Media Paulo Costa Rejects A New Contract

I think that Paulo Costa will agree terms with UFC, it'll just take a bit longer.

-- bottom line is either UFC WANT to keep you on their roster or they DON'T want to keep you.
They'll make it happen if they like Costa enough and I believe that they do.

That’s a lot of speculation.

Maybe he didn’t like the terms and figured beating a top guy or putting on an impressive performance would boost his next contract.

He’s got one fight left on this one so not resigning is him betting on himself IMO.
If he beats Whittaker the world is his.

He's right, I'm with him.

He needs to sign a 3-fights contract. He's young, he has a lot of potential (even in terms of media) and he's not at his peak.

Paulo is thinking of PFL 1 million tournament.

Oh ok I thought @Question told me he was on his original contract...maybe Im wrong.
I know he signed on a long contract though.
He said in a recent interview with Submission Radio that his current contract dates all the way back from 2017 which is the same year he had his UFC debut.
I'm guessing he had a two to three fight contract with the UFC and resigned with them after or right before the Hendricks fight.

Do you honestly believe for one second Paul would fight a guy his own size/weight with power? Honestly?

What could have ever given you that idea? The Askren, and Woodley fights (career WW)? Ancient MW Silva? Costa literally has no titles, no nothing. How does that make sense for Paul?

And who is this imaginary org that’s going to beat down Costa’s door to pay him more money than the UFC? His biggest accolades are beating post USADA MW Hendricks, and Romero. Two guys that the UFC kicked to the curb long ago.

Lost 2 of his last 3. With a massive weight miss. And 3 years inactive ancient Rockhold caused him some problems. I don’t care if people hate the UFC, or not. Or if some guys prefer other guys to women. But at least make this make sense from a business point of view for these other orgs. Or for him for that matter. Nobody will care about him in the least if he’s not in the UFC.

Do you have any legit answers?
Calm down dude, I'm just saying what I think would be fun, I dont give a shit if it makes sense. You need to take a break from these forums, it's not good for you, always writing negative shit. Trust me, I didn't come here for a few weeks and I feel way better, otherwise I would have just kept roasting you instead of giving you advice

He's very entertaining in the cage and on social media, dude deserves a serious raise

Almost ALL his fights are bangers

He said in a recent interview with Submission Radio that his current contract dates all the way back from 2017 which is the same year he had his UFC debut.
I'm guessing he had a two to three fight contract with the UFC and resigned with them after or right before the Hendricks fight.

Ok, that was it.
I was off a bit...I deserve to be flogged lol.

Hopefully he goes to PFL and actually gets paid for a change.

If he really only made 65k/65k against Rockhold he should just be trying to fight out his contract and go somewhere else. Perhaps get a new manager as well.

Last edited:
He was on a 45k to show purse to headline a card fighting Marvin Vettori. That is outrageous.

Costa is getting robbed in broad daylight. The guy is clearly a top 10 middleweight in the world and puts on thrilling fights.

He's gone 6-2 in the UFC with his sole stoppage loss being to the defending world champion. He had a close decision loss to the #2 guy in the world and former title challenger in Vettori.

I really don't care if you find him annoying but supporting the UFC grossly underpaying world ranked fighters is ridiculous, the guy is entertaining to boot. They are making record profits and paying many of these guys peanuts.

He deserves a decent offer, I don't blame him for not signing. They are lining their pockets by paying only 18% of revenue to fighters. Promoters should not be keeping 82% of the money, its bad for the fighter and for the customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back