Palhares should not be cut! The Ref sucks.

Kevin Randleman**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Lets get this clear, no matter what you say the rules are, THE FIGHT IS OVER WHEN THE REF BREAKS IT UP.

This is Soares talking about sonnens phantom tap

"I was upset that Chael was...trying to deny at first that he tapped. I went through that scenario once before with Chael myself, with Paulo Filho. "

Guys have done it before, couple that with the fact of what happened in the Miller fight.

---

The ref jumped in the wrong place like super mario.
The ref was so far away from the action.

2.gif

That was bull to cut him, the ref stops the fight not the fighter, Palhares did nothing wrong this time, he held the sub for maybe 0.5 seconds after but that's normal.

Lets get this clear, no matter what you say the rules are, THE FIGHT IS OVER WHEN THE REF BREAKS IT UP.

This is Soares talking about sonnens phantom tap

"I was upset that Chael was...trying to deny at first that he tapped. I went through that scenario once before with Chael myself, with Paulo Filho. "

Guys have done it before, couple that with the fact of what happened in the Miller fight.

---

The ref jumped in the wrong place like super mario.
The ref was so far away from the action.

2.gif

That was bull to cut him, the ref stops the fight not the fighter, Palhares did nothing wrong this time, he held the sub for maybe 0.5 seconds after but that's normal.

tumblr_lz2ezoMAac1r3ty02o1_r1_500.gif

Ok so why did Palhares crank the sub AFTER the ref jumped in?

Palhares is more intelligent than his fans.

You're joking right? Palhares did this twice in the UFC and has done it at grappling tournaments as well. He even held a choke to long in MMA prior to his tenure w/UFC. Major liability. Add that to his suspension for elevated testosterone.

Palhares is good enough to know if the hold is deep or not. he is an fucking expert in toe holds.
and if you know your hold is perfect you just wait for the tap. i

He held it too long but i did think it was odd the ref leaped for the legs instead of Palhares' hands.

He held it a little too long. Anyways, I feel a bit for him, cause he doesn't seem to do it with malice, I think he just loses his head in these kind of situations.

Yes. You go until the ref stops it. But as soon as the ref touches you, you have to let go of your submission/pull back on your strikes.

That is what the problem is. Palhares tightened the torque after the ref touched him. It doesn't matter if it was only an extra 1.3 seconds - Palhares has created the perception that a ref has to forcibly separate him from a submitted/defenseless fighter in a safe and timely manner. That's horseshit. What if it was Kim Winslow and she was unable to break Palhares' grip? It honestly looks like that's what the ref had to do to get Palhares to stop...

Back