Patrick Cote says Georges St-Pierre is ‘the only one’ Dana White could not pressure

When Chael says, "GSP was the strongest guy I ever felt." I always thought he was trying to tell us something...the same way he was drinking a Coke at the weigh ins vs Jon Jones. Hmmm.

It was never about money for the Silva fight TS. He literally went on record and said if he fought for the MW belt he would have to take time off to bulk up. I guess you can take that to mean he was admitting Silva was to big for him if you want. But then he did exactly that when he took 4 years off then came back much larger

GSP always did exactly what he said he would. For some reason that just doesn't sit right with his haters.

Oh come on, he didn't defend his title he gave it up. I would be really impressed if he defended it against Jacare or Yoel Romero, but he gave it up without a fight because he was not delusional and new he would be steamrolled by those killers. But it's still impressive I guess that he beat Bisping, but it was still a calculated decision to face Bisping and avoid the real killers in the division.

TS tried so Hard to knock on GSP here LMAO.
Yep. Funny thing is, with nothing to REALLY knock him on (steroid busts, substance abuse, domestic violence, low-grade behavior like other fighters), and in the midst of quotes pointing out facts about what he has brought to the sport, the attempted hate looks really foolish.

You cannot really hate on GSP without making shit up that there is no proof of- we KNOW other guys have dirty tests, and in many cases a lot of examples of troublesome behavior; there is absolutely no proof of that with GSP. GSP was always a role model for the sport, and making shit up will not change that. He was dominant even when repeatedly faced the best at his weight class for many years. He doesn't owe anyone anything, and I think his strategy was a smart one to come back, make some more money, and then get out. There was no reason for him to take fights that he didn't think were in his best interest after that; he is an older fighter and I'm sure wants to minimize health risks..

TS salty GSP is the GOAT? I don't blame you

I guess this quote pretty much confirms Georges simply didn’t want to face any middleweight contenders and exaggerated his colitis. Also props to gsp for not giving into Dana and the fans pressure to fight Silva during their primes. At least he stood for what believed in, that he was worth more money.
that's cote talking. im not sure what it really confirms without hearing from the man himself. or someone else close to his thinking.

Anderson would've KOed the Canadian stiff. GSP knew this, hence he only went up in weight when he found an easy fight

Just facts

GSP never went up to fight Anderson. Anderson never went up to fight Jones. Jones never went up to fight Cain. Its almost like the fighters know that weight matters, even if fans don't.

I'm still waiting for Sherdogger's who think weight doesn't matter to go into MMA themselves and prove it, rather than theorizing from the comfort of their easy chairs.

Anderson would've KOed the Canadian stiff. GSP knew this, hence he only went up in weight when he found an easy fight

Just facts
giphy.gif

When you state your opinion, then claimed it as a fact.

giphy.gif

GSP and Fedor always laughed at the fat bald bully

Can't hate on the guy.
and yet some people seem to want to do it anyway.

just goes to show there's no one people won't find an excuse to hate on. a lot of miserable little people running around out there.

How shit must the TS life be? His hatred of GSP literally consumes him. He cannot not mention GSP for a single day.

Get some help TS.

GSP: 3d delts, gyno, injection marks on his stomach(where you inject EPO/hgh), most athletic guy in a division full of PED users

GSP fans: all natty

<{hfved}>{<jordan}

How can people be that naive lol

you forgot to menton his hgh gut !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...fc-mma-news-pnp-pull-no-punches-podcast-video

“The UFC came to Canada because of GSP,” said Cote. “There is no black cloud over his head. There is nothing wrong with that guy. He was pure class inside and outside the cage. He did so much for that sport. The sport is safer and cleaner because of Georges St-Pierre. He was the only one who really, really stayed with his own ideas and didn’t get pressured by Dana White. He left for four years, came back, won the [middleweight] title, ‘f—k that, I don’t want the title anymore,’ retired again.That is insane. He is the only one who was able to do that.”

I guess this quote pretty much confirms Georges simply didn’t want to face any middleweight contenders and exaggerated his colitis. Also props to gsp for not giving into Dana and the fans pressure to fight Silva during their primes. At least he stood for what believed in, that he was worth more money.

it was fine if gsp did not want to fight anderson. the problem, was all the excuses he made for not being able to fight anderson. he came up with everything under the sun, and teased the fans about the potential fight for years. he dragged it out, and it of course never came to fruition. that's on gsp. not on anyone else.

it was fine if gsp did not want to fight anderson. the problem, was all the excuses he made for not being able to fight anderson. he came up with everything under the sun, and teased the fans about the potential fight for years. he dragged it out, and it of course never came to fruition. that's on gsp. not on anyone else.

Well, Anderson could have gone down to 170 as well, he'd fought there before. Anderson was willing to fight at catch weight, though it wouldn't have been a title fight and no one really wanted that, as it would have hurt PPV sales.

That aside, the main blame lies with the UFC for not making it financially worthwhile for either GSP to go up in weight or Anderson to go down in weight. Whoever was willing to change weight should have been given extra PPV percentages for their sacrifice, but there was never any indication that the UFC was willing to do so. Basically Dana wanted one guy to fight at the other guy's weight for no extra financial consideration, and that's simply not something either GSP or Anderson would take seriously.

A good example is the Pac-Mayweather fight, which took years to occur because they couldn't agree on the PPV split. Fans accused both of ducking and being afraid for years -- and yet when the money was right suddenly neither was even slightly afraid.

The first Anderson-GSP fight would have been a huge PPV draw, and neither GSP, Anderson, or the UFC would want anything less than the best possible PPV split for it. And like in any business venture (and this would be worth tens of millions), the side doing the biggest compromise (weight division) would expect an extra incentive for doing so. And yet there's zero indication that the UFC was offering increased PPV to either Anderson or GSP to change weight.

My guess is that GSP, Anderson and the UFC were in constant negotiations over the split (in which a few percentage points means millions of dollars), which is why none of them ever said they were completely against it -- each was hoping some financial arrangement could be made which would satisfy all three. But that never happened.

In fighting, as in all sports and in fact almost every business, when in doubt follow the money. Big draw fighters and promoters talk to the public about love of the fight game, but their actions always seem to be best explained by normal business practices. Which isn't surprising, since guys worth many millions will have financial advisers telling what is and what isn't a good deal to sign.

GSP challenged himself at 185, he won the title off Bisping. How he doesn't get the recognition he deserves is beyond me.
Dude stood at the WW mountain top for years and defended for like 9 times? Can't hate on the guy.

It’s because he didn’t take on a Prime Anderson at 185. He never pushed for that fight or called him out he avoided it when pressed.

In all fairness Anderson didn’t want to get mauled by Jones either.

It was a smart choice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...fc-mma-news-pnp-pull-no-punches-podcast-video

“The UFC came to Canada because of GSP,” said Cote. “There is no black cloud over his head. There is nothing wrong with that guy. He was pure class inside and outside the cage. He did so much for that sport. The sport is safer and cleaner because of Georges St-Pierre. He was the only one who really, really stayed with his own ideas and didn’t get pressured by Dana White. He left for four years, came back, won the [middleweight] title, ‘f—k that, I don’t want the title anymore,’ retired again.That is insane. He is the only one who was able to do that.”

Wow, a GSP Hate thread in disguise. At least you put some effort into it haha

giphy.gif

36D22E2400000578-0-image-m-58_1470245006795.jpg

Back