Palhares Should.....

When the ref physically put his hands the lock, he let go, right away. Dude was in the zone, I see nothing wrong with this. Some of his other ones, yes totally wrong, this one wasnt bad at all. .5 seconds from when the ref put his hands on the lock does he let go.

The gouges are worse, but the submission wasnt bad.

I'll agree that this sub incident doesn't even make his short list of worst behavior, but that's also because he has such a lengthy history.

He basically did the worst that Babalu or BJ has done by holding this sub. Babalu and BJ have those incidents remembered as the worst thing they've ever done in a cage. For Palhares, we're all just kind of glad he only held it for a couple extra seconds instead of much longer.

He let go fine. I want more Palhares action. Go home.

The next guy he hangs on too long with should wait patiently until the hand gets raised and at that moment blast his jaw and gnp until he gets pulled, You try to hurt someone outside the confines of the game that's what you deserve.

Once again the guy cranks on a sub waaaaay tooo long. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a year suspension or banned indefinitely.

He also had several eye pokes in the fight. But I will say this...Shields had mount and was crying about eye pokes....I was yelling you have mount knock the (bleep) out of him and quit complaining....of course easy for me to say.

Whatever the case Paul Harris is a very dirty fighter.

This is another thing the nut huggers are missing. Even if you think the sub was fine he's had several that weren't and he WAS POKING HIS FRIGGING EYES!

Be banned from competing in ALL 50 States and ALL Canadian Provinces. Brazil should take a good hard look at considering the same fate for this guy.

I went from thinking Palhares is an incredibly dirty fighter, to almost feeling sorry for him. I felt sorry for the guy b/c I had almost convinced myself that he hangs on to subs too long b/c he is mentally challenged... mild retardation status. I have come the the realization that if one is able to transition as quickly as this beast can on the canvas, one can just as quickly release a sub as soon as the ref makes contact. Enough is enough, Rousimar Palhares (Paul Harris) is bad for the sport of mixed martial arts.

I waited a while to post after watching the fight to cool off, and re-watch the finish. Hours later... I feel exactly the same...

What are your thoughts?

I like his ground transitions and win at all cost attitude. for the people who hate him I'm sure it will be thrilling for them when and if any opponent can hold a sub on Palhares a few seconds after he taps

Yep, Paul Harris is a dirty pig. He should not be allowed to fight for a long time.

Never thought I would see this amount of fake outrage over the safety of a wet blanket fighter who went 2 and a half rounds without throwing a punch, only to try suckerpunching his opponent after the fight was clearly over.

And i thought you fellas liked MMA.

I would not ban him, let it be., we are talking about jake shields they guy that threw the first punch in the mayhem brawl! And hit Palhares after the sub last night! Neither of them should be even punished for this

I'm not going to take this shitty troll thread too seriously, regardless, but because some dipshit might read this shit and learn something, let me be clear:

THERE IS A RISK OF INJURY EVERYTIME ANYONE STEPS IN THE GYM, RING, OR CAGE- AND IT IS NOT ROUSIMAR'S JOB TO PROTECT HIS OPPONENTS FROM THAT RISK OF INJURY.

The only troll in this thread is you champ. You've exposed yourself as having a proclivity for Palhares. That's ok, the guy is a phenomenal Jiu Jitsu practitioner however, this makes you incapable of approaching this subject from a neutral standpoint.

Oh yeah, you already have taken this thread VERY seriously. 3 posts on the first page is no casual approach.

I like his ground transitions and win at all cost attitude. for the people who hate him I'm sure it will be thrilling for them when and if any opponent can hold a sub on Palhares a few seconds after he taps

I agree, that would be pretty damn funny. Nice to see an OG Sherdogger still on his game!

he shouldn't be banned for eye gouging. This would create a dangerous precedent in which orgs punish a fighter regardless of the ref's decision inside the cage. If SM decided it was not punishable and the AC disagrees with this, then SM should be punished.

Regarding holding it for too long and possible penalties associated with this, I think it should be up to the AC - the promoter shouldn't be favoring fighter A or B in detriment of another. In fact, I disagree in this case he held it for too long.

he shouldn't be banned for eye gouging. This would create a dangerous precedent in which orgs punish a fighter regardless of the ref's decision inside the cage. If SM decided it was not punishable and the AC disagrees with this, then SM should be punished.

Regarding holding it for too long and possible penalties associated with this, I think it should be up to the AC - the promoter shouldn't be favoring fighter A or B in detriment of another. In fact, I disagree in this case he held it for too long.

Disagree. Totally fair game for a sanctioning body to impose penalties regardless of the refs conduct. This happens in many sports.

Put it this way:

If the ref had a gun to his head and said "let the fuck go right now," you bet your ass he would let go of the sub immediately. He chooses to keep cranking and it's cost him his UFC slot and now probably his WSOF belt. But that is still better than getting your knee ripped in half.

Nope, this stoppage was 1 second after the ref got into his vision, he let go right away. Tap or not, he has to wait for the ref to intervene, the ref did and he let go.
The ref fucked up by approaching from his back instead of stepping into his field of vision to stop it. As soon as Paul Harris saw the ref he let go.

what would you expect from mazzaghetti!

btw the sub release wasn't bad, it's just that Paul Harris is constantly under scrutiny, but put in there any other guy in his place and this one would be a non-story

I think I agree. Palhares has had many chances, but he just keeps doing it. He's not just holding on to subs too long, but he's also fighting dirty during the fight.

He's just a scumbag it seems.

If it were a thousand years ago, Palhares would be that motherfucker the king keeps in his dungeon to kill people for him.

If it were a thousand years ago, Palhares would be that motherfucker the king keeps in his dungeon to kill people for him.

It would be like Jurassic Park when they lower a cow down there to him, and nothing comes back but a bloody harness.

I wish Alan Belcher had like bitten the tip of his fucking nose off and when palhares freaked out about it, Belcher just had a confused look on his face like "what?"

When the ref physically put his hands the lock, he let go, right away. Dude was in the zone, I see nothing wrong with this. Some of his other ones, yes totally wrong, this one wasnt bad at all. .5 seconds from when the ref put his hands on the lock does he let go.

The gouges are worse, but the submission wasnt bad.

Shields started tapping 3-4 seconds before the hold was let go.

What NORMAL MMA fighters do is hover the hold at the point of the tap...they don't crank it full speed towards damage until a ref pry's them off. This is why dipshit constantly gets into this mess and other fighters do not.

Think about that;

The moment Shield's started tapping was the point Shields couldn't handle the hold any more. Dipshit cranked for 3 fucking seconds PAST that point with no slowing down. That's why he's getting suspended from yet ANOTHER organization. It's not a conspiracy, he's just a dipshit.

Never thought I would see this amount of fake outrage over the safety of a wet blanket fighter who went 2 and a half rounds without throwing a punch, only to try suckerpunching his opponent after the fight was clearly over.

And i thought you fellas liked MMA.

Well by your dumb ass logic, you should have enjoyed the sucker punch after the fight, because that was free "mma" bro. Kind of like those extra scenes in movies after the credits!

:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back