pan-ams

im honestly worried about my gi top. it just comes to my wrists and is pretty tight. pushing it... but i guess i can borrow one from a teammate if need be...

blue belt pluma and absoluto

David,
I have a team patch 15cm above the base of the pant leg bottom...according to the rules it would be okay...Is it?

so would the big gameness patch on the knee of my gi needs to be removed?? what about the stripe down each shoulder

The stripes are o.k., but the patch on the knee will need to come off. I remember that a lot of Gameness patches had to be removed because of location. It doesn't matter that the patches were put on by the company and not you. By the way, I've had to remove patches, too, from my own gi. I had a Sirius patch on my thigh that came down over my knee. :icon_chee

David,
I have a team patch 15cm above the base of the pant leg bottom...according to the rules it would be okay...Is it?

Sounds like it would be o.k., but of course, the I don't have the final say - unless I'm the one checking your gi this year.

(Just slip me a Benjamin on the D.L. and we'll be straight. :icon_chee )

im honestly worried about my gi top. it just comes to my wrists and is pretty tight. pushing it... but i guess i can borrow one from a teammate if need be...

blue belt pluma and absoluto

We have a measuring stick that we use, but, in general, if there's enough room in your sleeve so that someone could slip in 4 fingers (all lined up like a karate chop, but not bunched up) between your arm and your gi, then it's probably o.k.

thanks David, the patch is coming off. Glad you know your stuff

We have a measuring stick that we use, but, in general, if there's enough room in your sleeve so that someone could slip in 4 fingers (all lined up like a karate chop, but not bunched up) between your arm and your gi, then it's probably o.k.

the space isnt what im worried about, i can easily get my fingers in there. its the length. im lanky but realllly skinny and i wear an a1. its close but questionable.
it comes to my wrist as you can see here
l_613c48c005edee43f89eb9e9c8fae361.jpg

but it tends to ride up as you can see here
l_8f387925eb1815132875028389ea06d4.jpg

thanks for all the help man!

One more question if you can help.

Based on the schedule

http://www.ibjjf.org/pan2008schedulepreview.htm

there is no senior open division for purple belt. At this point there are 8 guys signed up to compete. I have tried e mailing the bjj fed, but I haven't heard anything yet. Do you or anyone else know how this works? It would certainly help. Thanks again.

My instructor Phil Cardella will be there competing in the Black Belt division @ 160. It will be interesting to see this year's line up for sure.

the space isnt what im worried about, i can easily get my fingers in there. its the length. im lanky but realllly skinny and i wear an a1. its close but questionable.
it comes to my wrist as you can see here
l_613c48c005edee43f89eb9e9c8fae361.jpg

but it tends to ride up as you can see here
l_8f387925eb1815132875028389ea06d4.jpg

thanks for all the help man!

I would definitely take an extra gi just to be safe. Better to have an extra gi and not need it than need an extra gi and not have it.

One more question if you can help.

Based on the schedule

http://www.ibjjf.org/pan2008schedulepreview.htm

there is no senior open division for purple belt. At this point there are 8 guys signed up to compete. I have tried e mailing the bjj fed, but I haven't heard anything yet. Do you or anyone else know how this works? It would certainly help. Thanks again.

I don't have anything to do with scheduling, but judging from past experience, they usually decide at the event whether to include or cancel the open divisions depending on time constraints and the number of people competing.

They run things pretty efficiently these days. Despite this, it still takes a long time to get through all the weight divisions (never mind the absolutes) because of the number of competitors, belt ranks, and weight classes. They'd probably need to add another day if they were going to run all the absolute divisions.

I would recommed registering for the open just in case.

thanks dave... i assume this is THE dave jacobs form around here? see you in winchester tommorow?

thanks dave... i assume this is THE dave jacobs form around here? see you in winchester tommorow?

THE David Jacobs?

lol...

Unfortunately, I can't make it to Winch. for the tournament. I'm getting my basement finished and the contractors are coming to my house on Monday to start work. This weekend is pretty much 100% dedicated to moving the incredible amont of junk I have accumulated in my basement into storage so the contractors can have access. Feel free to drop by and help me!!!

i had a sirius competition gi last year and had to cut the leg/knee patch off,dave's absolutely right on that and i had gracie barra on...bring two gi's if your uncertain...

i got so fucked

apparently i'd been trianing with a broken arm the past few weeks, and on my first day training in florida it gave out and my forearm snapped in half when i was preforming a sweep on a larger opponent.

unfortunately i can no longer even go to the event since i had to fly back to ny to get my artm cared for... every doctor in florida sucks.

what really sucks is that i pre-paid for everything in the whole trip, flights, room, registration, etc. and now i cant go, or get my money back. luckily i was sponsored for a lot of it, but in a way that makes it even worse.:icon_cry2

cash bill 52,far as i know there's an absolute in the purple seniors,look again on the registration form...

Back