Rumored Patrick Texeira vs Terrence Crawford

Moving up in weight just to rack up more titles with no intentions of defending the tile or remain at that weight class

I partially disagree there. I think Crawford is trying to stake his claim to a slice of the 154 division before Danny Garcia, Errol, and/or Porter move up. I know Danny has spoken publicly about his intentions, and I'm sure at least one of the others have to.

This way he doesn't have to go through any of them to get a belt and can keep playing keepaway, acting like everyone is avoiding him.

Moving up in weight just to rack up more titles with no intentions of defending the tile or remain at that weight class
What bothers me is that knowledgeable boxing fans act like taking a belt from a weak or paper champ babysitting it is more of a career definer than beating somebody better at their current weight.

WW is a shitfest for him, promoter-wise. At 154 what's the deal? Would it be easier for him to fight Charlo?

I partially disagree there. I think Crawford is trying to stake his claim to a slice of the 154 division before Danny Garcia, Errol, and/or Porter move up. I know Danny has spoken publicly about his intentions, and I'm sure at least one of the others have to.

This way he doesn't have to go through any of them to get a belt and can keep playing keepaway, acting like everyone is avoiding him.
Probably, its just odd and random that Texeira is being considered not only that but he is a GBP fighter, then I remember its the WBO who are stroking Arum and Crawford with the option, I personally think they wont go for it.

What does one have to do with the other? Seriously, I'm not seeing the connection.

I’ll give tou a hand. Dissing Canelo for moving up to fight Kovalev while praising Bud for getting a new belt against a nobody would be one heck of a double standard.

I’ll give tou a hand. Dissing Canelo for moving up to fight Kovalev while praising Bud for getting a new belt against a nobody would be one heck of a double standard.

Neither i nor anyone i know is of that mind. While Kovalev was a cherry pick, at least he had a long track record on the world stage. Crawford is potentially about to fight a Brazilian titlist with who got ktfo by Curtis Stevens, the only B level fighter on his resume. Huge difference.

What happened to this?
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 21.08.32.png

Last edited:
Its following the pattern though. Crawford has taken the path of least resistance for his entire career. The guy is a joke.

A guy who was lineal twice is never a joke, but Arum is endeavoring to make him one.

There is something to the whole "i wanna fight everyone but my daddy won't let me" shit, i will give you that

But in most instances I'd like to believe it actually is money and politics, mostly tv rights it seems nowadays

If he wanted to fight “everybody” he’d gone for the first top WW Poppa Bob was willing to get him in Porter. This dude doesn’t want a fucking challenge and he’s gotten rusty while fighting all these boyardee cans.

This Texeira guy takes a good shot and keeps on coming I hope he’s too big for Bud and makes him look like shit! Shits getting ridiculous with so many names in WW.

At least Canelo has how many names to fight at 160? 2-3? Charlo, Andrade and Dev the rest are at 168 but Bud has the whole fucking WW squad waiting for their turn while he’s in Poppa Bob’s office getting special treatment.

It’s like promoting yourself as the best player at Mortal Kombat but all you do is play in the towers on easy mode, pathetic.

Only time I've seen Texeira was him getting destroyed by Curtis Stevens.

He fought the other day for a title against a Dominican dude Carlos Adames. I thought Carlos Adames wasn’t ready yet but could be the real deal. Good power, good speed looked very athletic and he was working with Rob Garcia but he came up short even got tired early and stunned and dropped smh. Many blamed the fact Robert Garcia had someone else work him in camp (Maybe Robert was busy) because he was progressing a lot with Rob in his previous fights. Either way he should have taken Texeira out of there but he did take a lot of punishment and still kept going. Hope if backfires on Bud and Texeira does well against him.

A guy who was lineal twice is never a joke, but Arum is endeavoring to make him one.
I say again, his resume is a joke,especially for a guy some consider the best P4P. Right place, right time for the titles.

I say again, his resume is a joke,especially for a guy some consider the best P4P. Right place, right time for the titles.

He never even cleaned out the LHW division and never fought Prime Superman

Back