Paulo Costa says ex-trainer attempted to blackmail him with IV video

You dont know how these things work internally.

You are 100% assuming they had to find something ASAP to fulfill some kind of deal

I know exactly how these things work internally.

Jones didnt get a 30 month reduction on the basis of "If i hear anything down the line I will tell you about it"

Jones had to put up information up front to get the reduction.

It was Jones that gave USADA the video, theres no doubt about this. USADA got the video at EXACTLY the same time that Jones agreed his reduction. Its massively obvious. (And then couple with this the fact Costa has now turned snitch for his own reduction). The only question had been how had JOn and Malki got hold of this video if it was filmed by someone in Costa's camp. Now we know. The guy was hawking the video for cash. (Which also explains how Yoel was able to post the original video on social media as opposed to a cap of the youtube video or a copy of the dizz one)

So what do you think? the guy just gave the video to USADA for nothing....?

And USADA decided not to charge him as well....

no..

“I had this trainer in the UFC for one fight before, and he did that in the second one,” Costa said. “I believe he thought, ‘He’s in the UFC, making a lot of money, I’ll extort him.’ I had worked with him four or five years before (joining) the UFC, but there was no extortion because I wasn’t making money [laughs].”

Also this is an interesting line.

So his trainer could've extorted Costa 4 to 5 years ago but didn't since Costa had no money....But the fact Costa admits, he could've extorted him back then, leads me to believe he has been Unnatty his whole career...4-5 years ago, he must of been doing some good shit.

IVs are great for rehydration.

Ivs are prohibited because they CAN be used to mask the use of prohibited substances.

You should get your facts right as well.

lol. whatever. you were wrong. own it.

ps. Costa wasnt using the iv for rehydration, he was using it to flush his stomach/bowels..

Jones didnt get a 30 month reduction on the basis of "If i hear anything down the line I will tell you about it"

Jones had to put up information up front to get the reduction.

It was Jones that gave USADA the video, theres no doubt about this. USADA got the video at EXACTLY the same time that Jones agreed his reduction. Its massively obvious. (And then couple with this the fact Costa has now turned snitch for his own reduction). The only question had been how had JOn and Malki got hold of this video if it was filmed by someone in Costa's camp. Now we know. The guy was hawking the video for cash.

So what do you think? the guy just gave the video to USADA for nothing....?

And USADA decided not to charge him as well....

no..
Charge him?

USADA can charge people that aren't under contract with them? That's hilarious

ps. Costa wasnt using the iv for rehydration, he was using it to flush his stomach/bowels..

I made the original comment, not vengeful. You were wrong too, own it

USADA can charge people that aren't under contract with them? That's hilarious

yup, they can charge whoever the fuck they like

they charge doctors, trainers, coaches all the time. Loads of them have been charged.

hell, in the Costa case his trainer got charged as well and hes not under contract with UFC/USADA

IVs are great for rehydration.

Ivs are prohibited because they CAN be used to mask the use of prohibited substances.

You should get your facts right as well.
Actually that isn't true, I just googled Why IVs are banned and this came up

ARE IVs BETTER THAN ORAL REHYDRATION FOR PERFORMANCE?

Convincing research to support IV fluid administration prior to competition for performance enhancement, rehydration, dehydration prevention, or muscle cramp prevention does not exist.

Current studies do not support the use of IV fluids for rehydration when an athlete can tolerate oral fluids.

American College of Sports Medicine consensus guidelines state, "IV fluids do not provide an advantage over drinking oral fluids and electrolytes."

IV infusions before sample collection could actually prolong the doping control sample process because it has a greater potential to produce multiple dilute samples.

HOW CAN I REHYDRATE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE?

If rapid recovery from dehydration is desired, one should ingest 1.5 L (50 fluid oz.) of fluid for each kilogram (2.2lbs) of body weight lost.

Normal rehydration can be achieved in the vast majority of individuals by drinking and eating normal beverages, such as sports drinks and water, and meals.

Glycerol-induced hyper-hydration or rehydration is not permitted because glycerol is a prohibited substance.

Various sports and athletic organizations such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Athletics Trainers' Association (NATA) and others have informative resources to educate on best practices for fluid replacement in athletes.

According to USADA, "better Re hydration" from IVs are a myth.

IV's are used to Mask PEDs and can also be used to administer PEDs but since it's IV, it can cleared up from the body way faster.

To protect clean sport and athlete health and safety. It is a fact that IVs can be used to change blood test results (such as hematocrit where EPO or blood doping is being used), mask urine test results (by dilution) or by administering prohibited substances in a way that will more quickly be cleared from the body in order to beat an anti-doping test.

I wasn't wrong...i never said why Costa used the IVs, I said IVs are great for rehydration. I also said they're prohibted because they CAN be used to flush PEDS, you said they ARE used for that purpose. Totally different things.

I made the original comment, not vengeful. You were wrong too, own it

meh, idiots with no avatars all look the same to me.

IV's have EVERYTHING to do with ped's, contrary to your claim

and Costa wasnt using the iv to rehydrate anyway.

And how did some random dude from costas camp connected with jon jones?

How would jones know this guy had this video?

I wasn't wrong...i never said why Costa used the IVs, I said IVs are great for rehydration. I also said they're prohibted because they CAN be used to flush PEDS, you said they ARE used for that purpose. Totally different things.

no evidence at all that iv's are any better for rehydration in athletes suffering dehydration than other methods.

And how did some random dude from costas camp connected with jon jones?

How would jones know this guy had this video?
mma is a very small world, word gets around.

How did yoel get the original video?

Do you believe this guy gave the video to USADA for free?

Or is it more likely he sold it to Malki/Jon?

Blood bagging female blood is a way to drastically reduce the amount of free testosterone in a blood sample for those only juicing with test.

meh, idiots with no avatars all look the same to me.

IV's have EVERYTHING to do with ped's, contrary to your claim

and Costa wasnt using the iv to rehydrate anyway.
Needs to see an avatar to distinguish posters despite posters names showing up with every post.....yet calls others idiots

-Sherdork logic

Blood bagging female blood is a way to drastically reduce the amount of free testosterone in a blood sample for those only juicing with test.
but will mess up your blood passport.

To think we could have gotten casting couch Costa if the manager played his cards right, damn.

What's the brazilian equivalent of that series? Casting hammock?

Needs to see an avatar to distinguish posters despite posters names showing up with every post.....yet calls others idiots

-Sherdork logic

you white avatar dudes all look the same..

mma is a very small world, word gets around.

How did yoel get the original video?

Do you believe this guy gave the video to USADA for free?

Or is it more likely he sold it to Malki/Jon?
Im not saying your point is completely without merit.

But its 100% unsubstanciated and conjecture.

"mma is a very small world, word gets around." - straight up assuming things

Every post you made in this thread included you assuming things you have no proof of.
They are very good theories, but thats it.

So ill give you that i'll edit the OP because you proved to me that im not right in assuming this clears him up because there is reasonable doubt.

Back