Spaghetti Carbonara

zik5d3.jpg

Baked Ziti

Baked%20Ziti.jpg

Fettuccine Alfredo

RX-FNM_030111-Lighten-Up-012_s4x3_lg.jpg

Making me hungry so much reading this.

I love making clam sauces.

Once football season ends I'll be making lots of sunday gravy. Making a homemade sauce for hours is very relaxing to me, helps me decompress, and I go through plenty of wine doing it.

For pasta fettuccine is my favorite. I've never made homemade pasta or "macaroni" but want to learn someday.

And yes, the genre of movies/tv always makes me want Italian food. The scene where Clemenza teaches Michael how to make a sauce. Just about every Sopranos episode someone was eating something that looked good.

That's it I'm going to cook a ton of pasta tonight
This thread made my mouth water

Two thumbs up for pasta.

I like the creamy pastas, mostly in smaller portions though.

I like barilla for store bought pasta. It has good texture. It chews nicely and has pleasant springiness.
I once made pasta at home by hand. It was a lot of work since I mixed it by hand and then rolled it out by hand, but it was good.

For me:

1) Cacio e pepe
2) Carbonara
3) Amatriciana/Norma

Also, I have a revelation for you guys: pasta Alfredo and pasta with meatballs do not exist in Italy.

My wife is Italian. She makes sauce all day in the crock pot with meatballs, sausages, and red wine. Stuffed shells and manicotti are two that she does really well. Marry an Italian woman.

What time is dinner? I'm coming over.

Tonight I tossed fettuccine in garlic infused olive oil with crushed red pepper, chopped peppered salami, sun dried tomato and diced fresh tomato.

Honestly when you make it yourself it's so much better. There's something quite therapeutic about bringing the flour into the eggs and it all coming together nicely then putting it through a pasta machine.

Useless if you want nice nails though.

Some of my favorite pasta dishes:

Pesto Gnocchi

LaScalaPesto.jpg

My chestnut gnocchi is bloody lovely if I say so myself, I have to buy the chestnut flour off Amazon though, can't buy it in supermarkets here:
33tl574.jpg

Yeh I like Durum wheat. It is the healthiest of all the wheats out there. Not sure why it is not used in more cuisines besides Italian. The chinese like the eat noodles too, but they use common wheat, eggs, or rice.

Anyhoo, the best pasta dishes I have ever tastes was at this restaurant in Ridgewood Nabe of Queens NY

http://anticafresh.com/menu1.html

Favorite dish is busciate Cu Li Sardi.

Its so good lol. I love spaghetti and lasagne I make myself. I have never made fresh pasta though.

For spaghetti the water you boil the pasta in should be super salty, like sea water, but dont add oil to the water. If you add oil the pasta doesnt stick togehter but then the sauce wont stick on the pasta like you want.

Love spaghetti with any meat sauce and I love macaroni cheese.

Although you say it's simple, any more revelations on that balsamic vinegar coated spaghetti? Just a quick recipe would be nice, thanks.

Back