Pay comparison between of yesterday’s UFC main event winner and boxing’s B side winner.

All it really has to do with is fighting under the UFC umbrella and supporting a bigger undercard and infrastructure.

If somehow the UFC contracts weren't super restrictive and say Conor and Khabib could headline their own event outside of the UFC, they would make an absolutely staggering amount of money, because the demand to watch their fight far exceeds what any current boxing match could hope to command.
I don't disagree, but that would leave UFC to lose a shit load of money, a thing they are not about to allow it happen.

Fighters need to unite, and demand a bigger piece of the pie.

Same question as above, what does this have to do with wage share? What start up costs are the UFC paying out that boxing doesn't in the 21st century?
you misunderstood my post.
I do think that, in time and demand from the fighters and from the fans, fighter's pay will adjust.
UFC got them like this because t is like that since they started.

But with competition and fighters wizening up, it will adjust.

Doesn't matter how good your manger is if there is only one huge game in town, like it is with the UFC. They are the biggest buyer by a ridiculous margin and they have the bulk of elite fighters locked in to contracts. And you can't become an elite fighter unless you face elite fighters for the most part.

But I do agree on a lot of managers being more talent brokers in mma, a model the UFC has encouraged and benefits from.

It was T-Mobile, that's pretty much the biggest arena the UFC goes to these days. At least until Allegiant (the new Vegas one, don't recall its name) opens.

I'd guess 15-20 based on what gates in Vegas do for huge events. Good money either way.

Bulk of AJ's money will likely be domestic buys in the UK, at least historically that's been the case.

And people will claim it's because mma is younger lol.
That's a very solid point, plenty of big fish/investors to auction around with in boxing. They really run the monopoly on it. I really would love to this change, I think it's only a matter of time, but that time could still well be a while a way, hope the Pauls shake the game up some more.

Yeah thats just ticket $$, nevermind for 60-70k people spend on merch/food/alch at the event. ROI will be soaring high.

Little column a, little column b.

Would be harder to calculate since, ya know...boxing promoters actually have to co-promote.

It's more this.

than this. Pay in boxing and mma is heavily biased toward the top. For example, if Conor fights twice a year, that's about 20-30 percent of the UFC's fighter pay for the entire year.
Then why do you continually say the ufc controls the revenue and not the fighter?

What would happen to the revenue volk generated if the fight was a bellator ppv?

what about Joshua if it was GBP instead?

yeah, you won’t address it.

I think the pay gap will narrow further over time. MMA pay is still not where it should be but it has increased a fair bit since the sport blew up, 500k today would have been 200k or less 15 years ago, and Conor money was unthinkable back then. In 10 years I think low seven figures will be the standard rate for championship level UFC guys.

Crazy to think about Usyk who is a relative unknown to casuals made over 4 million to beat on AJ while Volk went through a war and won’t even come close to numbers like that.

What's crazy is not many Americans even knew this fight was happening because it wasn't promoted at all. But great on Usyk, he was relatively unknown before this and will get the Andy Ruiz type payday he deserves in the rematch. If he wins again, sky's the limit.

The UFC grossly underpays fighters.

18% of the total revenue coming in goes to fighters, and that should bother all fans.

You want to know why we are seeing two sloppy one skill jabronis fight each other in last nights heavyweight bout? Its because suitably young talented athletes with options will NEVER choose 12k to get their head punched in. Its a terrible risk -vs- reward.

Until fighter pay changes the upper weight divisions will be paper thin and mixed in with old farts.

That's a very solid point, plenty of big fish/investors to auction around with in boxing. They really run the monopoly on it. I really would love to this change, I think it's only a matter of time, but that time could still well be a while a way, hope the Pauls shake the game up some more.

Yeah thats just ticket $$, nevermind for 60-70k people spend on merch/food/alch at the event. ROI will be soaring high.
Because in boxing, joshua will take his revenue with him to any promoter. It’s his. Not theirs. The same isn’t true with volk. His revenue doesn’t follow him wherever he goes. That’s the uncomfortable truth.

Crazy to think about Usyk who is a relative unknown to casuals made over 4 million to beat on AJ while Volk went through a war and won’t even come close to numbers like that.

You think that usyk is an unknown compared to Volk? Cmon

Because in boxing, joshua will take his revenue with him to any promoter. It’s his. Not theirs. The same isn’t true with volk. His revenue doesn’t follow him wherever he goes. That’s the uncomfortable truth.
Perfectly put imo

Yea - very hot take! Listen up ^^^^^^

The Anderson one was a special one off contract for that fight. But also, there is no way that Diaz had a contract only making 16k to fight before the Anderson fight.
The Silva fight was his first fight after signing a 3 fight contract.

These boxing fights are cross promotional

The big question is whether or not the future of MMA will be huge cross promotional super fights or not

In 30 years (or whatever timeline you want) there will surely be too many great fighters for the UFC to dominate all of them - in which case, the demand might be to see two evenly matched superstars ranked #1 and #2 worldwide in their respective divisions.

If that happens, surely the pay will go up exponentially as everyone involved will be risking so much more

Does anybody know the payouts for both events, top to bottom?
Operating costs
Money from sponsors
Insurance and licensing fees etc

While boxing is a different animal, the current president of the WBC has an estimated net worth of 5 million, Dana White's at 500 million

Back