Palhares Should.....

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by jungliquid, Aug 2, 2015.

1. jungliquid

jungliquid Orange Belt

Be banned from competing in ALL 50 States and ALL Canadian Provinces. Brazil should take a good hard look at considering the same fate for this guy.

I went from thinking Palhares is an incredibly dirty fighter, to almost feeling sorry for him. I felt sorry for the guy b/c I had almost convinced myself that he hangs on to subs too long b/c he is mentally challenged... mild retardation status. I have come the the realization that if one is able to transition as quickly as this beast can on the canvas, one can just as quickly release a sub as soon as the ref makes contact. Enough is enough, Rousimar Palhares (Paul Harris) is bad for the sport of mixed martial arts.

I waited a while to post after watching the fight to cool off, and re-watch the finish. Hours later... I feel exactly the same...

What are your thoughts?

2. Mark Andeya

Mark Andeya Blue Belt

Oh fuck off lol.

Why watch MMA if you don't want to see the best fighters fight each other?

3. rbastid

rbastid Brown Belt

Yeah, we should have MMA with no stoppages and hammers and ROCKET LAUNCHERS!!!!!!

If you enjoy MMA you should want scum bags like Palhares to be banned, this is his 6th or 7th time pulling this crap. It's not a mistake, it's his M.O.

If you want no holds barred mayhem you don't want MMA, so go back to watching your World Star videos.

4. jungliquid

jungliquid Orange Belt

Calm yourself sport! It's all going to be ok. Nowhere in my post was there mention of not wanting to see the best talents compete. If a great talent is also a dirty talent, the kind of talent that could put his opponent on the injured reserve list because of holding on to subs too long he needs to go. That's an opinion. Paulhares has proven time and time again to be an incredibly dirty competitor... time to go!

5. STRAWBOSS

STRAWBOSS MASTER SUGAR RIMMER

He's like Borat's younger brother Beelo. I say throw him. But others said keep him.

6. Mark Andeya

Mark Andeya Blue Belt

Hmm... no I actually really liked what we had tonight. Two of the most skilled jiu-jitsu artists on earth competing to submit each other.

This sub, like the fitch, carl, pierce, and others was not late at all. People just like to cry.

7. Mark Andeya

Mark Andeya Blue Belt

I'm not going to take this shitty troll thread too seriously, regardless, but because some dipshit might read this shit and learn something, let me be clear:

THERE IS A RISK OF INJURY EVERYTIME ANYONE STEPS IN THE GYM, RING, OR CAGE- AND IT IS NOT ROUSIMAR'S JOB TO PROTECT HIS OPPONENTS FROM THAT RISK OF INJURY.

8. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

I was calling for a permanent ban years ago.

This incident is actually not all that bad by his standards, but shows that he is still a danger to other fighters in a way that he shouldn't be.

9. Garnett Silk

Garnett Silk "I chose violence" - Cersei Lannister

[Yt]ajZe1aUuKlg[/MEDIA]

Wow I used to be a Palhares apologist, dude needs to be suspended for a year. You can see him blatantly crank Kimura after tap. What a fuckin retard

10. Pseudo Sane

Pseudo Sane Brown Belt

It is absolutely his job to obey the directions of the referee and to refrain from causing unnecessary harm to his opponents.

for reference, please see the unified rules:

The entire point of the rules is to restrict the risks in a fight.

It is why we have a referee, no eye gouging, no small joint manipulation, and no rabbit punches.

11. Balboa

Balboa Brown Belt

Once again the guy cranks on a sub waaaaay tooo long. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a year suspension or banned indefinitely.

He also had several eye pokes in the fight. But I will say this...Shields had mount and was crying about eye pokes....I was yelling you have mount knock the (bleep) out of him and quit complaining....of course easy for me to say.

Whatever the case Paul Harris is a very dirty fighter.

12. ThunderL1ps

ThunderL1ps Red Belt

This.

13. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Brown Belt

It IS his job, however, to release the submission immediately when the ref calls off the fight. This is something he has repeatedly refused to do. He lost his place in the UFC because of this. That's the problem.

If a fighter gets his arm broken because he refused to tap, like Big Nog in the second Mir fight, that's his problem. He was given the opportunity to tap, and he chose not too till after the damage was done.

Palhares and his opponents are a different situation, though. His opponents tap, the ref intervenes and Palhares continues to hold (and even crank) the submission for a noticeable length of time.

14. 10k

10k Orange Belt

I was forgiveful of him when it happened in the UFC. I thought he just had a lapse or went into survival mode or someth. But yeah at this point it's beating a dead horse he is a big danger to his competitors health.

15. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

how many limbs has harris broken in the cage vs how many mir has broken.

16. BisexualMMA

The proper question is how many injuries has he caused vs Mir after the ref has already intervened.

What is the point of having "tapping out" and "ref stoppages" if neither of these actually end the fight?

17. thoughtsone

thoughtsone Silver Belt

Nope, this stoppage was 1 second after the ref got into his vision, he let go right away. Tap or not, he has to wait for the ref to intervene, the ref did and he let go.
    The ref fucked up by approaching from his back instead of stepping into his field of vision to stop it. As soon as Paul Harris saw the ref he let go.

18. BisexualMMA

Who did Paul Harris think was trying to pry him off of Shields? Giblert?

19. thoughtsone

thoughtsone Silver Belt

When the ref physically put his hands the lock, he let go, right away. Dude was in the zone, I see nothing wrong with this. Some of his other ones, yes totally wrong, this one wasnt bad at all. .5 seconds from when the ref put his hands on the lock does he let go.

The gouges are worse, but the submission wasnt bad.

20. Jaymo_ie

Jaymo_ie Green Belt

I could'nt agree more. I actually used to be a big fan of Paul Harris, but this continued disgraceful behaviour must be stopped. He is really going to hurt someone badly....I mean hurt them in a career ending way. I remember in the past a fighter losing an eye due to gouging...and I just can't understand for the life of me why he is holding and cranking the submissions, it makes no sense. I thought it was a heat of the moment thing at first, but clearly it's deliberate. Such a shame that a talented fighter behaves like this. I actually met him in Dublin and he was such a nice guy. I don't know what happens to him when he is in the cage.....