Panera Bread

FUCK panera bread - and i mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I always thought they were pretty mediocre and too expensive for what it is... I'm sure you can find something local that's better and probably cheaper

We have quite a few here in Ct. My wife and I like their soup and sandwich combos.

Hmm. Every one of them I know of has closed down, but I am only talking two cities that are 3 hours apart.

aloha-salads-1-a.jpg

Dis place is mo bettah.

Never seen an aloha salads.

Panera has decent soups, decent bagels, and OK sandies, not amazing mind you.

But its ok for some soup and a bagel in the morning.

I guess I see your point but what would you rather do, spend $5 on a huge sandwich from Subway that tastes like garbage or spend $8 on a decent size sandwich that tastes good (at least in my experience)?

Cliffs. You get what you pay for.
A lot of locally owned joints cost the same and offer way more value imo. Im a stickler for value over chain convenience

I didn't care for it either when I tried it

but Blitz if you are ever near one, try McAlister's Deli, dam good club and sweet tea

I don't care for it. But my wife likes it.

One time they had this passion fruit bagel that was incredible. Never had it since.

Been there twice. Good food but I'm cheap and don't go usually.

not a fan. I'll stop by and get a bagel or something on occassion

I remember it used to be much better about a decade ago

not a fan. I'll stop by and get a bagel or something on occassion

I remember it used to be much better about a decade ago

I came here to write this. 10 years ago I was fresh outta high school and in my first apartment. A Panera just opened up a mile from me and everything was great. I moved a year later. About 3 years ago I went back to try it again and it was horrible. Once they started getting big their product really went south.

I've never eaten there. I can't justify spending $8 for a sandwich and I'm not a student who is going to sit in there for 3 hrs drinking free coffee and using the wifi. My wife eats it occasionally but she always has mixed reviews so I've never bothered. I have bought some of the loafs that they use for their bread bowls from there to make my own bread bowls at home when I make some chilli. They weren't too unreasonable imo. I think they were $2 or less per loaf.

It's not horrible, but it's not great. Their breakfast is usually alright, but their prices are a bit high considering that the quality of their food is really only half a step above something like Quiznos. I could go to Chipotle or Smashburger or Jimmy John's and get a meal of roughly the same quality for about 50% less.

I had the Big Kid Grilled Cheese, I did not think it was that bad.....what was fucked up was the system of ordering, and claiming your food. First off if you can't see very well good luck reading the board 30' away behind the register, it's like a eye test at motor vehicle. Then you place your order, pay, and give your name.....O Yea they also give you your soda cup. Next step you find yourself milling around with 20 other people listening for your name to be called, all while deciding if you should break off and get your soda before or after your food. Now you look up and some asshole who thought he heard his name is grabbing your food....after you straighten that out and pray he did not take a quick taste of your soup you have to find a vacant table all while balancing a tray and a large soda.....to much work for me.....

Yup, I agree with everything you said. I also can't stand that I end up spending 10 bucks for a sandwich that takes 4 bites to finish.

Back