Rumored Patrick Texeira vs Terrence Crawford

In before people downplaying Canelo's win over Kovalev call it a bold move.

It's certainly not any worse than the fights he has been taking at WW. It might be hoping against hope to expect him to fighter on the other side of the road at WW, but it's not like a brief move to 54 to poach a title against clearly the weakest titlist is going to change much on that front one way or the other.

I was going to say downplaying his win vs Fiddling

It would be nice if people cleared out their weight class before they worked on their strategic "legacy" moves.

It would be nice if people cleared out their weight class before they worked on their strategic "legacy" moves.
Agreed. But we should also blame managers and promoters.

I believe guys at the top would all be willing to fight eachother or else you aren't strong enough mentally to even get to where they are.....it's the money and bullshit that fucks it all up

Agreed. But we should also blame managers and promoters.

I believe guys at the top would all be willing to fight eachother or else you aren't strong enough mentally to even get to where they are.....it's the money and bullshit that fucks it all up
Yeah, but I look at it like this... The managers and promoters work for the boxer, and at the end of the day they have the final say. Especially if you are one of the FEW big names in a sport dependent on them. He likes how Arum does things because hes probably of a similar mindset. That's why he sticks with them.
If Fury didn't sack up and demand it you better believe Arum would of tried to stall the rematches as long as possible. It's so annoying to see Crawford call out Spence only to fight guys to further pad his record.

Yeah, but I look at it like this... The managers and promoters work for the boxer, and at the end of the day they have the final say. Especially if you are one of the FEW big names in a sport dependent on them. He likes how Arum does things because hes probably of a similar mindset. That's why he sticks with them.
If Fury didn't sack up and demand it you better believe Arum would of tried to stall the rematches as long as possible. It's so annoying to see Crawford call out Spence only to fight guys to further pad his record.
There is something to the whole "i wanna fight everyone but my daddy won't let me" shit, i will give you that

But in most instances I'd like to believe it actually is money and politics, mostly tv rights it seems nowadays

There is something to the whole "i wanna fight everyone but my daddy won't let me" shit, i will give you that

But in most instances I'd like to believe it actually is money and politics, mostly tv rights it seems nowadays
I'm sure it's not just one reason. Or actual fear of another fighter. I think it's more fear of losing the 0, losing the belt, and losing the lifestyle of being the champ and #1 guy. Especially if they are relying on all over the chart judges decisions. It becomes their identity.

Wow, another P4P quality matchup from Crawford.

It's certainly not any worse than the fights he has been taking at WW. It might be hoping against hope to expect him to fighter on the other side of the road at WW, but it's not like a brief move to 54 to poach a title against clearly the weakest titlist is going to change much on that front one way or the other.
Its following the pattern though. Crawford has taken the path of least resistance for his entire career. The guy is a joke.

I can already hear the ESPN commentary saying Texeira is a killer

Moving up in weight just to rack up more titles with no intentions of defending the tile or remain at that weight class
Canelo has fought quite a few top dogs though. Crawford really has yet to fight one.

I can already hear the ESPN commentary saying Texeira is a killer
Crawford is risking his P4P status against this HUGE junior middle weight! He could be a cruiserweight by the time he enters the ring!
<Ellaria01>

Only time I've seen Texeira was him getting destroyed by Curtis Stevens.

Crawford ducking Argentina.

What does one have to do with the other? Seriously, I'm not seeing the connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back