Palhares vs Mir situation.

rtodd

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Theres' been too many stupid comments about how Paul Harris gets shafted for holding on and Mir doesn't.

So lets break it down.

Mir broke Timmy's arm, Nogs shoulder and put Kongo to sleep.

In no instance did Timmy, Nog or Kongo tap, and when the ref intervened, he stopped immediately. He didn't cranked for a few seconds more, he let go. Even with Brock, when he knee barred him, when he tapped and the ref stepped in, he immediately let go.

Mir has never tested positive for PED's nor has he been banned from MMA for his conduct. I don't think he's even been warned in his entire MMA career by the ref.

Never has one of Frank's training partners or coaches come forward to say he hurts people in training on purpose.

Palhares on the other hand.

Tomsz Drwal, tapped, then the ref tried to pull him off and he kept cranking for a couple of seconds more before he released.
Mike Pierce, tapped, then the ref tried to pull him off an he kept cranking for a couple of seconds more before he released.
Jake Shields, tapped, then the ref tried to pull him off and he kept cranking for a couple of seconds more before he released.

ON top of that, he was warned for eye gouging multiple times against Shields, tested positive for Steroids against Hector Lombard, prematurely ran away from a fight against Miller and had his former coach, Bustamante saying he constantly hurt sparring partners in the gym, so he got him a psychologist and he still kept doing it.

What stupid argument is there left that Palhares is getting screwed while Frank is getting away with murder?

Anyone trying to compare Mir to Palhares is an idiot. It's tap, snap, or nap. That's the way this game is played. Mir has never held onto a submission after a ref's intervention that I know of. Palhares does it routinely.

Also Sylvia tried to slam Mir after the break and HE wanted to keep fighting.

Big Nog never tapped so Frank kept cranking and that's what happened. Should've tapped. There wasn't a problem when Brock tapped.

It's not even comparable. I don't even know why anyone would try to argue it. Delusional Palhares fans or irrational Mir haters?

is who actually making this error comparison though?

Watch Paull Harris do it in ADCC vs David Avellan.
He is just a wreck to compete against in anything

Anyone who supports Palhares is an idiot. It's tap, snap, or nap. That's the way this game is played. Mir has never held onto a submission after a ref's intervention that I know of. Palhares does it routinely.

Fixed it for you my friend.

Paul Harris has never actually hurt anyone, Dana. Maybe he holds subs for a few seconds longer than he needs to but at least he lets go before there's broken bones or unconscious fighters...more than Mir can say. Mir is a dirty fighter and there's no sticking up for him, no matter what Dana tells you.

Paul Harris has never actually hurt anyone, Dana. Maybe he holds subs for a few seconds longer than he needs to but at least he lets go before there's broken bones or unconscious fighters...more than Mir can say. Mir is a dirty fighter and there's no sticking up for him, no matter what Dana tells you.

WSOF =/= UFC. Derp.

Why is Mir dirty? It's not his fault his opponents won't tap. What should he do then, release the submission and give away a certain victory?

No, Palhares is the dirty one here. He holds on to subs after the fight has been stopped. That's dirty and dangerous. And he even cranks it further on occasion.

Plus, he has been caught using roids. Palhares is a dirty cheater. Mir follows the rules.

Why is Mir dirty? It's not his fault his opponents won't tap. What should he do then, release the submission and give away a certain victory?

No, Palhares is the dirty one here. He holds on to subs after the fight has been stopped. That's dirty and dangerous. And he even cranks it further on occasion.

Plus, he has been caught using roids. Palhares is a dirty cheater. Mir follows the rules.

I'll make this very easy for you:

Number of fighters injured by Frank Mir subs because he held them too long: 3
Number of fighters injured by Paul Harris: ZERO

Now how is Paul Harris the dirty one again?

Really you take Mir as an example??

The guy that let Lesnar tap for like 10 minutes while still cranking and looking at him LOOOL

Back