Paulo Costa has a better chin and more weapons than Kelvin Gas, and he’s taller

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So why are people pretending that Izzy won’t be hit clean by the Natty Goat?

Costa stood in the pocket with Romero and Was never in danger, meanwhile kelvin received CTE via 10 knockdowns vs Izzy

KG is also weaker and one dimensional compared to Costa. Costa doesn’t just have hands, he throws heavy body kicks and knees that will punish Israel’s mid section.

The Natty GOAT will knockout Izzy in round 1, believe it.

There will be bloodshed. There will be broken bones. The cries of a nation will be heard in either direction for many moons to come.

Brazil vs Africa for all the marbles my friend.

Costa doesn't have Kelvin's gas tank. He can be finished before the third round.

I don't know what's going to happen but it should be a great natural fight between two guys that show up ready to bang.

Agreed- almost rhetorical ( " almost" cause I respect gastelum game)

Should be a great competitive fight I think. Hopefully Costa cardio holds up, if it lasts that long.

Just imagine if Costa used steroids. He would be unstoppable.

Costa may very well crush Israel but Kelvin's hand speed and combinations are on a different level that Paulo's.

Costa doesn't have Kelvin's gas tank. He can be finished before the third round.
Yeah but I don’t think anyone picking Costa to win is expecting him to do it in rounds 3-5

He really only has a 10 minute window to finish him, I just believe but he will get it done. But he is very likely screwed if round 3 starts.

All true but it will be a must watch fight that could play out in different ways.

Yeah but I don’t think anyone picking Costa to win is expecting him to do it in rounds 3-5

He really only has a 10 minute window to finish him, I just believe but he will get it done. But he is very likely screwed if round 3 starts.
Costa's gas tank has looked good over three rounds so far. I agree though, his biggest chances are early.

I have been rewatching Costa and Israel fights and think this has the potential to be one of the greatest fights ever.

You guys are batshit insane if you think it's not going to be better than Whittaker lunging like Todd Duffee with his eyes closed.

No way he has a better chin than Gastelum, but he is a lot bigger.

Yes, I understand the point and my comment was referring to what Kelvin has a weapon that is actually better than Costa's.
But, now that you mention that, Israel isn't precisely the type of guy that doesn't pull the trigger. He can also catch Costa inside those 10 minutes.
So, is pretty save to say that it can go either way on those two rounds. We already saw how Israel can finish strong in championship rounds.

So why are people pretending that Izzy won’t be hit clean by the Natty Goat?

Costa stood in the pocket with Romero and Was never in danger, meanwhile kelvin received CTE via 10 knockdowns vs Izzy

KG is also weaker and one dimensional compared to Costa. Costa doesn’t just have hands, he throws heavy body kicks and knees that will punish Israel’s mid section.

The Natty GOAT will knockout Izzy in round 1, believe it.

I think Kelvin has better pure boxing and takedown threat.
I am not sure about chin though ... Kelvin ate BOMBS ... hard to imagine nearly anyone lasting that long taking that much punishment.

But I wouldn't be suprised if Costa can win. He is like Superman ... he can just go in tank your hits and KO you.

Costa is slower, probably has less cardio, and I don't know if he has a better chin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back