Paulo Costa has a better chin and more weapons than Kelvin Gas, and he’s taller

Instead of naturally having lots of test he can naturally increase his red blood cells
Imagine Costa on EPO and an expertly tailored PED regement that didn't have to pass tests.

Fuck USADA, we need the TRT days back.

Costa stood in the pocket with Romero and Was never in danger, meanwhile kelvin received CTE via 10 knockdowns vs Izzy

That's the problem Izzy won't just stand in the pocket he'll move, skip, and dance around and kickbox right through it, standing means you get hit moving you get to do the hitting...

People underestimate Gastelum because he doesn't look the part. Gastelum has GREAT cage rhythm and timing. You don't beat Izzy with volume or power because he'll pot shot you to death before you land anything significant. Costa isn't the guy to beat Izzy, he's gonna try to drown him but he'll drown first. You beat Izzy by breaking his rhythm, which is what Gastelum did and can do again.

Nobody has a better chin than Kelvin right now. All Natty has a great chin though.

People underestimate Gastelum because he doesn't look the part. Gastelum has GREAT cage rhythm and timing. You don't beat Izzy with volume or power because he'll pot shot you to death before you land anything significant. Costa isn't the guy to beat Izzy, he's gonna try to drown him but he'll drown first. You beat Izzy by breaking his rhythm, which is what Gastelum did and can do again.

Gastelum does seem to be underrated in how good he is at throwing fast punchs in volume from mid/long range which is really what brought him success against Israel and what Whittaker was trying to copy.

Costa's a rather different fighter, I don't think he had quite the speed/fluidity to his punchs that Gastelum does, his strength is more hunting opponents down and unloading on them with high pressure. If he can get Israel trapped against the cage he could well threaten him but its uncertain how easy that might be.

eraser.png

Romero isn't some polished striker. He's a Cuban missile.

Gastelum does seem to be underrated in how good he is at throwing fast punchs in volume from mid/long range which is really what brought him success against Israel and what Whittaker was trying to copy.

Costa's a rather different fighter, I don't think he had quite the speed/fluidity to his punchs that Gastelum does, his strength is more hunting opponents down and unloading on them with high pressure. If he can get Israel trapped against the cage he could well threaten him but its uncertain how easy that might be.

Agreed, my observation is that while Costa is walking Izzy down he'll be taking lots of damage trying to deal with Izzy's mobility and eventually he'll be underwater before Izzy IMO.

If Costa hits Izzy with the same bombs he hit Romero with, Izzy will be KO'd within 2 rounds.

But he won't, Izzy won't be there to hit. We have to give him credit for how good his defense and mobility is. The only time it looked bad was against Gastelum who is underrated and had great timing.

If Costa hits Izzy with the same bombs he hit Romero with, Izzy will be KO'd within 2 rounds.
What about Izzi hitting Costa with the same bombs that he landed on Kelvin and that KO'd Whittaker ???

Costa ´s best tool against adesanya is his in the pocket-volume punching, fighting at range vs a world class striker such adesanya is suicide but if costa cuts well the cage he may have a chance.

Costa may very well crush Israel but Kelvin's hand speed and combinations are on a different level that Paulo's.
Very true. And while Kelvin might offer a less multidimensional attack since he’s mostly about the 1-2, but casuals don’t understand that being good at landing the 1-2 is 10% punch throwing technique and 90% about how you set it up.

What about Izzi hitting Costa with the same bombs that he landed on Kelvin and that KO'd Whittaker ???
Against Kelvin, he landed these mostly in the later rounds after Kelvin slowed down significantly. I'm not sure if Izzy can survive multiple rounds against Costa with his boxing defense being so bad. He leans back and leaves his body wide open. Costa throws huge shots to the body.

Whittaker was lunging out at him constantly and left himself wide open to counters. Costa doesnt lunge. He presses forward and keeps his chin tucked. He won't be susceptible to the same counters Whittaker was hit with.

Right now Costa is +145. I'm waiting for dumb money to pour in on Izzy. Hoping I can bet Costa around +200.

I think Kelvin has better pure boxing and takedown threat.
I am not sure about chin though ... Kelvin ate BOMBS ... hard to imagine nearly anyone lasting that long taking that much punishment.

But I wouldn't be suprised if Costa can win. He is like Superman ... he can just go in tank your hits and KO you.
Kelvin is more technical in his boxing approach, uses more footwork and his one-two is very legit, but this style vs adesanya is suicide, costa´s in the pocket volumen punching could be a threat vs adesanya .

But he won't, Izzy won't be there to hit. We have to give him credit for how good his defense and mobility is. The only time it looked bad was against Gastelum who is underrated and had great timing.
Costa is a different beast though. Constantly pressing forward and cutting off angles. Even Brunson was able to get Izzy on the fence multiple times. Kelvin was able to get him there too, but he kept letting him escape. I dont think he'll escape these situations against Costa without taking major damage. The way Izzy leans back to avoid punches is suicide against someone like Costa. His body is going to get blown up so bad in this fight.

Very true. And while Kelvin might offer a less multidimensional attack since he’s mostly about the 1-2, but casuals don’t understand that being good at landing the 1-2 is 10% punch throwing technique and 90% about how you set it up.

Gastelum is good at shot selection too though. He almost dropped izzy with a lightning fast right hook because he anticipated that Izzy would weave to his left once Gastelum threw the 2. Gastelum is a cagey mofo.

Back