Pavlovich > Ngganou

Except we have actually seen Ngannou's improvements. Not hypothetical gym improvements.

Some 2022 account with yellows isn't going to pull the casual card on me lol.

Sad you place so much value on internet points, but nonetheless you are right. Sergei would not have a chance trying to wrestle Ngannou. He tried to wrestle Overeem and failed miserably, he does not have offensive wrestling skills and even if was full time at AKA the last 4 years he still wouldn't develop offensive wrestling skills to counter Ngannou's wrestling defense. To be a great offensive wrestler you have to have been doing it your whole life, but elite athletes can develop decent wrestling defense fairly quickly these days.

Sergei has brought a little bit of life into a pretty dead HW division but whether it is against Ngannou or Gane, he will have to tighten up his striking to compete against more technically sound opponents.

That is super old.

Remember when Ngannou shat his pants vs Derrick Lewis?
or lost a 50-43 fight vs Miocic... or panic-wrestled vs Gane

Pavlovich kills Ngannou any day of the week. But Francis is retired.

lol, I wouldn't say he kills him. That's reaching. Could pose some problems striking thats for sure.

Ngannou is probably getting close to declining while Pavlovich has entered his prime, so I dont know how it would go today. But prime for prime i'd favour Ngannou.

Ngannou is probably getting close to declining while Pavlovich has entered his prime, so I dont know how it would go today. But prime for prime i'd favour Ngannou.
Ngannou via superior technique:
ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

Imagine being so dense that you assume Pavlovich is the same guy today that he was in his UFC debut 4 years ago. Sherdog posters think fighters don't improve. Smh.

It's like saying Ngannou is the same guy today as he was the first time he lost to Stipe and Lewis.

Low iq sherdog intellect at its finest

You are a Fedor superfan and I am a Fedor fan but I am curious

How much credit do you give to the current competition level that Ngannou and Sergei are dealing with? They have not fought and beat cans except early in their career and do not get to pad record. I say that as a Fedor fan, it was not Fedors fault as much as it was just how PRIDE operated. Pride and fighters then got paid less and wanted to be active but not risk their belt on the line hence all the non title fights they had in between their title defenses.

Fedor won the HW belt in March 2003 but did not defend it till August 2004 but in between then he fought Valavicious a LHW/MW, Fujita, Goodridge, Nagata a can, Mark coleman and than randleman before facing Big Nog and Ogawa on the same night which is very difficult.

However before Ngannou was champ or even as champ he faced only killers although at less frequent intervals

Pav is real deal but I can't remember Frank ever getting wobbled and everyone who has tried to fight with Frank in a phone booth was sent to the shadow realm. If Pav fought him and tried to bum rush him like that then he deserves the smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back