Pavel Tsatsouline

sambo fighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
What do you guys think about him? Ironmind sells some of his books and I think Im going to check one out. Do his methods work?

yes his methods are quite proven...i have read power to the people and naked warrior and relax into stretch and super joints and beyond bodybuilding...if i could suggest one...it would definately be power to the people

from what I've heard he's got good info but a lot of bullshit in his books (comrade this, soviet secret that, buy my ab device, get some KB's for functional strength, blah blah blah) but his methods are sound enough. it's been said that 5 of his books could be condensed into one and sold for the price he sells them each at.

I bought his book Power to the people 3 years ago and can say with assurance that his book was a thoroughly wasted $30 dollars.

Despite having some accurate information based on Olympic lifting, Isometrics and Dinosaur training principles, overall the book is filled with bullshit claims.

Examples of some false claims made by him are his sphincter squeezing techniques for increased max squats and his magical Spetznaz routines that have can supposedly add several inches to your arms in 6 weeks.

Needless to say, there are far better books that one can spendtheir hard earned money on such as the revised edition of Serious Strength Training by Tudor Bompa and Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning by Thomas Baechle

i bought Naked Warrior, and i can tell you that 30 bucks is way too much for what i got. if you want, just request and ill post up some of the methods he has in his book so you dont have to waste your money. its really not worth it

His stretching books are very good, but the basic ideas in the stickies here are better for strength training.

Yeah, his flexibility books are really good.

The "Comrade this, comrade that" stuff is funny. I love it.

And to his credit, he doesn't like curls. Eh? Eh?

oh yeah, if you're going to buy something on bodyweight training stick with the "underground guide to warrior fitness." by ross enemait.

right again urban...i really like all of Ross' books, and sambo fighter, if the books mean that much to you, get limewire and download them all

I would not even compare Pavel to Fury. Furey is a whole another animal. Pavel's stuff is great, but I agree that its pricey stuff.

48LawsOfPower said:
Pavel is good in a Matt Furey sort of way.

There's nothing good about Matt Furey! Check out the dragondoor website and you'll get most of the info from his books for free!!

And whats the deal with kettlebells? Is that an effective program? What are the pros and cons? Or is it just a con...

sambo fighter said:
And whats the deal with kettlebells? Is that an effective program? What are the pros and cons? Or is it just a con...

They're a good tool but they're too fucking expensive. I had two KB's and I also have 2 clubbells that I'm getting rid of. Save your money and lift weights!

Frodo's got a couple pics of his homemade KB, much cheaper!

sambo fighter said:
If you get a copy of his kettlebell challenge book (maybe... uh... you could aquire one for free somehow with the use of an internet connection? I dunno how these things work, I'm just a simple caveman) read through some of the 80 pages before he gets to any exercises and see if you think his claims are too good to be true.

though, I do intend to start using my KB more often for GPP (what can I say, I'm a sucker)

What is the benifit of training with kettlebells? Muscular endurance? Surely it isnt limit strenth?

stablility, so they say. same reason why some one might do pushups over benchpress.

it creates a stonger body in relation to tension.

I'm not sure what you're saying exactly yomon.

Back