Paulo Costa says ex-trainer attempted to blackmail him with IV video

In a sport where dehydration runs rampant due to extreme weight cutting, their far more common use is actually for rehydration.

CAN they be used to mask PEDs? Only certain ones, and not always effectively.

ARE they used to mask PEDs? Not very often. To sit here and say IVs have nothing to do with rehydration is pretty ridiculous.
We were talking about specifically in relation to usada and why they are prohibited
Read back

So his trainer is PRO Rules/ANTI PEDs.....and the trainer is the bad guy? <mma3>

Unnatty guy is mad cuz his "secret" is out...Is normal<mma4>
well, he's mad because the guy tried to extort him. surely that doesn't make him the "good guy".....

We were talking about specifically in relation to usada and why they are prohibited
Read back

Everyone knows that. You saying "IVs have nothing to do with rehydration" is like a cop saying "pseudoephedrine has nothing to do with colds," because some people use it in making meth.

The point is their far more common and effective use is for rehydration just like cold medications are used more commonly and effectively at treating colds than they are for making meth.

Last edited:
Everyone knows that. You saying "IVs have nothing to do with rehydration" is like a cop saying "pseudoephedrine has nothing to do with colds," because some people use it in making meth.

The point is their far more common and effective use is for rehydration just like cold medications are used more commonly and effectively at treating colds than they are for making meth.

but again, thats not what we were talking about, we werre talking about specifically in relation to why they are prohibited by usada. they are not prohibited because they are used for rehydration.

i know they are used for rehydration, but that has nothing to do with usada, or why they were mentioned, or why i was responding to the reason for their being prohibited.

i was talking about SPECIFICALLY the reason for them being prohibited by USADA. Read back.

That clearly wasn't an IV it was a dropper dripping cold water on his bawls, we all seen what happens when your bawls is hot.
1/10 joke.

Could have been a 8/10 for quality premise, but hawt balls gives you on the spot KO power, so if anything, Paulo would be wanting to heat his balls up.

Joke fail.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/...a-ex-trainer-attempted-blackmail-iv-video-ufc

Paulo Costa was fined by two athletic commissions and issued a retroactive six-month suspension by USADA for a prohibited IV use prior to two UFC wins, and also had to deal with other issues outside the Octagon.

Costa admitted to receiving an IV of permitted substances, including saline solution and stomach medication called Plasil, prior to his wins over Oluwale Bamgbose and Johny Hendricks. A videoof “Borrachinha” administering the IV in a hotel room had surfaced online months before, and Costa now says that an ex-trainer was the “snitch” responsible for the footage.

“He was already identified and removed from the team,” Costa told Ag. Fight. “This person tried to send it to several people. It’s a tragicomic situation. He hurt himself a lot because he was cut from the team. He was part of the team and betrayed not only my confidence, but every fighter’s (confidence), I believe. I don’t know if a trainer can have the confidence of a fighter or a gym owner now because if he does that to one fighter, he’ll do to another. This guy has to be banned from the sport.”

Costa did not reveal the name of the trainer.

“He tried to use that short moment to hurt me and extort me with that video,” he added. “He said, ‘If you don’t give me this amount of money…’ That completely broke the confidence and I obviously didn’t even try to negotiate because I knew what I was doing.”

The undefeated middleweight, who is slated to return to the eight-sided cage against Yoel Romero at UFC 241 on Aug. 17, says he made the mistake of trusting the trainer at the time, having him in his hotel room prior to the fights.

“I had this trainer in the UFC for one fight before, and he did that in the second one,” Costa said. “I believe he thought, ‘He’s in the UFC, making a lot of money, I’ll extort him.’ I had worked with him four or five years before (joining) the UFC, but there was no extortion because I wasn’t making money [laughs].”

1/10 joke.

Could have been a 8/10 for quality premise, but hawt balls gives you on the spot KO power, so if anything, Paulo would be wanting to heat his balls up.

Joke fail.
<Bottle.gif>

Back