Palhares RELEASED By UFC, Not Banned By UFC. Could Technically Return In The Future

And if the UFC did nothing I'm sure you'd be shitting on them for letting fighters get away with doing dirty shit and how they are ruining the sport by allowing these things.

Who are you kidding, whatever the UFC does or doesnt do you take the opposite side.

He's paid by Viacom. :icon_chee

You wouldn't be saying that if Pierce were seriously injured. This guy is a repeat offender. Someone will eventually get hurt.

I agree 100%, I bet the fighters support this move too because he is a repeat offender and this is a sport, not no holds barred fighting

As much as I love him as a fighter, the UFC has to get serious about this.

In the same line, extra punches after a stoppage should not be tolerated.

Lots of intriguing matches in Bellator, WSoF, KSW, ect..

I'd love a Doug Marshall fight if Rhino losses.

Khalidov, Daley are appealing also.

Agreed. I will start watching Bellator if they pick up Palhares.

still a ridiculous decision

I was hoping he would be punished properly but firing him is just totally overkill

Whatever,

This is like the 4th time he has done this shit. No excuse.

I was hoping he would be punished properly but firing him is just totally overkill

Are you guys still trying to pretend that this is an isolated incident?

just like Daley, which never fought in the UFC again, believe me, this guy is banned

Daley has really looked all that great outside the UFC, I don't think he's done enough to get back in any case.

Are you guys still trying to pretend that this is an isolated incident?

Not sure what you mean by "you guys" but I can assure you I am not part of the group you think you are adressing with that because I thought denying him the bonus money wasn't proper and sufficient punishment.

Also very well aware about his past transgressions.

still a BS call to fire him

Daley has really looked all that great outside the UFC, I don't think he's done enough to get back in any case.

Paul Daley has missed weight in 6 of his last 14 fights. Good riddance from the UFC.

just like Daley, which never fought in the UFC again, believe me, this guy is banned

If the UFC went out of their way to mention this to the media, I would say it holds some substance.

torn on this one

Palhares is a good fighter who beat a tough guy in Mike Pierce, but at the same time what he did really did not look good for MMA as a sport.

I don't think it was intentional in a nasty way like what Paul Daley did, but that's really something I'd have to think over

- first suspension for holding a sub too long
- mental spaz against Marquardt where he stopped fighting to talk to the ref
- mental spaz against Miller - literally jumped on the cage before it was stopped
- gets KTFO by Belcher
- gets KTFO by Lombard
- fails PED test
- second suspension for holding a sub too long

No one incident did the guy in, he's just a consistent liability. He's not such a marquee name or talent that all of his shortcomings should be overlooked. It's a reasonable release.

Let him go somewhere else and prove he can act stable (and test clean) and work his way back.

Not sure what you mean by "you guys" but I can assure you I am not part of the group you think you are adressing with that because I thought denying him the bonus money wasn't proper and sufficient punishment.

Also very well aware about his past transgressions.

still a BS call to fire him

What would have been an appropriate punishment? Feeding him back to Belcher?

Back