Palhares RELEASED By UFC, Not Banned By UFC. Could Technically Return In The Future

torn on this one

Palhares is a good fighter who beat a tough guy in Mike Pierce, but at the same time what he did really did not look good for MMA as a sport.

I don't think it was intentional in a nasty way like what Paul Daley did, but that's really something I'd have to think over

Which is worse, a guy that deliberately holds a sub too long or one that hasn't the brains to let a sub go?

I might just be creating conspiracys in my head as i liked Paul Harris, but i cant help but think the UFC were kind of pissed he beat a guy who they were trying to build up so easily (I think they thought Paul would lose this fight).

Lots of intriguing matches in Bellator, WSoF, KSW, ect..

I'd love a Doug Marshall fight if Rhino losses.

Khalidov, Daley are appealing also.

Daley..loser leaves the organization.

As much as I love him as a fighter, the UFC has to get serious about this.

In the same line, extra punches after a stoppage should not be tolerated.

they aren't, and they aren't very frequent either. i can't think of any examples of a fighter hitting his opponent after the ref has stepped in.

Verses Askren, the guy who trains with Alan Belcher who gave Pallhars the most brutal beating of his life.

Yeah, I'd love to see that too for no other reason that to see the slack jawed mongoloid take another beating.

Because red devil had a bunch of fedor clones or that lame wrestlers camp Hendricks trains in have all had his success as well.

It also has to do with Google rankings. You don't want to do too much fiddling with the URL for a page and run the risk of the algorithm think you're trying to pull some kind of black hat SEO stuff. It's kinda complicated, and it will sound silly explained out, but Google's algorithm runs the Internet, so you do what you can to please it. :icon_lol:

Fuck silly. Explain it in here or shoot me a PM

Well that's cool. I hope Bellator picks him up and puts him up. He's a dangerous fighter and dangerous fighters are exciting.

And if the UFC did nothing I'm sure you'd be shitting on them for letting fighters get away with doing dirty shit and how they are ruining the sport by allowing these things.
I guess he has the hots for Palhares more than Mike Pierce.

im glad they released him, terrible sportsmanship

Palhares is a victim of politics

Dana freaked out when he imagined the culinary union using Palhares as ammunition

- first suspension for holding a sub too long
- mental spaz against Marquardt where he stopped fighting to talk to the ref
- mental spaz against Miller - literally jumped on the cage before it was stopped
- gets KTFO by Belcher
- gets KTFO by Lombard
- fails PED test
- second suspension for holding a sub too long

No one incident did the guy in, he's just a consistent liability. He's not such a marquee name or talent that all of his shortcomings should be overlooked. It's a reasonable release.

Let him go somewhere else and prove he can act stable (and test clean) and work his way back.

Yep, his fans don't want to acknowledge the facts.

If a fighter hit his opponent after the fight had been stopped, not once but twice, he would never get back into the UFC. Throw in a PED suspension and its an easy call to cut that guy.

I love Paul Harris but this was the right choice. He needs to get his act together and whatever shit they said after the last time didn't work.

You wouldn't be saying that if Pierce were seriously injured. This guy is a repeat offender. Someone will eventually get hurt.

You're making an assumption that anyone gives a shit about Pierce.

Palhares seems to be a bit of a dirty guy in all honesty..

Like other people said he is a repeat offender and has done this in Grapplers Quest and ADCC as well..

He lacks any sportsmanship.... Im glad he's gone.

You wouldn't be saying that if Pierce were seriously injured. This guy is a repeat offender. Someone will eventually get hurt.

Heaven forbid somebody should get serlously hurt in a fight.Also I dont give a damn about some random Pierce guy so who cares if he gets injured. Going into a fight against Palhares, he had one job to do - avoid the heel hook and he failed big time.

Heaven forbid somebody should get serlously hurt in a fight.Also I dont give a damn about some random Pierce guy so who cares if he gets injured. Going into a fight against Palhares, he had one job to do - avoid the heel hook and he failed big time.

Fedor fans are so classy. Who cares about permanent injury unless you're Anderson Silva or GSP?

Back