Palhares vs Mir situation.

I'll make this very easy for you:

Number of fighters injured by Frank Mir subs because he held them too long: 3
Number of fighters injured by Paul Harris: ZERO

Now how is Paul Harris the dirty one again?

Why did Mir hold too long? Did he keep cranking after the ref stopped it? Gifs? Opponents not tapping is not dirty. That's his opponents being stupid. Not Mir's fault.

Also, Palhares is dirty because he's a cheater. How is that not dirty? And he's risking injuring people, for no reason.

Wow. People actually think they're the same, or even that Mir is worse? Mir may break bones with some submissions, but he doesn't break rules with them. It's his opponent's fault for being too stubborn to tap, minus Tim, as he didn't even realise it broke.

Rousimar straight up holds on when his opponents are tapping and when the referees are trying to pry him off. He should be banned from competition.

I still can't get over how stupid some people are.

Number of fighters who tapped and Mir hurt them. Zero.

Fighter who refuses to tap choses to get hurt.

Fighters who tap and their opponent refuses to release the submission, then the ref intervenes and the fighter still refuses to release is a whole different ball of wax.

Palhares refuses to release until he hurts his opponents even when they tap, when Mir's opponents tap, he releases.

Number of fighters who tapped and Mir hurt them. Zero.

Fighter who refuses to tap choses to get hurt.

Fighters who tap and their opponent refuses to release the submission, then the ref intervenes and the fighter still refuses to release is a whole different ball of wax.

Palhares refuses to release until he hurts his opponents even when they tap, when Mir's opponents tap, he releases.

You are completely right. It's just shocking that some people are too stupid to see it.

Fortunately, it's only a small minority that defends Palhares here.

I'll probably get in trouble for posting this b/c fighter bashing...but IN MY OPINION...Palhares is a scumbag that is trying to hurt people (yeah, I know he hasn't broken bones) while Mir is trying to win fights...Huge difference. Mir lets go once ref steps in and doesn't hold past a tap. WAY too many examples where Palhares has crossed the line.

I never said it was. Where the hell did that come from?

You kept referring to "Dana". Palhares was recently banned from WSOF. What the hell does Dana White have to do with anything?

This really didn't need a thread. The people comparing Palhares to Mir are all trolls.

Curious as to why you started a thread about this TS? I have not seen ANYONE on Sherdog defend Palhares at all. Do you have links to threads where someone actually defended Palhares?

His actions are completely INDEFENSIBLE! I cannot see any other MMA fighter ever coming to defend him. Seriously even fighters people in other organizations think he is a PoS.

He seems to go Full Retard. Just look at the GIF from his fight with Mike Pierce, he just sits there in a stupefied daze as the referee tries removing his arms from Pierce's leg. I think the guy just zones out in competition. I would actually LOVE to see someone of a similar skillset completely DOMINATE Palhares and break something on him.

palhares_zpsaws30wiq.gif

Yes, I actually condone injuring him. See if he understands then. Until someone does injure him, he just will not understand. He seems to be a simpleton honestly and I believe his manager and other fighters in his fight camp actually defend him because they know the truth. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that gym (a fly that can understand Portuguese and Spanish!) after that last fight to see what other people think of him. He is giving this blood sport a bad reputation.

:icon_evil

20131009_ajl_ooo_329_0_zpsjia8l0jl.jpg

Pardon my color play. Got a bit carried away and had fun with it. ;-)

I get this confused.....which guy holds the subs too long and which guy is the leg lock guy?? Rousimar Palhares or Paul Harris, which one is which?

Curious as to why you started a thread about this TS? I have not seen ANYONE on Sherdog defend Palhares at all. Do you have links to threads where someone actually defended Palhares?

His actions are completely INDEFENSIBLE! I cannot see any other MMA fighter ever coming to defend him. Seriously even fighters people in other organizations think he is a PoS.

He seems to go Full Retard. Just look at the GIF from his fight with Mike Pierce, he just sits there in a stupefied daze as the referee tries removing his arms from Pierce's leg. I think the guy just zones out in competition. I would actually LOVE to see someone of a similar skillset completely DOMINATE Palhares and break something on him.

palhares_zpsaws30wiq.gif

Yes, I actually condone injuring him. See if he understands then. Until someone does injure him, he just will not understand. He seems to be a simpleton honestly and I believe his manager and other fighters in his fight camp actually defend him because they know the truth. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that gym (a fly that can understand Portuguese and Spanish!) after that last fight to see what other people think of him. He is giving this blood sport a bad reputation.

:icon_evil

20131009_ajl_ooo_329_0_zpsjia8l0jl.jpg

Pardon my color play. Got a bit carried away and had fun with it. ;-)
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/what-separates-mirs-submissions-rest-3046841/

People in that thread were comparion Mir to Palhares.

Shields punched Palhares after the bell.
That's worse than anything Palhares has ever done.
Palhares is mentally slow (I'm a psychologist, so I'll stay vague), Shields is not.
That is the real difference here.
Stop saying Palhares is a dirty fighter, you ignorant people. He just does not know what he is doing.

Should he fight? Probably not. He will never be able to understand certain things.

But that is NOT his fault. Commissions should not allow him to fight.

Anyone who calls Mir a dirty fighter is stupid. As far as I can remember he has never broken a single rule. I don't even remember him breaking any minor rules like grabbing the fence or accidental eye poke or anything like that.

That is the dumbest declaration I've read today. Frank Mir has ONLY injured fighters that did NOT tap. Big Nog did NOT tap and just let his arm snap. Big Timmy did not tap either and his arm snapped and he did not even seem to realize it had!

There is quite a bit of difference. Tomasz Drwal, Mike Pierce (MCL sprain AND torn ankle ligament) , were injured. Pierce, Fitch and now Jake shields were/will be out extended time for even minor sprains which in that area of the leg can hurt like hell and be reinjured rather easily. Mir has ALWAYS shown very good sportsmanship. Even against Brock someone he categorically disliked.

By the way, here is a timed GIF image of Palhares submission on Mike Pierce. You can see how long he holds onto the heel hook and his stupefied expression, he appears to go into a trance fighting or just goes full retard.

iRXG0ucUWwB9L_zps9rs3cu58.gif

I am NOT the biggest Frank Mir fan ever. But I respect the man's accomplishments in the octagon. Either way there is NO comparing him to Frank Mir. EVER.

In the Lesnar fight the ref was just stupid and didn't notice Lesnar was tapping.

Mir is not a dirty fighter. He goes in there to break bones and when opponents don't tap that's what he does.

There is something wrong with Paul though like beyond the fact he's a dirty fighter.

Shields punched Palhares after the bell.
That's worse than anything Palhares has ever done.
Palhares is mentally slow (I'm a psychologist, so I'll stay vague), Shields is not.
That is the real difference here.
Stop saying Palhares is a dirty fighter, you ignorant people. He just does not know what he is doing.

Should he fight? Probably not. He will never be able to understand certain things.

But that is NOT his fault. Commissions should not allow him to fight.

You are wrong about shields

I get this confused.....which guy holds the subs too long and which guy is the leg lock guy?? Rousimar Palhares or Paul Harris, which one is which?

Paul Harris is the Evil-Doer twin duplicate of a innocent farm hand from Brazil whose name is Rousimar Palhares. Paul Harris is a complete and utter asshole while Rousimar Palhares is just an innocent boy stuck in a man's body. Sheesh@you for not knowing the difference!

:icon_chee

Palheres bothers me cause he does it over and over and post fight act like nothings wrong at least babalu owns up and say he deserved that shit

Back