Palhares should not be cut! The Ref sucks.

I found him to be a boring fighter , and a dummy , stupid people deserve what they get , so its all good in my books

The Ref did nothing wrong. The bad out weighs the good when it comes to Palhares.

i don't see fighters crank after the tap, after the ref jumps in, etc. so when i see it, it pisses me off. there's no need for that shit.

yep what a cheater ,he did illegal technique and tapped pierce what an asshole

He is talking about peds! Cranking the hook after the ref jumped makes him an asshole, and you're an asshole for thinking it's ok!

I did not think he held the hold so long that he should get cut. When the ref came in, he let go. I guess he could have stopped faster, but in the heat of battle, do you always feel the tap? I could see holding back the SON bonus, but not his release. It wasn't done with malice.

Dude, he cranked AFTER the ref tried to stop it. Also, did you forget the other time he did it in the UFC? Or in grappling tournaments? Or other MMA fights? Palhares does it all the time, even in training. He's a liability. It's not just one incident. The guy is constantly risking injuries for no reason.

Also, he's a cheater. Also, he fucked up in the Miller fight. Also, he fucked up in the Marquardt fight.

Reasons enough to release him.

Someone else posted the link, you should probably read what his former coach has said about him.
-------------------------

Rousimar Palhares

No one is considering also that good luck getting fighters to agree to fight him after that. I'm sure fighters/trainers talk, and are well aware of what he's like even in training.

I'm sure no one wants to risk a year layoff fighting him, and for very little gain as he is not even a top 10 opponent.

Very high risk guy to have on a roster from here on in. He will be made an example of, no respectable Org will touch him. His career is over.

Its suppose to be fighting...and yes the ref is who stops the fight. I've seen people deny tapping on many occasions and IMHO the hold should stay until the ref intervenes. Its not like he really cranked it in an attempt to hurt him. He would be on one leg now if the hold would have been really tightened up as much as he could have. It seems he has a history of holding on a little long..but in a fight its heat of the moment...no replay the down etc. The ufc has always tried to monopolies mma and usurp its views. I think the should be allowed to kick a downed opponent...its a fight and it would make less people lay and pray if they had the thought of a soccer kick to the head around.

Lets get this clear, no matter what you say the rules are, THE FIGHT IS OVER WHEN THE REF BREAKS IT UP.

This is Soares talking about sonnens phantom tap

"I was upset that Chael was...trying to deny at first that he tapped. I went through that scenario once before with Chael myself, with Paulo Filho. "

Guys have done it before, couple that with the fact of what happened in the Miller fight.

---

The ref jumped in the wrong place like super mario.
The ref was so far away from the action.

2.gif

That was bull to cut him, the ref stops the fight not the fighter, Palhares did nothing wrong this time, he held the sub for maybe 0.5 seconds after but that's normal.

tumblr_lz2ezoMAac1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

This is end thread worthy material right here. Fuck it, there should be no more posts defending PH after reading this.

(Yes I realize there are two sides to every story but when there's smoke there's fire. (2 cliches in one sentence, well done!) Numerous incidents in the UFC, vids showing same BS in pre-UFC fights, incident at ADCC, coach talking about shit going down in sparring. Face the facts, the guy goes overboard whether its because he's a simpleton or just intense it doesn't matter.)

I totally agree with TS. There should be a rule that all refs have to kick the guy implementing the submission in the face until he lets go.

I totally agree with TS. There should be a rule that all refs have to kick the guy implementing the submission in the face until he lets go.

This. He should have stabbed him repeatedly also. How else could he know it's over?

It just amazes me how vicious he can be with those leg locks he is already known for that technique but still pierce was not able to avoid it Palahares is just so relentless with that move.

I didn't think it was that bad. If he held it a second or two longer then it would be different. It's understandable why a fighter might not release the hold after the other fighter taps but before the ref acknowledges it. It's happened many times that the ref didn't see it and the other fighter goes on to win.

Yes, he has a history of this. But judge him on this fight alone and IMO it wasn't that bad and certainly not deserving of a release.

Im so sick of readint the same stupid bs, palhares did it before bla bla bla, yeah no shit, but this time, he did nothing wrong, and was the ref's fault...

I find it disappointing because he is great to watch but he has become a liability. Everyone should want to hurt their opponent but no one should want to injure them. We want our fighters to be a bit crazy but not sociopaths. It's the UFCs job to protect the fighters and that is why this move just makes sense.

Do you guys think there would be a difference if the fight was reffed by a bigger guy and not this flyweightlooking dude?

Im so sick of readint the same stupid bs, palhares did it before bla bla bla, yeah no shit, but this time, he did nothing wrong, and was the ref's fault...

Ref was out of position a bit but when your opponent is tapping like that you should be looking at the ref for the wave off. When the ref is on top of you then stop he went harder and didn't stop until the ref got angry. It may only be half a second after he acknowledges the ref that he let go but it was probably three seconds later than he should have let go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back