Paulie broke both hands (PICS)

We knew Paulie has glass hands.
No wonder he has a sub-20% (T)KO rate.

FeelsBadMan.png

Paulie isn't coming across as a douche since the fight ended. I really wonder if he'd have acted the same if he got his hand raised.

I remember catching shit from some boxing fan asshole because I posted a tweet Paulie put up years ago about the problems with his hands. I figured if he had problems when he wore giant pillows on his hands that bare knuckle would be an issue for him. I didn't imagine him actually losing to Artem Lobov of all people, but I did say things in jest to that effect. That said, I figured Paulie would hurt at least one hand early and use his other boxing skills to squeak out a decision.

I met Paulie in 2014. Back then he told me how his brittle hands cost him some fights. If you actually paid attention to his career, you would’ve seen how he was rarely outclassed. However, his inability to hurt his opponents was always his downfall. He didn’t have problem landing punches on anyone—his opponents just walked right through them.

If I were to grade Paulie as a boxer in comparison to Floyd, I’d say if Floyd has A+ skills and B power, then Paulie has B+ skills and F power.
I agree, Paulie is a very clever fighter... the only thing that ever stopped him from becoming a great fighter was his brittle hands. He legit would’ve been a top boxer otherwise.

Then you don't know how to score boxing rules. Swinging at air and being aggressive doesn't win you fights.
I've even competed at amateur levels but what do I know. You dont even warrant further explanation couch potato.

I've even competed at amateur levels but what do I know. You dont even warrant further explanation couch potato.
Compettitng at an amateur level doesn't change that fact you are wrong in saying Paulie didn't win the boxing match that happened between him and Artem. How boxing is scored that would have been a Paulie W all day

The GOAT beat his ass. If I wasn't a broke Sherdogger, I would have bet my whole check on Artem.

Ass whooped? He actually landed better and cleaner punches and the vast majority of Artem threw didn't land clean. I think you get impressed too easily by a guy walking forward swinging for the fences like an hobo. I lost count how many times Paulie checked him with jabs coming in and dodged Artem's sloppy punches.

did you count how many times Paulie got wobbled and stumbled backwards from strikes? i think it was three.

Did you see Paulie being visibly hurt to the body? Because he was.

Artem hurt Paulie. He beat him up and made him quit. Paulie didn't throw a punch in the final round.

You must know more about fighting than Faraz Zihabi huh?

“Respect to (Artem Lobov) who always shows up to fight and give his best no mater what day or place or at what weight and respect to him for the fight on Saturday. Obviously I feel like I won the fight but that is in no way meant as a disrespect to him. I hope he can take the momentum he gained from this result and make plenty of money for himself and his family in his career . Here are some pics of my hands after Saturday nights fight.” Paulie Malignaggi said.

I4vnQYO.png

“Life is sometimes about being adventurous and trying new things. Many thought I was crazy for trying my hand at bare knuckle combat and while unfortunately I may not have been born with very durable hands, it is still an experience I get to look back on and say I lived it. People have always had very little expectations of me in my life but I can proudly say I’ve always fought my way to a better life. In life we all have obstacles and I’ve always been driven most when faced with adversity. In the end, despite my brittle hands (4 surgeries on my right hand) I have been able to accomplish more as mainly a 1 handed fighter than most fighters accomplish with 2 hands."

SOURCE:

I hate that i appreciated what he said here

He sounded likeable

Im uncomfortable

Back