Sounds like your experience doesn't match their model!

Last edited:
I swear to God all boomers have retard lead poisoning brain or something

THEYRE MAKING THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY STUPID ITS INFLATION

$8/hr with a $300 rent and similar is More money than $17/hr with a $800 rent

Tbh, you sound like a DirecTV customer. Keep paying those bills baby!

Well, I'm not a Boomer, but even when I was 20 Minimum wage (what Mickey D's paid) was $4.25, and rent in a crappy neighborhood was $350.

Using the CPI Inflation calculator, $17/Hr today is more than double what they paid in 1993, taking inflation into account.

Last edited:
There's this McDonalds close to my house and they always fuck up my orders. 10 years ago the pay was 7 bucks an hour and there's always shit missing in my order. Now the pay is 17 bucks an hour and they're still fucking up my order. And the food is a lot more expensive. I ordered an egg mcmuffin, burrito and hash browns used to be like 5 bucks. Now its $13.

You would think people would work harder and care more about their job if they get paid more, but no. They're lazy fucks at 5 bucks an hour and they'll be lazy fucks at 50 bucks an hour.
This is a good book that examines the connection between pay and performance, as well as other motivating factors. May change your outlook.

bookcover_drive-1035x690.jpg

More money you earn, the more you think you deserve

I just got a job in IT and the pay is excellent, but jeez there are some dumb cunts there earning more than me, plus a lot are lazy and complain a lot.

Not sure how this relates to your situation ha ha

You're forgetting about inflation. I wouldn't say the poor today are all that much better off than they were twenty years ago. I believe you should work hard but I'm never surprised when people who are paid and treated poorly, simply don't care.

because in and out is too far away

fast food is expensive these days, bucket of chicken on a side was 40 bucks..... shit is lame
I went back to visit my mom in the US a couple years ago... 13 bucks for a Crunch Wrap Supreme meal at Taco Bell, shit was nuts

Usually it's because the workforce is transitory. It pays so little and offers so little advancement that people don't stay for long. This means the mistakes of people who are still learning persist. Those that stick in the job are usually not at the order taking, prep level. They move to management pretty soon.

Higher pay = higher stress.

At least in my experience. I refuse to go into management, because the pay bump isn't worth all the stress.

Shit, I'm a senior level employee leading a team and I'm stressed out as fuck because I have a couple slackers on my team and work isn't getting done so I've got to pick up the slack.

No matter how many times I talk to these people, they just suck. If they complete their work on time, it's shitty. If I give them more time to finish, they work slower.

I've got two major applications going into production this month and they can barely even use Excel productively enough to write test scripts.

Really ready to just start delivering leg kicks at stand-up in the mornings.

Fucking useless bastards.

You think that's bad TS? Fuck. A guy at my work made 180k last year. Read that again. 180k. He's barely qualified to clean the bathrooms. He's a useless fuck that cannot do a single thing properly, but he's buddies with one of the higher ups (rumor is he's actually paying the higher up some of his pay every week).

Fuck your McDonald's meal/employee problem.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

I'm a retired(for now) public school teacher and whenever we moved up the pay scale or got a raise it didn't make us better instructors or help the students progress.

Paying workers alot more to do same job will not get better work . How about paying g worker more that show they want to work and have shown they Excell at their jobs. So instead of 17 bucks for all at McDs . Have average pay like 10 bucks an hour but 25 an hour for those that are on time, consistency show up , and consistently show hard work.

Back