Palhares RELEASED By UFC, Not Banned By UFC. Could Technically Return In The Future

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
183738368.0_standard_352.0.jpg

PalharesWIN2.jpg

UPDATE: Shaap's initial report stated that Palhares had been "banned" from the UFC. Promotion officials have subsequently confirmed to MMAFighting.com that Palhares is "released."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/10/4825310/dana-white-rousimar-palhares-banned-from-the-ufc

Last edited:
Oh, in that case, its all good. :rolleyes:

Terrible decision by Zuffa.

That's better. I don't like the guy and I think he definitely needs to be punished, but banning him doesn't seem like the right move. At least not yet. A release will hopefully at least make him realize how serious the situation is so he can make the adjustments to ensure it never happens again.

Anyway, Bellator is smiling...

Oh, in that case, its all good. :rolleyes:

Terrible decision by Zuffa.

You wouldn't be saying that if Pierce were seriously injured. This guy is a repeat offender. Someone will eventually get hurt.

Your link legit says "banned" in it, though lol

Damn, not saying he didn't deserve it. He had done the same thing several times, but damn.

Would like to see him fight with Askren, but Bellator welter ain't no joke.

Your link legit says "banned" in it, though lol

That's because the article was put up and they can't change the title of the article. At the bottom they put an "update" as opposed to editing the article. No idea why they do this.

More good fighters for WSOF/Bellator to sign. Would love to see him against Askren, too bad Askren will probably going to UFC.

Thanks, that clears up a lot of confusion on Palhares' end:

5f2p.jpg

That's because the article was put up and they can't change the title of the article. At the bottom they put an "update" as opposed to editing the article. No idea why they do this.

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong. I just found it funny.

Guess people dont see the word update. The article was written as banned and they then had an update from the UFC saying he was just released, not banned.

That's good. I want to see Palhares in the UFC someday again.

More good fighters for WSOF/Bellator to sign. Would love to see him against Askren, too bad Askren will probably going to UFC.

Verses Askren, the guy who trains with Alan Belcher who gave Pallhars the most brutal beating of his life.

Yeah, I'd love to see that too for no other reason that to see the slack jawed mongoloid take another beating.

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong. I just found it funny.

Yeah I figured, but I wanted to sure that up so the Paul Harris fans don't run with it (I replied quick and one comment already got through lol).

Hopefully they're taking notes on what not to do in this sport.

And if the UFC did nothing I'm sure you'd be shitting on them for letting fighters get away with doing dirty shit and how they are ruining the sport by allowing these things.

Who are you kidding, whatever the UFC does or doesnt do you take the opposite side.

Lots of intriguing matches in Bellator, WSoF, KSW, ect..

I'd love a Doug Marshall fight if Rhino losses.

Khalidov, Daley are appealing also.

Back