Paulo Costa highlights - ERASED!

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Man, I can't wait for Adesanya vs Costa. Very intriguing fight. It is weird that some sherdog users think Adesanya will easily win this fight. Watch this video. Costa is a beast, hard worker, very athletic, great chin, and hits like a truck. Yes, he might not be as technical, but you can't ignore his skills. He can close the distance, uses punches and kicks (mixes well), go for the body, clinches.

Of course Adesanya can win, but I doubt will be as easy as some people here think. If Costa puts his hands on Adesanya, I think is game over. Look at the Gastelum fight, He was able to touch Adesanya and gave him hell. IMHO, Adesanya needs to try to keep the distance, scoring points, and waiting for Costa to gas.

Anyway, it will be a great fight, and I believe Costa will shock the world.

giphy.gif

Man, I can't wait for Adesanya vs Costa. Very intriguing fight. It is weird that some sherdog users think Adesanya will easily win this fight. Watch this video. Costa is a beast, hard worker, very athletic, great chin, and hits like a truck. Yes, he might not be as technical, but you can't ignore his skills. He can close the distance, uses punches and kicks (mixes well), go for the body, clinches.

Of course Adesanya can win, but I doubt will be as easy as some people here think. If Costa puts his hands on Adesanya, I think is game over. Look at the Gastelum fight, He was able to touch Adesanya and gave him hell. IMHO, Adesanya needs to try to keep the distance, scoring points, and waiting for Costa to gas.

Anyway, it will be a great fight, and I believe Costa will shock the world.

giphy.gif

I Don't think he just easily wins, I think on a technical stand point, he wins in all aspects but as far as physical attributes, that goes to Costa with strength and durability being the things he is better at than Israel. I actually think it could go either way but I don't want Costa to be the one to take the O ya know? lol see what I did there?

I kind of see Costa doing what Whitaker did, and that’s not a smart way to fight Izzy. He has a better chin than Whitaker but I see him getting tagged a lot.

Said it in other threads - he needs to drill tons of calf kicks so he has something to work with at distance. Costa's a very powerful kicker and he could limit Israel's mobility with a few hard leg kicks.

With his short reach, it's not a good idea to close distance blind, he'll get countered every time.

Thiago Santos did the same thing to Jones and he had great success with it. Costa's gotta work the legs and body hard and the head will eventually open up.

definitely a toss up, but gastelum is much sneakier with his distance closing than costa is. slicker boxing imo. costa has some tools that kg doesn't though. tough fight to pick.

Was funny asf when he changed his nickname.

Before the Yoel fight I wasn't sold on Costa.

But after seeing him go toe to toe with Yoel, fucking brawling with the soldier of God like it's just another day in the office.... Adesanya is fucked.

Israel couldn't handle 2 exchanges with Yoel, started running a marathon immediately, while this motherfucker ate his shots and continued brawling like a savage. He pressured Yoel, he motherfucking pressured Yoel Romero.

In all fairness, the Yoel fight could've been a win for Yoel just as easily, but that's not the point. The point is, Adesanya is doomed.

This is not Robert Whitaker, this is an acai infused savage of a fighter that cuts the octagon like a pro and delivers devastating offensive striking with 0 regard for anything.

He reminds me of WAND. Brawler juiced to the gills.

See him walking right into Izzy wheelhouse and throwing bombs down the middle.

Costa fought a great fight against Yoel. Zero fear or respect. I look for Costa to KO Israel in the fourth. Showed great durability against Yoel as well and I suspect Costa may lose the first round and pick up steam each successive round.

Before the Yoel fight I wasn't sold on Costa.

But after seeing him go toe to toe with Yoel, fucking brawling with the soldier of God like it's just another day in the office.... Adesanya is fucked.

Israel couldn't handle 2 exchanges with Yoel, started running a marathon immediately, while this motherfucker ate his shots and continued brawling like a savage. He pressured Yoel, he motherfucking pressured Yoel Romero.

In all fairness, the Yoel fight could've been a win for Yoel just as easily, but that's not the point. The point is, Adesanya is doomed.

This is not Robert Whitaker, this is an acai infused savage of a fighter that cuts the octagon like a pro and delivers devastating offensive striking with 0 regard for anything.
This!!

Back