Pavlovich > Ngganou

Pavlovich wasnt scared to trade in the pocket with Lewis and finished him. While Francis was scared of Derricks power and stared at him for 15 minutes.

Are you seriously comparing Gane methodically picking Lewis apart to Pavlovich brawling with Lewis 10 seconds into their fight and happening to land first?

If Sergei has such heavy hands why do none of his opponents go out? His wins against Abdurakhimov and Lewis were contested stoppages. Tai stopped fighting back but was conscious.

Theres nothing to suggest his knockout power is anywhere in the same stratosphere as Ngannou.

Yea it's not like Pavlovich could possibly improve training at AKA and ATT for 4 years. We have to see it. Otherwise he's still the same guy from 4 years ago. Couch dweller gif poster behavior at its finest.

Yes. I don't care what gym he trained at. Lot of dudes train at ATT and AKA. They aren't beating Ngannou.

He needs to show grappling improvements in the cage against top competition before I would even consider it.

Let's be honest and pump the brakes a little, dude looks a little brawly, not the best technique - loopy Fedor punches with no where near the speed, hands low, poor defense.
Also, Ubereem already took it to him 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Yes. I don't care what gym he trained at. Lot of dudes train at ATT and AKA. They aren't beating Ngannou.

He needs to show grappling improvements in the cage against top competition before I would even consider it.

Ok couch expert

he said in cage that dc used to hold him down aswell. give him blaydes lets see if hes over that stage

If he touches Blaydes once he’ll be reaching for the same soul Scaub was reaching for

h4PNh.gif

Pavlovich has replaced Poatan as Sherdog's new mancrush and flavour of the month. Yippee.

He beat the two worst big name fighters in the division, one of them being a horrible stoppage. The last skilled fighter he fought murked him.

Pavlovich fans better hope he gets Gane next and not Blaydes or Aspinall.

Never forget about ngannou beat Rozenstruik

He threw combos like dustin poirier

Pavlovich is a powerful individual no doubt but his knockout power is not in the same stratosphere as Ngannou.

45 year old Shamil Abdurakhimov, not exactly known for his chin, took plenty of clean shots from Pavlovich when they fought 6 months ago.

Tai is the first opponent of his who just fell over as soon as they took a clean shot.

Thing is too, Sergei is always throwing himself into danger with his punches, seems very confident if he lands that's it and also confident in his ability to take a shot... But if he has a guy like Ngannou landing something inbetween all of Sergei's punches that's probably it

Pavlovich wasnt scared to trade in the pocket with Lewis and finished him. While Francis was scared of Derricks power and stared at him for 15 minutes.
Ngannou fought like that because of the Stipe fight, not because of Lewis' power. Ngannou has even said it himself.

Pavlovich has a very good chance to beat Ngannou in a short and brutal fight like this, they fight the same way but Sergei has better technique. Gane would put up a better fight, but remember that Tai took him to the limit in the 2nd round and almost KOed him, now Pavlovich just dusted Tai without breaking a sweat.

Nobody has actually beaten Tai that way, he’s lost to guys holding him down or picking him apart late in a fight, but nobody has beaten Tai in a phone booth like that until now. 300lb Greg Hardy got koed after rocking him, Lewis gets KOed trading with him, Sergei melts him with minimal effort. He’s a problem, if he spoke English he would be getting the next title shot off this performance.

Pavlovich has pulled out of several fights with Gane.

It seems like he doesn't want to fight Gane not the other way around.

Looks like he pulled out of one fight with Gane, but he was out for two and a half years.

I don't think he's scared of Gane.

Except we have actually seen Ngannou's improvements. Not hypothetical gym improvements.

Some 2022 account with yellows isn't going to pull the casual card on me lol.

Five first round finishes in a row including some ranked opponents isn't improvement?

Best wins against two brawlers that aren’t particularly talented but still decent for being HWs. Loss to Overeem. I’d say he’s promising, but he needs to fight a good HW and win before I’m sold. If he can beat Blaydes, Volkov or Gane I’d be impressed, but I don’t think he will beat any of them.

Pavlovich has a very good chance to beat Ngannou in a short and brutal fight like this, they fight the same way but Sergei has better technique. Gane would put up a better fight, but remember that Tai took him to the limit in the 2nd round and almost KOed him, now Pavlovich just dusted Tai without breaking a sweat.

Nobody has actually beaten Tai that way, he’s lost to guys holding him down or picking him apart late in a fight, but nobody has beaten Tai in a phone booth like that until now. 300lb Greg Hardy got koed after rocking him, Lewis gets KOed trading with him, Sergei melts him with minimal effort. He’s a problem, if he spoke English he would be getting the next title shot off this performance.

No cap on Trump.

Whelp, Pav vs Tuivasa has done precisely what Dana wanted. Warranted or not.

Well played Pink goof, well played.

Go box him a river Francis.

With the power they both possess, and one being a brawler and the other picking his shots, I'd love to see Ngannou fight Pavlovich. I don't think either has a clear edge, that would be a great fight.

Back